Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 22:34   #391
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Choosing an SUV up to 22L | Seltos, Harrier / Safari, Hector Plus, Compass, XUV700, Kicks, Scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
My friend booked the XUV 700 AX7 Diesel AT couple days ago. His family felt it offers the best overall package when compared to the other contenders.
The dealership has reached out to my friend today saying an AX7 L is available due to a cancellation. He is wondering if the additional features are worth the extra 2.5 Lakh rupees.
Old 13th February 2023, 00:22   #392
BHPian

Re: Choosing an SUV up to 22L | Seltos, Harrier / Safari, Hector Plus, Compass, XUV700, Kicks, Scorp

Quote:
The dealership has reached out to my friend today saying an AX7 L is available due to a cancellation. He is wondering if the additional features are worth the extra 2.5 Lakh rupees.
Is it a Diesel Automatic?

If it's a Diesel Automatic or diesel manual you can definitely go for it. The extra set of features definitely justify the price difference.

Luxury pack adds electrically deployable door handles, wireless charging, blind-spot monitoring, 360-degree camera, passive keyless entry, Sony 3D sound system and an electronic parking brake to the list. It also gets seven airbags, while the standard AX7 has six. i think there were some feature deletions like sequential turn indicator from AX7 model hence it makes sense to go for luxury pack.

Edit :- AX7L AT is the only variant which gets Adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 13th February 2023 at 00:24.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 07:17   #393
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Is it a Diesel Automatic?

If it's a Diesel Automatic or diesel manual you can definitely go for it. The extra set of features definitely justify the price difference.
Thanks!

I thought AX7 L is available only in Diesel AT avatar, I could be wrong though.
Old 13th February 2023, 12:18   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Luxury pack is available in Manual as well with both Petrol and Diesel.

AWD is only available with AX7L D AT.

It is easy to get confused with N number of permutations and combinations of variants that come these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Choosing an SUV up to 22L | Seltos, Harrier / Safari, Hector Plus, Compass, XUV700, Kicks, Scorpio N-screenshot_20230213_121514_chrome.jpg  

BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:27   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

L variant is definitely worth it however wait for the AT, be it diesel or petrol. The diesel AT has Max torque output of 450nm, makes it even more effortless to drive, not to mention the additional features.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 13:22   #396
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Luxury pack is available in Manual as well with both Petrol and Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
L variant is definitely worth it however wait for the AT, be it diesel or petrol.
He is being offered the AX7 L Diesel AT and his booking was for AX7 Diesel AT, hence the difference of around 2.4 Lakh rupees, taking the on road price to just over 30 Lakh rupees.
Old 13th February 2023, 18:29   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the tact I have seen the dealerships use nowadays i.e. reduce the wait time but sell you the highest variant which is much more expensive - As if only the top end variants are being cancelled.
I know someone who had booked Scorpio N in the initial 25k bookings, but was put off by the 10-12 month waiting, hence cancelled. He was offered top end 700 if he was ready for the shift.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 23:44   #398
BHPian

Unending search for a perfect car

Hello Fellow BHP'ians.

I am out in the car market in search of a suitable replacement for my trusted Verna diesel, which I had to sell due to the 10-year rule in the NCR. I am on a loaner car for the last 6-7 months and in this duration, I feel I have exhausted the entire 10L-40L range and yet I don’t have a mind on the ‘perfect’ car. Need some advice from the community to help me reach a decision:

Few Requirements/Wish-list items:
- Coming from a Sedan, I am looking for a SUVish car
- Since this is my first major change after 10 years, I need a feel-good car (Pleasant interiors, Good music, Nice Screen, Fancy features)
- I am a fairly sedate driver so, driving power/acceleration-like features are not so high on the priority list
- Automatic (because Delhi Traffic)
- Brand (because wife is not too fond of Tata /Mahindra badging)
- Sunroof (because Daughter says so)
- Big Boot (because we don’t know how to travel light)
- Hassle-free Ownership (because we have been spoiled by Hyundai)
- MILEAGE (because, I just changed my job, which means my commute pattern has changed from travelling to the office once a fortnight to almost 100KM daily [Gurgaon-Noida-Gurgaon])
Cars I already have a booking for:

I was waiting for Hycross to be my silver bullet, but seriously disappointed by the quality of the interiors (too much plastic, low-quality setup, and patchy fit and finish) – Did not get a feel-good factor in it

Hector – Love the interiors, but still worried about super low Mileage and lack of reliability if intend to drive this 100KM every weekday

Other cars considered:
Compass – Cramped second row, small boot
Meridian – Diesel Engine, and not BS6.2 compliant as yet
Alcazar – Too Cramped
Tuscon – Hyundai tag doesn’t feel worth 36-37L
Creta/Seltos – Smaller boot – Does not feel like an upgrade
I am super confused with this one, and need to buy a car now –
- Is there a hidden gem which I have not considered?
- Or, should I buy a smaller mileage-friendly/feel-good car for the office commute and later a medium one for home/office travel? If yes, which options can I consider?
- Or, Should I go with Hector and break few FDs just for fuel?
Please advise, and all inputs/critiques are welcome

Thank you!
mountainboy1213 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 00:26   #399
BHPian

Re: Unending search for a perfect car

With a commute that long, I am assuming that you are looking for AT. If yes then for diesels u don't have good options except the XUV700 or Harrier which cover your criteria. The new Harrier is BS 6 ph 2 compliant. Unfortunately you have ruled out these brands altogether.
Petrol will cost you a small fortune in your daily commute.
Old 1st March 2023, 01:11   #400
BHPian

I think what you should do is split the city and highway usage between two cars as during the daily 100km commute you won't need a 7 seater, so as you said your budget is 10L to 40L, I think you should get

1. Tiago EV for the daily commute, XT long range costs about 10.80 Lakhs.
2. Hector or XUV700 or whichever SUV you prefer.

I think the total would be around 30L and you would have 2 cars at your disposal at all time in case one breaks down and the EV will save you from the daily fuel bills.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 01:35   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly the perfect car as you've pointed out is the Tucson.
Yes, it does feel overpriced compared to prices of yore; but looking at the quality on offer, overall space, that it's an all new generation compared to rivals Compass and Tiguan with more space, features, and a well balanced ride and handling combination - it is able to justify the price.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 02:49   #402
AZT
BHPian

100 km daily commute screams EV. The MG ZS should have you covered but the Nexon EV Max also gets the job done.
Car Dekho shows Skoda Kodiaq also in your budget
https://www.cardekho.com/skoda/kodiaq
Old 1st March 2023, 05:29   #403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Tuscon – Hyundai tag doesn’t feel worth 36-37L
Was driving the Q8 yesterday and we passed a Tucson. Couldn’t help thinking what a great car the Tucson diesel is and while the Q8 looks a million bucks, has a 3.0 V6 and was powerful, it was a handful in comparison to the Tucson.

The fact that the Hyundai tag doesn't feel worth it is a mind set issue and the earlier you get out of it the better. Get a car that gives you engineering depth and not tag value. I would prefer the Tucson anyday over a Audi Q8 for driving pleasure, handling and confidence at speed.

Hyundai has won the WRC championships 3 years in a row so they have more engineering depth than most companies. Whether all of it is available on all cars is another issue and is dependent on market / customer. The Tucson is a global product and is probably amongst their best if not the best.

Last edited by EV NXT : 1st March 2023 at 05:58.
EV NXT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 05:56   #404
BHPian

XUV 700 fits all your criteria
Well built, miles ahead from competition in terms of features, engine power, comfort. Only concern is long waiting period which can be bypassed to some extent if you have connects in dealerships

I know you are concerned about the TATA / M&M badge, TATA has its own issues but trust me new gen Mahindra (last 5 years) cars are a compete different DNA. Thar / XUV700 / Scorpio N are undisputed leaders in their respective segments. I was under the similar impression as yours 6 months back before I test drove XUV

I suggest you to explore XUV 700 before making the final decision

- Creta / Selto : Not a proper upgrade from Verna
- Alcazar : Overpriced for what it offers (elongated creta)
- Safari : No match for XUV in any aspect
- Hector : no diesel offering , petrol fuel economy is low
- Compass / Meridian - extremely overpriced for what they offer
- Tucson : I would invest a little more and get Kodiaq
- Kodiaq : Amazing car, go for this over XUV if budget allows
- Pre-owned Fortuner : 10 years diesel car issue
Old 1st March 2023, 09:20   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Please advise, and all inputs/critiques are welcome
I will share an experience from a friend who was/is in a similar condition but with 30km/day usage and will let you decide.

Brand status was a stated factor and a SUV was being considered in the 20 lakh range after getting dissuaded by the maintenance costs of the "luxury" brands. Explored options were Grand Vitara, HyRyder, Creta, Taigun, XUV700. After a confused month, a drive in an old Santro brought to fore the utility of a small hatchback in the city and somehow ended up booking the Tiago EV with the option to get a 7 seater for family outings later on.
I thought it was done and dusted but the "brand status" and the higher seating eventually played out and the Tiago EV was cancelled in favour of the Citroen eC3 for which the delivery is awaited.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by shancz : 1st March 2023 at 09:30. Reason: add tr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks