Taigun GT Plus 115 55.83%
Seltos GTX Plus 40 19.42%
Wait for All New Scorpio 51 24.76%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 13:56   #31
BHPian

re: VW Taigun vs Kia Seltos

I'd suggest you to have a look at Taigun 1.5 DSG if you really care about the performance and safety and don't care much about features.

Recently, I had a 200 Kms of highway ride in a Taigun 1.0 TSI AT, which is owned by one of my close persons few days ago, and since I had travelled as a passenger in that car, I can say that the suspension is well balanced, i.e, not too stiff and soft and the 1.0 TSI AT had performed well on highways though its 115HP on paper.

The Taigun's rear seat has good legroom despite being a 4 seater car.

Since you are planning to sell it off within 3-4 years, then look at Seltos Diesel AT as it has better resale value when compared to Taigun. And, the Seltos in Diesel AT guise is butter smooth and reliable as well.

And, coming to features, I don't care much about it but the good to have features are 360 degree camera, rear disc brakes, blind view monitor, which are missing in Taigun and I can live without these features though.

But, shame on VW for not offering ventilated seats in 1.5 DSG GT+ though its available in much cheaper 1.0 TSI Topline AT, which is 2L cheaper than 1.5 DSG GT+.

And, yes, I agree with you in terms of driving position. Even after adjusting the driver seat height to highest sitting, I still felt the driver seat position bit low when compared to Creta/Seltos.
Old 11th January 2022, 16:52   #32
BHPian

Neither as one has lot of features while other has poor safety rating. Ultimately both are unsuitable for your kind of uaage.

Also dont wait for new Scorpio as you might end up waiting a long time.

Get yourself Alcazar/Creta Diesel AT. Reliable.
Old 11th January 2022, 21:15   #33
BHPian

We recently looked at the Astor and Taigun for my wife. The Astor really looks impressive, do check it out. The reason we decided to go with the Taigun are: 1) intend to keep the car long term so we were concerned about all the tech on the Astor 2) wanted a smaller size car.
If you don't hate the Astor and assuming you will not have to worry about long term I would pick the astor. I wouldn't consider the Seltos solely for safety reasons.
nissar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:42   #34
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun vs Kia Seltos

With the experience of owning Terrano MT for 5 years and 2+ years of Duster AMT, I can say these two vehicles spoilt me in many areas - be it cabin space, boot space, ride quality, suspension, diesel mileage + maintenance, go anywhere attitude, ruggedness, just the perfect size etc, it is very difficult to get an upgrade with all of these qualities + additional "upgrade" features, so I am eagerly waiting to find that compatibility with each of the new launches but disappointed with recent launches (of course it has to be AT within my budget of around 20L).

IMHO Taigun/Kushaq/Astor/Seltos/Creta are the best upgrades for people coming from hatchbacks / sedans, unless attracted by high tech or brand value (None of them are GNAP tested yet with Seltos doing a poor 3 stars).

I would wait for launch of New Scorpio, Toyota+Maruti's CSUV, Honda HRV (don't know their India plans yet) so that I can have a satisfaction of getting something better than the current one. On the flip side New Scorpio with the 'ladder on frame' may not give best ride quality as Terrano/Duster but need to check out.

Best wishes in your search and do let us know your pick.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 11:30   #35
BHPian

Now that Seltos Facelift with 1.5L TGDI with 160PS 253NM is launched, would be very interested to know how this fares against VW Taigun 1.5 TSI or Kushaq 1.5 TSI.

How much cylinder deactivation makes a difference in fuel efficiency? I believe this feature doesnt exist in Seltos.

Seltos has introduced quite a few safety features as standard such as ESP, traction control, VSM and ADAS in higher version. However, not a word on body shell changes.

Last edited by kumarprabhatn : 8th July 2023 at 11:33.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 11:45   #36
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Now that Seltos Facelift with 1.5L TGDI with 160PS 253NM is launched, would be very interested to know how this fares against VW Taigun 1.5 TSI or Kushaq 1.5 TSI.

How much cylinder deactivation makes a difference in fuel efficiency? I believe this feature doesnt exist in Seltos.

Seltos has introduced quite a few safety features as standard such as ESP, traction control, VSM, ADAS. However, not a word on body shell changes.
As regards performance, the best way to compare the engine performance at present would be like comparing the Verna 1.5 SCT with the Virtus 1.5 DSG, but with the SUV stance and body style, suspension setup, and tuning, there should be notable differences, but as regards performance and driving feel, the VW-Skoda twins would surely come out on top, outright 0-100 may be better on the 1.5 DCT of the Seltos but the VW-Skoda twins would definitely be more involving to drive.

However, feature-wise, there is no beating the Seltos, but safety is where the VW-Skoda twins shine and the Seltos won't be able to hold a candle to their 5-star GNCAP ratings. However, the Seltos is equipped with all requisite active and passive safety features and ADAS, which adds to the safety quotient but body shell integrity would remain more or less the same as the pre-facelift version.

So, to conclude, if you want an all-rounder car with space, practicality, features, and good sales and service support, the Seltos facelift, or perhaps even the upcoming Creta facelift would be a good option, however, safety and driving feel are best in the VAG twins and they may be considered for the same.

A sad part to note is that there isn't a competitor in this compact SUV space (under 4.4 metres) that offers it all, space, practicality, features, mileage, and performance all in one, but the only one duo that gets close are the twins from Hyundai-Kia and that is evident in their sales numbers as well.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 18:01   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post

Seltos has introduced quite a few safety features as standard such as ESP, traction control, VSM and ADAS in higher version. However, not a word on body shell changes.
I've driven the new 1.5 TGDI with 160 ps in the Verna turbo DCT,the engine is more powerful ( only a slight margin) than the 1.5 TSI.But the way it puts the power through the power band is very linear u won't feel like being pushed back to the seat .
But VW 1.5 TSI is tuned bit aggressively it feels more peppy and eager to drive than the Hyundai 1.5 turbo
Another important aspect is the handling of Taigun and kushaq which can't be compared to seltos
I myself own a Taigun gt plus, Cylinder deactivation won't improve the mileage drastically Turbo petrols are more thirsty it ultimately depends on how you drive and based on the throttle inputs
The VAG32 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks