Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 23:47   #16
BANNED

hehe send it to pimp my ride...
Old 9th June 2007, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Streetlife.. if you really want to do this the cost for engine work would come upto 25 to 30 grand another 5 grand for drive line prices vary on what you want to do if it's complete redone, by replacing most of the parts and by removing the engine out of the bay then it'll cost you lil more, body work depends on what you want and where you do it, it can cost anything from 20grand at your local paint shop to 60 grand at a good place.
that is why buy a cheap Sierra in the first place, cos most of them are done up to be sold so the work is just superficial.
You will have to spend on maintenances more than other vehicles as TATA vehicles usually demand more of it.
But if you do the work properly it'll be fun to own one.
Old 10th June 2007, 20:01   #18
BHPian

dinar sure the sierra would be a cool ride to own if overhauled properly...
Old 9th April 2008, 10:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
What if someone rebuilts the whole vehicle. For eg. Redone engine and drive line, chasis stiffning, bodywork.. Will is still give problems? And what can be the approx. costs involved..

I am A Sierra Fan BTW

same here. i own a 94 model. redoing the engine costs around 25-30k, (depending on work) minor stuff like changing piston rings wiil be under 10k. cylinder head costs 35k (not always necessary to replace, can be ground in a lathe)dreive line is 8.5- 10k for the transmission shaft, clutch & pressure plate assembly will be 3.5k. gear box usually not required to rework unless in really bad shape. suspension overhaul with replacement of bushes and shocks will come under 15 k. chassis stiffening not required as it is a sturdy vehicle, however if it had a crash maybe worth doing.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

i say go ahead with sierra if you love it very much and would not mind changing every thing except the chassis, you might even end up doing some major chassis repair if there are any rusted parts and paint it too.

all in all if have like 2.5-3L apart from the vehicle's cost to completely rebuild it then go ahead. other wise just forget it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks