Kia Carnival 31 7.19%
Citroen C5 Aircross 23 5.34%
Other (please specify in your post) 28 6.50%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2024, 16:10   #76
BHPian

Re: Upgrade from Skoda Yeti

C5 although a good option but very difficult to find. Also will go over budget.
Old 19th June 2024, 16:25   #77
BHPian

Tiguans seem to have depreciated very well. Go for it if you can live with harsh ride quality. Else kodiaq. A rule of thumb in pre-owned market is never buy a car with more than 40-50k kms mileage. If your usage permits sedans then please look at passat as well. Nice car with very good depreciation in used car market.
Old 19th June 2024, 18:59   #78
BHPian

Have both the Tiguan (AllSpace) and the Kodiaq (L&K) but with the 2.0 TSI engine. I would say go for the Kodiaq as the Tiguan is a lot more stiffly sprung. These two are absolute vfm at the price that you want to get them at.

Offtopic, have the Tiguan's depreciated that much? quick search on OLX. Cheapest I can find is ~17.5 lakhs but 2 owners, nearing a lakh kms and comfort-line.

I would recommend not getting car that has done more than 50k kms as well.
Old 19th June 2024, 19:32   #79
BHPian

What is the model year of your Yeti and how many kilometers has it run, both by you and in total?

Within 15 lakhs don't think you will get a car that either doesnt show its age or is an upgrade from Yeti.

If there is nothing wrong mechanically with it, might be better to just spend on sprucing it up a bit.
Old 19th June 2024, 21:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedriver_9000 View Post
Tiguans seem to have depreciated very well. Go for it if you can live with harsh ride quality. Else kodiaq. A rule of thumb in pre-owned market is never buy a car with more than 40-50k kms mileage. If your usage permits sedans then please look at passat as well. Nice car with very good depreciation in used car market.
After driving SUV's/Crossover's for many years, it'll be difficult to transition to slow slung Sedan's but yes Passat or even for the matter Superb are a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish View Post
Have both the Tiguan (AllSpace) and the Kodiaq (L&K) but with the 2.0 TSI engine. I would say go for the Kodiaq as the Tiguan is a lot more stiffly sprung. These two are absolute vfm at the price that you want to get them at.

Offtopic, have the Tiguan's depreciated that much? quick search on OLX. Cheapest I can find is ~17.5 lakhs but 2 owners, nearing a lakh kms and comfort-line.

I would recommend not getting car that has done more than 50k kms as well.
Both are available for >15L. Looks like have to extend the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
What is the model year of your Yeti and how many kilometers has it run, both by you and in total?

Within 15 lakhs don't think you will get a car that either doesnt show its age or is an upgrade from Yeti.

If there is nothing wrong mechanically with it, might be better to just spend on sprucing it up a bit.
2013, 80K in total, 17K by me in the last 3 years. It's now 11 years old. I have already changed the clutch with flywheel, timing belt, fuel pump and all the ABS sensors. Need suspension overhaul and few other cosmetic changes for a complete overhaul but then again it's a 11 year old car at the end of the day.
Old 19th June 2024, 22:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
2013, 80K in total, 17K by me in the last 3 years. It's now 11 years old. I have already changed the clutch with flywheel, timing belt, fuel pump and all the ABS sensors. Need suspension overhaul and few other cosmetic changes for a complete overhaul but then again it's a 11 year old car at the end of the day.
When you have changed so many things, why don't you just keep the car. If you change the car you may have to go through over all that again. Yeti should serve you well since you have changed all the major & important parts.

If you are a car enthusiast look at something like a pajero sfx etc which can satisfy the enthusiast itch in you while yeti may do the beater duties.

Give a thought before buying. I would ask you to avoid heavily driven german cars. kodiaq and tiguan with dsg gearboxes may not be easy to repair if any problem occurs. Either increase your budget and get a car in good condition from the above list or look at something else from a lower segment like compass etc. If you are adventurous then try something like pajero sfx. These are just my two cents from a limited knowledge.

Last edited by acedriver_9000 : 19th June 2024 at 22:14.

Most Viewed