Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 02:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Car with some special needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post

Any ideas to speed up delivery of XUV700. I am afraid to go to TATA safari due to reliability issues..
I might come off as harsh but after going through the entire thread i will say you need to choose your compromise. Make a list of your requirement and assign a weightage to them, see which car comes close to satisfying top 3 of your requirement because at this rate you might end up rejecting all the cars that are out there

There can be N number of reasons to reject a car or like a car but you need to find which of those N reasons you are fine with. Ignore the bad experience with the showroom and interior quality for now as your priority has to be comfort of your daughter.

If reliability is your main concern then i think you should stick to Japanese manufacturers.

Despite what anyone has to say a TATA is as reliable as Mahindra and vice versa and if TATA was really that bad it would have shut it's shop way back. tata harrier/safari are 1894 mm in width so i don't know if it would fit in your parking space. Although i personally feel that safari/harrier feel more planted than XUV over highway and have a better ride quality. The only issue is with HPS vs EPS and how much you are comfortable with those steering types.

XUV petrol variants are easily available but, you will have to wait for 3-4 months at a bare minimum if you are picky about a variant and colour. Moreover, a petrol SUV will never be light on your pocket. As you mentioned earlier anything above 15 lakh is a stretch therefore if your are willing to go above that price bracket then don't compromise on mileage as well.

Toyota Innova or Maruti Suzuki XL6 suits your requirement the best. Toyota is reliable and workhorse not to forget solidly built but, do remember petrol is fuel guzzler and Innova isn't available to book in diesel anymore.

Try exploring TATA Hexa in pre-owned car market.

Good luck!

Last edited by BleueNinja : 24th August 2022 at 02:26.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:49   #32
BHPian

Re: Car with some special needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I might come off as harsh but after going through the entire thread i will say you need to choose your compromise.
I don't mind but we have compromised on parking and budget.. Only things not yet compromised is Comfort (ride and Auto box) and safety(6 Airbags). Reliability is must as we had bad experience with unreliable car. Also, we are planning to mod the car for my daughters need. So reliability is must.

Quote:
There can be N number of reasons to reject a car or like a car but you need to find which of those N reasons you are fine with. Ignore the bad experience with the showroom and interior quality for now as your priority has to be comfort of your daughter.
I don't remember rejecting car based on interior but, if there is no proper response from showroom then I dont want to struck with that car.

Quote:
Despite what anyone has to say a TATA is as reliable as Mahindra and vice versa and if TATA was really that bad it would have shut it's shop way back.
Tata and Mahindra might have same reliability but Mahindra is proactive in resolving issues and Tata is still having niggles in 3 year old Harrier.

Quote:
The only issue is with HPS vs EPS and how much you are comfortable with those steering types.
My wife will be also driving occasionally. in which case HPS will be difficult for her.

Quote:
Moreover, a petrol SUV will never be light on your pocket. As you mentioned earlier anything above 15 lakh is a stretch therefore if your are willing to go above that price bracket then don't compromise on mileage as well.
I don't drive much. Maximum 3-5k KMs per year and that too mostly on highways. For my usage and driving style, I think petrol is enough. Life is short to worry about mileage.

One update is we have requested Tata Safari test driving based on BleueNinja advise. SA has promised delivery within 5-10 days if the vehicle is in stock and within 30 days if not in stock. Since Safari has quick delivery, we are planning to give it a try. Mahindra has seriously dropped the ball here with 1Lakh+ booking on Xuv700 and ScorpioN they could be minting money if only they have increased production to Creta levels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks