Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 17:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unable to find a suitable replacement for my Tata Hexa

If the only compromise on the Kodiaq is the stiff ride, have a look at the new Kodiaq L&K with the DCC. It's supposedly sold out but no harm trying.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 17:47   #17
BHPian

I seriously feel that you should consider replacing one of the other cars in your garage if Hexa is suiting all your requirements for now.
Old 18th February 2022, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVERICK_BOSS View Post
I would have loved to retain the Hexa but, there are a few niggles which the ASS guys are unable to resolve.

1. Rattles have started coming in.
2. Engine vibrations have become a little too much.
3. The steering ahs become a bit vague. I don't like driving the car anymore. Besides that, I think the car is doing great.
Just out of curiosity, how much has your Hexa clocked? Engine vibrations seem to be a bigger problem and your Hexa shouldn't be older than 7 years if I am not wrong.
Old 18th February 2022, 18:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would have loved to retain the Hexa but, there are a few niggles which the ASS guys are unable to resolve.

3. The steering ahs become a bit vague. I don't like driving the car anymore. Besides that, I think the car is doing great.
How competent is your TASS? Generally they are good only for routine maintenance and breaking things new things in an effort to fix existing issues. Try an independent workshop with a decent reputation, ideally one which you or your contacts already have a good relationship with.
Old 19th February 2022, 09:29   #20
BHPian

My vote would go to the French. A close friend of mine recently bought an aircross to upgrade from his 2013 Innova. Trust me when I say this, the ride quality is incredible, even on Mumbai roads the car literally glides.

The lack of space should be made up for by the amazing ride, he has also said that the car is much easier to drive given its dimensions as compared to the outgoing Innova.

However, I would yet say to keep the Hexa, it is a really competent car and not that old yet. A fresh set of mechanical parts and other accessories can breathe a lot of newness into cars (speaking from personal experience). I was supposed to upgrade my Vento this year to a Virtus but I don't think I would be doing that given the Slavia info. Instead of spending close to 20+ lakhs on a new car I would be spending around 1L to make the Vento as new as I can mechanically and also opting for some cosmetic upgrades.

I hope this helps and best of luck!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 10:30   #21
BANNED

Quote:
These aren't that big issues I feel. Nothing that a good FNG can't fix. The last sentence that the car is doing great means you will instantly regret once it is sold. Try to manage it for a couple of years and hopefully new cars will be there by that time.
Old 19th February 2022, 13:42   #22
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:

The challenge is, its time to replace my Hexa, and I am unable to find a suitable replacement.
Only 1 thing in the whole market comes close or even exceed your requirements and that is Range Rover Vogue / sports . First hand will be good but even you managed to get a good second hand one , that will serve your purpose . Take at least a test ride and then decide but before any decision making , I think Range Rover brand must be given a chance considering your criteria . Land Rover Discovery sports also makes sense .

Last edited by Sheel : 19th February 2022 at 17:07. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 19th February 2022, 14:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

A Volvo of your preference ought to suffice. The XC90 is excellent, a used V90 might also be a great choice. They proudly claim to care a lot about the ergonomics and design of their seats and seem to be the only manufacturer that talks about their seats a lot.
Old 19th February 2022, 14:22   #24
BHPian

I think the Innova Crysta with captain seats is a no brainier for you. You can change the rims to one size smaller and the suspension problem is gone.
As for the back seat, I think it’s the best in the business, way better than the Hexa’s.
My father had a similar problem and we bought an X7 for him, but he absolutely hates it. Getting in and out is a big problem because it’s a very high car. Prefers the innova to everything else.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 15:06   #25

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:

The challenge is, its time to replace my Hexa, and I am unable to find a suitable replacement.

To be honest Hexa is irreplaceable, it is a hidden gem, Try not to sell it. Imo it will only become harder to get a Hexa in the future as people are only coming to realise how good a car it is.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th February 2022 at 17:06. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 20th February 2022, 00:38   #26
BHPian

Looking at your garage sir, I am tempted to ask a question like a famous tiktoker "what do you do for a living?", but I shall abstain

On a serious note, did you consider the harrier? It feels like a small bedroom in the second row, more spacious than an Innova Crysta. A good seat cover maker should be able to modify the seat base perfectly to suit your needs and add the right amount of cushion where applicable. The sheer amount of space should make it possible. Just being a bit creative and suggesting what I would have probably done.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 11:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:

1. The New Safari - Haven't driven it yet, but the seat is not as generous as Hexa. In fact, I found it quite small.

2. C5 Aircross - Poor rear seat. The individual seats do not have enough width. When I took the test drive, the seat belt locks were hurting my bum. I liked the car otherwise.

To reiterate, my requirement in order of preference:-

1. Seat Height
2. Seat Base
3. Ride Comfort
How many years and kms has your Hexa Run?

1. The first preference would be to fix your Hexa issues at the Noida service center that another member suggested or at a competent independent garage. There isn't any good replacement for the Hexa unless you are willing to shell out for a GLE/GLS/XC90 as your daily.

2. The reason overweight people like the Harrier is that the seats are large. If the new Safari's seats (similar seat size to Harrier) are too small for you than perhaps you are too large for them.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd February 2022 at 07:02. Reason: Toning down
Old 1st March 2022, 12:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post
2. The reason overweight people like the Harrier is that the seats are large. If the new Safari's seats (similar seat size to Harrier) are too small for you than perhaps you are too large for them.
The seats of new Safari does not have a deep seat base \ squab. It does not support your thigh all the way to the knee even for someone who is not tall. If you are used to sitting on a seat with proper thigh support, it would be uncomfortable after some time.
Old 1st March 2022, 15:19   #29
BHPian

The genuine fact is that Hexa has no proper replacement. At least below 70 lakhs.
The Hexa is a true game spoiler - A ladder frame chassis, affordable, ride and comfort focussed, capable automatic, and spacious 7/8 seater SUV.

So you only have 3 options
1. Why sell it? Do an inside-out thorough restoration. It will not cost you a bomb to do it. And of course, the car is not so complex as well. In fact, there are many reputed and professional FNGs who can do this. (This is my recommendation)
2. Replace the current one with another used one. This is a gamble and you will win if you are lucky.
3. Spend more than 70-80 lakhs for a new Vellfire/XC90/GLE. This is literally a bad move and my last recommendation.
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have been looking for automatic hexa, do share more details of your hexa

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd March 2022 at 12:57. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Arayan5614 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed