Hyundai Alcazar 15 4.11%
Something bigger like the XUV700 or Innova Crysta 136 37.26%
Other (please specify in your post) 6 1.64%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 01:05   #61
BHPian

ICE Kia Carens Diesel At VS MG ZS EV

Looking for a spacious 5 seater all rounder car. Added seats or boot space is welcome and will be put to use occasionally.

Recent Cars.
Kia Seltos D AT: Average all round car. Used it for a year. Now with my brother in the family who uses it mostly for intercity runs. Needed polishing for the price in almost all departments.
Nexon EV XZ+: Quite a roller coaster ride with the car. The drive was superb but my car was plagued with issues relating to the catalytic converter, poor ac and small niggles. All issues were resolved by Tata motors but wasted just too much time and energy on the car. Didn’t trust Tata after sales to carry the weight of the car for the next 5 years so sold it off with a small profit thanks to the change in the subsidy rule.

The Contenders

1. XL 6 AT : Again an average all rounder car with below average interiors. Reliable and easy to maintain. Comfortable 6 seater. Drive is below average with a sluggish gearbox. Decent mileage even in the city with the petrol and peace of mind of Maruti.

2. Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun: The Fabia was my first car and the most loved car to date. These three cars can’t hold a candle to the build quality of that car. Squeaks, Rattles, Jumpy response in city, stiff suspension in the city, single digit fuel economy and many more reasons why I won’t consider these cars and the upcoming Virtus.Although I must admit the VW sedan is one hell of a looker and nostalgic.

3. Kia Sonet HTX D AT: Considering strictly to avoid taking a car loan and low initial cost. Downgrade from both the Kia Seltos and Nexon EV.

4. Kia Seltos HTX D AT: Quite a lot of upgrades compared to my base AT version. The car was quite liked in the family. 2 Airbags, Leather touch, Sunroof, 17inch alloys, Paddle shifters and improved suspension as quoted by Kia are the upgrades over the car I had for an increase in price of 2.5 lakhs. But compared to Kia Carens D AT looks very less value for money.

5. Honda City V AT: Comes very close to smoothness of an EV in the city with the eco mode, the cvt transmission and the refined engine. Still one of the best rear seat experience. Great boot size. Sedans are still better to drive than the SUVs. Running cost is high with a mileage on 12-13 in city on the precious as gold Petrol. Average suspension and Low GC. Basic features in the V version.

6. MG ZS EV Excite: 2nd contender so far. Frankly after driving an EV everything else sounds noisy and harsh. The drive is addictive. Excite version will lose out on good to have features but covers almost everything for 23L on road. Very low running costs and maintenance. Two major cons. Rear Seat space and ergonomics. Additional planning and waiting for every long trip required with the wait times at EV chargers increasing day by day.

7. Kia Carens D AT : Top contender so far. Everything I liked about Seltos minus the negatives. The drive is no match for the ZS EV with the Diesel feeling underpowered for this car. To offset the running costs I am getting a spacious 7 seater with more features and no waiting for charging during long trips. The torque converter and diesel are average for the price though.

Mind says Carens but the heart is hooked onto the smoothness of the ZS EV.

Last edited by Sagar.Agarwal : 16th May 2022 at 01:16.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed