Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 08:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Which interim car should I buy while waiting for my XUV700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
If you can live with the van like shape and taxi image of Innova, no car is as VFM as the GX AT. No other car in 20-40L can match the space and comfort of the car. I have gone through the same decision making process. But it is a boring car.
Buying and selling cars is a highly depreciating business. So do it as much less as possible. I won't advice buying a third car at any cost.
On Trading cars frequently : I agree. More so as the Mrs. strongly believes this as well. With the city and Toyota Innova in the garage I believe I should be sorted till 2030/32. Hopefully stars keep shining and can pick up one of the Germans then!
sedanlover2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
I believe I am in a funny situation hence seeking advice from the Pundits here at Team BHP.

Current Garage
1) 2021 July - Honda City VX Automatic (Petrol) done about 7500 KMs
2) Dec 2017 - Ford Ecosport -Titanium Petrol done about 45000 KMs

For the next 10-11 months not expecting too many long drives as we are on the family way. Long road trips are a no no till the child is 3-5 months old at-least.
Honestly I feel you've been bitten by the upgrade/replace bug. Give it some time to pass because I don't feel that logically there is any reason to dispose of your perfectly good cars
  • Your Ecosport is just 4 years old. Hardly halfway into its life. Just get the major issues fixed. I drive a Ford right now and their service is just fine. No issues observed after they stopped selling their cars. (Infact I would rate their service experience as one of the better ones in the country)
  • Monetarily, fixing the Ecosport will cost much less than depreciation on any car you purchase now.
  • Non KA registration cars can drive in KA without any issue as per the order passed by Karnataka High Court
  • Only reason I see is if you want to go out with entire family (3+1+1+1) but you've mentioned yourself that you will not be doing long drives. How many such occasions do you foresee in the next 2 years? If that is not frequent, then why not take out both cars.
Old 10th March 2022, 08:49   #18
BHPian

I drove a MH registration car in Bangalore for about 1.5 years. I have never been stopped for registration. But then maybe the cops may behave differently if they see a registration from a non neighboring state.

I sold my car via Ola as the direct buyers were quoting less since they would have to pay to transfer the registration. See if you sell to one of these providers and buy from the same. That may allow you to perhaps get a good deal.
Old 20th March 2022, 11:24   #19
BHPian

Here is a final update to this thread. I did the unthinkable. I bought a used KIA Seltos.

Details:
Bought from: Spinny Bangalore (Whitefield)
Car : Kia Seltos HTX (IVT) Petrol
KMs run when purchased: 9500
Manufactured in : 2020 September, registered same month.
Car Condition: If I didnt tell you it was second hand, you would not know.
Cost: 15.3 L

Plan:

Have not cancelled the XUV 700 booking. Waiting for it to be allotted will then take a call on which car to keep/sell or to cancel the booking.
sedanlover2021 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks