Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 10:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Advice needed | Used Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

I was in the same boat as you recently. Having used 2003 Prado petrol and 1st gen Scorpio , also have fortuner and crysta 2.8 diesel at home.

The prado was bought new back then , the issues are after 1.5 lakh kms , the gear box torque converter starts slipping, Toyota suggest to replace the whole gear box which costs 5 lakhs. At 2.5 lakh kms the engine starts to drink oil. If going for Prado avoid petrol engine and auto.

Crysta is good and powerful but awful on bad roads. Fortuner is even worse. I have recently bought a LC100 . It has good space, better ride than most suvs, will last long.
Old 20th June 2022, 14:24   #47

Re: Advice needed | Used Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

Hello All,

I am looking at a LC Prado 2008 petrol model Chennai. Yet to test drive it. I am familiar with the average it gives. There is a 2011 X3 with the same dealer. I am inching towards the Prado considering it’s ease of owning (I have owned 2 Corollas in the past). But the only thing which is troubling me is the fuel price these days. Do you think X3 is a better vehicle to own. I personally know a good multi brand garage and might get the car serviced if I go for X3. Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks