Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 09:57   #31
BHPian

re: Upgrading to an SUV from a sedan | Increase budget or compromise? EDIT: Getting an XUV700 AX7 L AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Your requirements scream for a Harrier/XUV700. No Safari, Innova, Compass, etc. Period.

More than enough space for 5, SUV, top notch in safety, driving dynamics are good enough (cannot replace your Vento obviously), 700 is has all the bells and whistles compared to Harrier, headlights of both do solve the purpose.

Regarding the performance and handling, neither of it can replace a Vento. 700 is longer and heavier compared to Harrier, but 700's steering is better compared to Harrier's. Also 700 is slightly powerful and with better powertrain compared to Harrier. Probably you may want to do a thorough test drive to decide on the handling and performance.

Harrier is few lakhs cheaper than 700. And the other (show-stopping) concern is the waiting period for 700.
Thank you for the response. Yes, I'm going to miss the handling of Vento in my next purchase. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any SUVs that handle as well as a Sedan. XUV700 seems to be the better one considering SUV standards.

I took a test drive of XUV700 Diesel AT over the weekend and was impressed. Power and torque were available whenever I needed them and it was very easy to drive it in the city traffic as well. Steering feel and feedback change with the drive modes and Zoom mode has the best feel among the modes.

I didn't like the steering of Harrier/Safari during my earlier drives. As you said, maybe I should try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
And the other (show-stopping) concern is the waiting period for 700.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
If only the waiting period of XUV700 is a concern, you can book the Scorpio N in a couple of days (27th June) and expect delivery in 3-4 months.
The waiting period of XUV is not a concern, as I already have a booking of the same dated 8th Oct, with day 1 price protection. My current CPD is July-August. The only prerequisite is I should make a decision very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Considering you mentioned safety before everything else, I'd say the 7OO is the best bet for your family. Its feature loaded and is a 5 star rated car, that is like having your cake and eating it too
Thank you, I'm thinking the same. Will hold my booking while parallely trying out other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
If safety is a must, then my recommendation would be to avoid Kia and Hyundai India based cars which are back to back getting 3 star rating and have unstable bodyshell. No point in spending 20+ Lakhs and still fear about poor build quality.

Basis points given, following qualify:
1) XUV700 - safe and complete package
2) MG Hector CVT - engine has decent power to suffice 90% of use case
3) Wait for Hyundai Tucson (budget may go up)
Thank you for replying. Exactly the reason why I dropped Seltos and ended up in this dilemma. I felt Hector petrol is not enthusiastic and the Diesel doesn't have an AT. I will watch out for the launch event of New Tucson next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
you can book the Scorpio N in a couple of days (27th June) and expect delivery in 3-4 months. A Z6 diesel AT 2WD Scorpio N, with 175 PS power, should definitely cost less than Rs 23 lacs on road. The Z6 variant also gets 4 airbags and a sunroof. So not a bad deal at all.
Thank you, will watch out for the Scorpio-N launch event today. But from whatever info I have, it would be priced close to XUV700 anyway, in which case I will stick to XUV700
The Alchemist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 11:29   #32
BHPian

re: Upgrading to an SUV from a sedan | Increase budget or compromise? EDIT: Getting an XUV700 AX7 L AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Thank you, I'm thinking the same. Will hold my booking while parallely trying out other cars
I recommend the same. You mentioned that the allotment for your booking might arrive in July or August, I'm assuming that's this year. A XUV 7OO delivery for this year, let alone next month or the month after that, is something that is very hot property right now. Don't let go of that booking by any chance

Mahindra is providing everything in the 7OO, except the car itself
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I recommend the same. You mentioned that the allotment for your booking might arrive in July or August, I'm assuming that's this year. A XUV 7OO delivery for this year, let alone next month or the month after that, is something that is very hot property right now. Don't let go of that booking by any chance

Mahindra is providing everything in the 7OO, except the car itself
Yes, that is correct. It's July/August this year

I kind of anticipated long waiting periods after they logged in 25000 bookings on the first hour/day. So when the dealer called me I asked him to proceed on the second day. I thought INR 2100 cancellation fee would be a small price to pay for having the luxury of choice, and it is paying off well now

I had the car in my cart when that facility was opened online, and hence Mahindra offered day 1 price protection as well. The difference between day 1 & current price of the AWD Luxury variant would be around 1.7 Lakhs!
The Alchemist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
I didn't like the steering of Harrier/Safari during my earlier drives. As you said, maybe I should try it again.

The waiting period of XUV is not a concern, as I already have a booking of the same dated 8th Oct, with day 1 price protection. My current CPD is July-August. The only prerequisite is I should make a decision very soon!
Well, you may blindly go ahead with the 700. Harrier's steering is definitely not the one you want to replace your Vento's. 700's electronic steering is way better than Harrier's unreliable hydraulic one.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 22:54   #35
BHPian

Thank you all for your inputs. Just wanted to share a quick update. I had decided to go ahead with XUV700 as it ticked most of my needs. 5 star safety, powerful engine, nice automatic gearbox, excellent handling and driving dynamics by SUV standards and spacious and pleasant interiors. All features, tech and AWD are added bonus.

Got an update recently that my car is billed from Mahindra and I’m expecting to take it home in a couple of weeks.

XUV700 AX7 Luxury AWD is coming home soon!
The Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks