Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 22:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ditto to what Manson mentioned. It seems the legendary road-runner HVKumar (HVK) has not seen this or else would have choked.

His truck, a non-CRDe Scorpio, has done 1.6L K Kms without a hitch and not even a peep in the engine.

My own Scorpio has done close to 80K and still prances up like a newbie..Touchwood!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
And to top this up I was told by a mechanic that in scorpios, they open up the engine at 60k once.
Anup
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
That is a serious misconception. I have a 2004 Scorpio which has done over 90K, and there has been no need to open up the engine.

Infact, i remember GTO posting that M&M have tested the Scorpio motor for a good 3L kms before needing a redo of sorts.
All you would need at 60K would be a third brake pad, and a first clutch change apart from the usual scheduled service.

manson.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I do not know about how First Choice is, but when it was Automart, it was simply awful. They were worse cheats than the common middleman dealer. Their cars were pathetic & the prices were sky high.

@drpartha.. Did you inform the RTO about this ?
I completely agree with esteem_lover. They were worse cheats. However, I won't say that there cars were pathetic, but the prices were sky high. I'm telling this based on my personal experience. I bought a Wagon R,Vxi from them. Though the car was well maintained by its previous owner (Ashwini Nachappa - former athlete), hardly run 22,000 kms. But these cheaters quoted high price, some how I managed to bargain for Rs 5000.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:32   #18

Beware of Automartindia

//**
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@drparatha - what exactly happened? Do post your experiences here. Calling people names (cheats, etc) so saying that you have been harassed 10 times does not help; but posting your experiences definitely does.

BTW, even if they did not transfer the ownership to the buyer's name (probably, the buyer is cheating them too?) you can notify the RTO about your sale.
**//

1. I have given a gist of the problem in my post. Please read the post carefully.

2. I have followed up with another post where I have given the web site of the complete story with plenty of documentary evidence. Please read the post and go through the web site. I repeat the URL again ::: Beware -- used-car fraud -- Beware

3. I have of course taken enough precautions -- informed the Police, RTO and also Automartindia.

4. It does not matter if the next buyer is conning Automart like Automart did to me. I have a written and official delivery challan signed by Automart that they accept all risks and responsibilities from the date of sale of the car to them. As far as I am concerned, only Automartindia is responsible for all consequences.

5. My name is NOT "paratha" Please be careful when spelling people's names.

I hope this is clear.

In any case you can always mail me at drpartha@gmail.com for further details and documents.

partha

Most Viewed