Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 17:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

No doubt. The fusion is the VFM car. But you will have to bear with its bad low speed ride.

Moreover since you have mentioned of low lying areas with water logging. Are you sure you dont want something with a higher platform.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:54   #32
BHPian

Planning to book Fusion

Gemithomas: Can you please explain 'bad low speed ride'? Is it drive comfort ot shocks performance?

I heard out side noice & horn noices heavily (more than current Santro) in the test drive car. Is it the test drive car's problem or is it how Fusion would be? Apologies if I sound very stupid.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

vanchi. THe suspension(shocks) is slightly on the harder side on all ford vehicles. The Fusion has a low profile tyre (195/60R15). Both these things help in the excellent handling of the vehicle. I mean taking turns at high speeds you would really be in control and the car would not go even slightly out of the path. However the combined effect of these two aspects means that you would be "shaking" when you go over bad roads. Especially Bad roads at lower speeds are a bit irritating on the fusion. But of course these are the penalities that you pay for the higher ground clearence and excellent handling capabiilties.

The main reason i asked you to rethink is that eventhough the "technical" ground clearance id higher than any other car available, its platform is lower than the safari's and the scorpios. Thus the fusion might not be the right vehicle for you to negotiate water.
Old 28th June 2007, 13:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Been seeing a lot of fusions in the last couple of days. Wonder if the fusion is finally taking off. Maybe there are good discounts, please check with more than one dealer.
Old 28th June 2007, 14:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Gemithomas: Can you please explain 'bad low speed ride'? Is it drive comfort ot shocks performance?

I heard out side noice & horn noices heavily (more than current Santro) in the test drive car. Is it the test drive car's problem or is it how Fusion would be? Apologies if I sound very stupid.
Vanchi, I have travelled a few times in my friend's Fusion as a front/rear seat passenger. Exterior noise did seem to percolate inside quite a bit, especially the tyre noise (i know i am really exaggerating, but its the same "type" of noise one hears inside a plane during takeoff/landing ) .

Also, though the ride was a bit hard, it wasnt a put-off, at least for me. The handling is spot-on i guess, judging by how easily my friend handles the vehicle in blr city.
Old 28th June 2007, 15:51   #36
BHPian

Thanks for your responses.

Scorpio: Is it easy to drive for my wife? Since Fusion is mini SUV, I am compromizing.

I too have seen many Fusion especially near Koturpuram signal.

I am getting 15K discount with basic accessaries from one dealer and other one provides music system & 2 years TMP for 6.41 L.

But I am still confused between Fiesta / Fusion / City.
Old 28th June 2007, 16:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

The fusion has a few spunky features, however, how good will it be wading through waters, one needs to verify. Also, the fusion is ideal for city driving.

@ EL - I have noticed a spurt of fusions on the road, something must be happening!!!
Old 28th June 2007, 17:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Thanks for your responses.
Scorpio: Is it easy to drive for my wife? Since Fusion is mini SUV, I am compromizing.

I too have seen many Fusion especially near Koturpuram signal.

I am getting 15K discount with basic accessaries from one dealer and other one provides music system & 2 years TMP for 6.41 L.
But I am still confused between Fiesta / Fusion / City.
I have seen quite a few women driving Scorpios in mumbai and b'lore, so it shouldn't be a problem for your wife...

I have also heard that MPL Ford offers very good deals provided one drives a hard bargain - so guess you can ask for a bigger cash discount.

Fiesta / City? What about the low GC then? That said, they will certainly retain value much better than the fusion...
Old 28th June 2007, 19:18   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I have seen quite a few women driving Scorpios in mumbai and b'lore, so it shouldn't be a problem for your wife...

I have also heard that MPL Ford offers very good deals provided one drives a hard bargain - so guess you can ask for a bigger cash discount.

Fiesta / City? What about the low GC then? That said, they will certainly retain value much better than the fusion...

Scorpio is not as 'big' as it seems. its is generally easy to drive, due to good front visibility till the ends of the bonnet, and large glass area around the car. Thats what i have felt. Please have a thorough TD.

Why not consider the SX4 too? It has ground clearance of 190mm, with 16inch wheels, that makes it a bit better than Fusion also in this regard. Also, You have the typical Maruti qualities of reliability, service, resale value and the likes. Seems like it would be a good choice.
Old 28th June 2007, 22:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
@ EL - I have noticed a spurt of fusions on the road, something must be happening!!!
The only thing happening is BIG discounts & people coming to buy the flair may have been tempted to go for this, else all ford employees would have been forced to take a fusion with interest free loans. i cant see whats there in that car for almost 7L OTR.
Old 1st July 2007, 10:10   #41
BHPian

GO for the lady's SUV. Fusion. 198cm clearance.
Comfortable to get in and out. So useful ergonomics in 4 months rainy season where such things do matter.
I have almost decided on Fusion. Waiting for the diesel variant.
Old 1st July 2007, 22:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
i cant see whats there in that car for almost 7L OTR.
the price is around the 6.1-6.2L mark now... it was 7L OTR a looong time back.
Old 1st July 2007, 23:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
the price is around the 6.1-6.2L mark now... it was 7L OTR a looong time back.

5.7 ex showroom in chennai, according to their website.

Most Viewed