View Poll Results: Which Big Mahindra?
XUV700 11 68.75%
Scorpio-N 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N

Given the overlap between the two cars, this confusion is inevitable for many of us. While the difference in ride and handling will be known in couple more days, starting this thread with a list of missing features in Scorpio N compared to XUV 700 (the ones highlighted in red are missing in Scorpio N).

Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N-scorpionvsxuv700.jpg

There are few inconsequential features which I am not sure whether they exist in Scorpio N or not (like IntelliControl, MicroHybrid tech, etc.). Have ignored these for now. I don't think these features anyway factor in anyone's purchase decision.
tarunjain is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post

There are few inconsequential features which I am not sure whether they exist in Scorpio N or not (like IntelliControl, MicroHybrid tech, etc.). Have ignored these for now. I don't think these features anyway factor in anyone's purchase decision.
Not sure if the ScorpioN has the auto start-stop system (which is the MicroHybrid thingy anyways), but the old Scorpio did have it.

The Intellicontrol is definitely not there in the ScorpioN, the place/knob has been taken by the 4XPLOR system.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:25   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thank you. Clearly you have taken a lot of trouble to sit and list out the differences. If I may hazard a comment here, I would say that barring the 360 degree surround view, cornering lamps, knee airbag and telescopic steering, all the rest of the missing elements are inconsequential, at least, to me.

Quote:
Given the overlap between the two cars, this confusion is inevitable for many of us. While the difference in ride and handling will be known in couple more days, starting this thread with a list of missing features in Scorpio N compared to XUV 700 (the ones highlighted in red are missing in Scorpio N).

Attachment 2326590

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:50   #4
BHPian

One feature which is "missing" in lower variants of XUV 700 is cruise control, As We know due to ADAS which is only available on top variant.

For me Cruise Control is more important in comparison to start stop button. For me W4 is very well configured variant which provide almost all basic essential features and someone can actually consider it if on a tight budget. Only missing part is additional airbags.
Vishal.R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Not sure if the ScorpioN has the auto start-stop system (which is the MicroHybrid thingy anyways), but the old Scorpio did have it.
Yes, could be there. But probably not important either way. Just a bullet list item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Intellicontrol is definitely not there in the ScorpioN, the place/knob has been taken by the 4XPLOR system.
Right, makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I would say that barring the 360 degree surround view, cornering lamps, knee airbag and telescopic steering, all the rest of the missing elements are inconsequential, at least, to me.
Yes, absolutely. It will be different for different people. Idea behind the thread is to bring out the differences clearly to help people figure out what suits their requirements better.

For me, the features that I give some weight to:
- 360 camera (and blind view monitor)
- Panoramic sunroof
- Cornering lamp
- Adaptive cruise control
But then it's always about the price at which we are getting these. For me, they don't seem worth the additional money. For someone else, if their list of useful features in XUV 700 is longer, additional price will be justified.
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:08   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N

Ah. I seem to have missed this one. Now, even the new Thar has Cruise Control. So I am indeed a bit surprised that the Scorpio N apparently doesn’t.
Can someone please double confirm this?

I’ve used the Cruise control extensively in my Thar when on highways. And I’ve noticed always that for example if I have set it at 90kmph, it automatically brakes and retards back to 90kmph when it is on a downward incline and the momentum automatically picks up and is likely to go past 90kmph.
So, considering that this is there in my Thar, and considering also that the Scorpio N belongs to a higher segment and aimed more squarely at highway runners, then, I should think this to be a hygiene feature in the Scorpio N. So as long as this above facility is there in the Scorpio N, that is good enough for me.

Quote:
For me, the features that I give some weight to:

- Adaptive cruise control.
Old 29th June 2022, 11:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ah. I seem to have missed this one. Now, even the new Thar has Cruise Control. So I am indeed a bit surprised that the Scorpio N apparently doesn’t.
Can someone please double confirm this?
Scorpio N very much has the usual cruise control (you can also see that listed in the features list image I posted - at the bottom of AX7 column). XUV 700, as an extension of ADAS, also provides an improved version of Cruise Control which they call Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go. This is available only on AX7L AT variants of XUV 700. This helps the car automatically slow down or even stop if there is another vehicle in front while you are on cruise control. Once it's out of the way, car goes back to the speed set in cruise control.
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:30   #8

Considering the initail post, the difference between complete scorpioN and 700's major(deal breaking for some) features:-

1. Panaromic Sunroof
2. Memory driver seat
3. ADAS
4. 360° camera
5. Electronic parking brake

Rest all major features of 700 are available in scorpioN

So, Top model (Automatic 4x2) price comparison

- ScorpioN Z8L: 23.70L on road (tentative)
- XUV700 AX7L: 26.00L on road (in Punjab)

If we compare proper top model of ScorpioN,
- ScorpioN Z8L: 26.00L on road (tentative)
- XUV700 AX7L: 26.00L on road

Then, you get the below in scorpioN which is not available in 700:-

1. 4L and 4H proper 4x4
2. 4xplore terrain management system
3. MLD and BLD diffrentials
4. RWD
5. Better tuned suspension for off-road. (For normal ride and handling as well will be decided after review)
swapnil0035 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:09   #9
BHPian

They are completely different cars.
Scorpio is body on ladder I believe and XUV is Monocoque.
For someone living in rural areas Scorpio is a much better bet and similarly if your usage is primarily urban, XUV 700 is the one to get.
We still have to hear about how Scorpio drives on road but I don't have high hopes about it.
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 14:04   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Am with Vaibhav. More than features, it's a body-on-frame vs monocoque comparison here. The monocoque XUV700 will offer better ride quality, superior handling and be the more car-like to drive. On the other hand, the Scorpio will be more robust, abuse-friendly, more overload-friendly and (odds are) more competent offroad.

A big one is also RWD (Scorpio, like most body-on-frame cars) vs FWD (XUV700). I'd personally go with the XUV700.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2022 at 14:14.
GTO is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:47   #11
BHPian

A small comparison given below.

FWD VS RWD -Now with social media and marketing stuff people will start analysing this and end of the day most will select the FWD considering the easiness to drive and maintain.

Looks - Subjective. While I feel the ScorpioN is looking better than XuV700 in the front fascia the side profile and rear profile is won by XUV700

Features - Mahindra has added the cruise control in mid level trim while the same is missing in the XUV700 Ax5. I still feel cruise is not a must given our highway conditions though it is good to have at this price point . ADAS is reserved for this flagship.

Engines - XUV 700 marginally wins this one because of the higher state of tune.

Gearbox combo - Even stevens.

Space - Scorpio being Scorpio everything feels closer to your body and space is really tight. The N still has the claustrophobia carried from the old one. While the XUV700 has big real estate at least in the first two rows. Headroom is a worry for tall people though in XUV700. The bottle holders in the N are not easy to access as the space between the seat and door pads are narrow.Overall XUV700 wins here.

Ride and handling - Though enthusiasts will love and live to drive the RWD BOF vehicles the Monocoque wins the race here due to the easiness in driving the vehicle. Trust me XUV700 does drive like a rugged vehicle. Take her in the Zoom mode and then you will understand what I say. Monocoques are easier to live with as well.

Value for Money Proposition - I feel XUV comes as a VFM vehicle as it is the flagship and it has slightly better features, engines and the all important space which is required in the big butch SUVs

For me - XUV700

Dear Mods - Can we have a poll included?
zeus_700 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 21:27   #12
BHPian

Being an owner of Xylo E9 for the last 8-9 years…i will any-day opt for Scorpio-N for the shear functional aspect.

I don’t think twice before going over bad roads, potholes etc. In my Xylo.
A few less features is always acceptable over functional aspect.
RWD along with Diesel Automatic and 4x4 is my preference.

Regards,
Rahul
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 21:36   #13
BHPian

Noticed something interesting while comparing the suspension specs of Scorpio N and XUV 700. At first, I looked at both the brochures and found these:

From XUV 700 brochure:
Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N-xuv700brochure.png

From Scorpio N brochure:
Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N-scorpionbrochure.png

Sounded very different and was trying to figure out the differences. While doing that, landed upon respective webpages (XUV 700 and Scorpio N) on Mahindra Auto's website. Guess what? It's identical there.

From XUV 700 webpage (https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700...ons-features):
Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N-xuv700website.png

From Scorpio N webpage (https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/scorpi...ons-features):
Mahindra XUV700 vs Scorpio-N-scorpionwebsite.png

So unless XUV 700's suspension itself has undergone a change, the only likely explanation is that Mahindra team has just decided to describe the same suspension set up using a new collection of words. The XUV 700 brochure probably hasn't been updated since the last year while website must have.

Or has the XUV 700 suspension actually changed? People who understand these terms, please throw some light

Last edited by tarunjain : 2nd July 2022 at 22:04.
tarunjain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:09   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Noticed something interesting while comparing the suspension specs of Scorpio N and XUV 700...on Mahindra Auto's website. Guess what? It's identical there.

From XUV 700 webpage (https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700...ons-features):
Attachment 2328475

From Scorpio N webpage (https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/scorpi...ons-features):
Attachment 2328473

Can't be this complicated. One of the ways of developing a website quickly is to "duplicate" content from similar websites and update relevant portions. Am sure this is a result of the product manager not paying attention to detail before signing off the website.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Can't be this complicated. One of the ways of developing a website quickly is to "duplicate" content from similar websites and update relevant portions. Am sure this is a result of the product manager not paying attention to detail before signing off the website.
But one would imagine copying over content from XUV 700's content to Scorpio N's webpage, given that Scorpio N is the new one. But it's the reverse
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks