Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 00:11   #31
VIZ
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza AT vs Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I'd say pick the Brezza Vxi AT between the two vehicles you have mentioned.
I need cruise control and certain creature comforts which is available only from ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KannanV View Post
//

A suggestion : XUV 300 AT Petrol / Diesel is another choice

PS : I had booked and cancelled Taigun 1.0AT a month ago and back to the next ordering process.

Thx.
All the best in your car search.
Yes, you are right. I did a test drive of it last year, but I didn't choose it due to small boot capacity. Ofcourse I can fold the rear seats for now, but it will be an issue when the family grows.

BTW, why did you cancel Taigun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Just on the pricing part, it is atrocious but to give you an insight, here are some findings I had done a while ago on the S-Cross's Zeta vs Alpha variants.
Thank you very much. Only reason I am considering ZXI+ is 360 degree camera. Not behind alloy wheels or LEDs. I would have accepted gleefully if MSIL offered 360 degree camera in place of sunroof in ZXI.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th July 2022 at 01:39. Reason: Typos
VIZ is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2022, 01:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Only reason I am considering ZXI+ is 360 degree camera. Not behind alloy wheels or LEDs. I would have accepted gleefully if MSIL offered 360 degree camera in place of sunroof in ZXI.
And a lot of us would've just wanted the 6 airbags on the XUV300 W8 but then Mahindra wants us to spend 1.5 lakhs more and get a sunroof, leatherette seats and diamond cut alloys along with the airbags

The manufacturers know this and hence their feature distributions are intended to get the max money out of most types of buyers.

Last edited by shancz : 18th July 2022 at 01:15.
Old 18th July 2022, 09:36   #33
BHPian

Since you have highlighted already that you are a beginner:

Go for Breeza to have better gear box experience. For everything else you can blindly go for nexon, especially for ride comfort, ground clearance, commanding seating position and the Herman music system! Boy the sound quality is magical for this class and price bracket.

I have taken delivery of Nexon XZA+ HS Petrol 20 days ago and driven 800+ kms so far, no doubt its a great vehicle other then AMT. Although you will get used to it in no time but occasional lags during shift does bother sometime.

TBH i haven't driven new breeza yet but didn't liked the same slush unit on new XL6, its refined but not responsive to sudden throttle inputs. When accelerated hard car first liked to announce that i am about to shift down and roar then move, in short drama unfolds and then it moves.
FlankerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:40   #34

Quote:
I need cruise control and certain creature comforts which is available only from ZXI

All the best in your car search.
Yes, you are right. I did a test drive of it last year, but I didn't choose it due to small boot capacity. Ofcourse I can fold the rear seats for now, but it will be an issue when the family grows.

BTW, why did you cancel Taigun?

Cancelled Taigun after negative feedbacks on poor Air-conditioner performance in 1.0 engine and general fit&finish issues being reported constantly. Did talk to few friends & their circle and decided not to invest in Taigun 1.0AT.

Between my last post and now - Booked Nexon XZA+ petrol (5 months wait) and XUV300-P-W8-Opt (3 months wait) yesterday. Between these the early arrival will become my next car.

Understand your point on XUV300's low boot space. Agree, it matters.

Thx
KannanV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 20:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Motorheads,

I am searching for a car for past 1 year with below requirements.
Hi Viz, have you considered the Honda Amaze CVT? It has bigger boot space, offers a refined CVT transmission, the top variant has all the bells & whistles you would need. If you are not particular about those fringe benefits, the middle 'S' variant at ~9+Lac on-road price seems bang for your buck!.

I am in a similar dilemma, but after a serious thought, I am actually shifting towards Amaze than Nexon or Brezza, as the car offering better VFM.
Old 1st August 2022, 23:51   #36
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Hi Viz, have you considered the Honda Amaze CVT

Nope, I didn't consider that as I need a good GC for pothole filled Bangalore roads.
Old 2nd August 2022, 05:13   #37
BANNED

Considering your requirements, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross are the cars that fulfil most of your requirements.

The Brezza ZXI+ fulfils all your requirements, but is pricey, the Nexon comes close but has an AMT gearbox and NVH levels are higher than the Brezza, the Toyota Urban Cruiser is basically a rebaged Vitara Brezza which feels dated, the S-Cross is also dated and is about to be replaced by the Grand Vitara.
Old 2nd August 2022, 07:05   #38
BHPian

Think deeply about how you use your car. A mid / low variant of the next segment car could come at the price of a top variant of a lower segment car.

Take a hard look at the delta features and see if you really see them using sufficiently to justify their existence and your premium for those.
Old 4th August 2022, 16:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
4) Open to crowd wisdom here
Given the atrocious pricing of the new Brezza, have you considered the Toyota Urban Cruiser, that is basically the older 2021 gen Brezza?

I am in a similar situation as you and here is what I have put together for Mid-AT UC vs the XMA Nexon

The upside of the UC is:
  • Non-jerky TC vs Nexon's AMT, and simpler NA engine vs the Nexon's Turbocharger
  • Better mileage due to the mild-hybrid tech
  • Even the mid-variant of UC has LED headlamps & Climate Control (the latter is imp. for me) which the XMA does not have.
  • Superior after sales service of Toyota + Better Warranty period
  • almost nil waiting period, and the dealer can offer you upto 1Lac discount
  • bigger windows for rear seat passengers. This is imp. for me as my wife & kid suffer from motion sickness

The downside of the UC however is:
  • UC does not have ESP, TC & BA safety features of the Nexon, but I am not sure how important or relevant are these.
  • smaller booth space - 328 vs 350
  • expensive spare parts (as per other threads here)
  • Nexon has much higher power & Torque (the car literally lunges forward when you step off the brakes, its eager to run), but that maybe a downside/risk in start-stop traffic
  • More expensive that Nexon, but you can narrow down the gap by getting a good deal from the dealer.

So that is where I am as well, stuck in a dilemma on which one to opt for.

Last edited by hanzt : 4th August 2022 at 16:54. Reason: added more points
Old 4th August 2022, 17:58   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Given the atrocious pricing of the new Brezza, have you considered the Toyota Urban Cruiser, that is basically the older 2021 gen Brezza?

I am in a similar situation as you and here is what I have put together for Mid-AT UC vs the XMA Nexon

The upside of the UC is:
  • Non-jerky TC vs Nexon's AMT, and simpler NA engine vs the Nexon's Turbocharger
  • Better mileage due to the mild-hybrid tech
  • Even the mid-variant of UC has LED headlamps & Climate Control (the latter is imp. for me) which the XMA does not have.
  • Superior after sales service of Toyota + Better Warranty period
  • almost nil waiting period, and the dealer can offer you upto 1Lac discount
  • bigger windows for rear seat passengers. This is imp. for me as my wife & kid suffer from motion sickness

The downside of the UC however is:
  • UC does not have ESP, TC & BA safety features of the Nexon, but I am not sure how important or relevant are these.
  • smaller booth space - 328 vs 350
  • expensive spare parts (as per other threads here)
  • Nexon has much higher power & Torque (the car literally lunges forward when you step off the brakes, its eager to run), but that maybe a downside/risk in start-stop traffic
  • More expensive that Nexon, but you can narrow down the gap by getting a good deal from the dealer.

So that is where I am as well, stuck in a dilemma on which one to opt for.
The upsides to the Urban Cruiser far outweigh the downsides, and considering dealers trying to clear off inventory, The Urban Cruiser is perhaps the most value for money SUV in its class now.

as far as the downsides go, 22 litres of bootspace shouldn't be of a major concern.
I am not sure if the Nexon's spare parts are cheap either.
yes, Nexon is more powerful and torquey but the 4-cylinder NA engine with 1500cc ought to be much more reliable than a 1200cc turbo charged 3-cylinder engine. Moreover, NVH will be much better in Urban Cruiser.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:

The upside of the UC is:[*]almost nil waiting period, and the dealer can offer you upto 1Lac discount

The downside of the UC however is:[list][*]UC does not have ESP, TC & BA safety features of the Nexon, bg a good deal from the dealer.
I have zeroed down on UC too as the new Brezza does not offer that much for the price it charges. Compared the new Brezza Vxi AT with UC Premium AT and found UC to be having many more features. but the max discount (from BDelhi Dealers) i got is 55k. Will be interesting if more details on 1Lac discount can be had

I think ESP has ABS,EBD and Traction Control mainly (am no expert on this though) and UC has ABS and EBD. From what i gathered Traction Control is mainly used in over/under steering conditions (basically to keep the rear wheels in line). But will be god to hear more on ESP' utility from the experts on the forum
Old 7th August 2022, 15:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
i got is 55k. Will be interesting if more details on 1Lac discount can be had
+5K if you are a salaried employee working in a private company, let them know, your discount can go up to 60K.
+20K if you exchange your old car with them
upto +20K if you opt for a car loan from them (this is not exact 20, its upto the T&C of your car loan with them)

so that is how it all adds up to max 1Lac. I am stuck at 60 with them , as I got a much better deal for my old car from Cars24 (>2x rate) and I wont be going for the loan.
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 16:48   #43
BANNED

The official offers for the Toyota Urban Cruiser are as follows: Rs 44K (12K Cash + 24K Exchange + 3000 Corporate + Rs 5000 Accessories)
Dealer end offer varies to tune of Rs 50K to 70K based on Stock in hand.
I have got an offer for a whopping Rs.1,14,000/- here from a dealer and am seriously considering whether to go for it or not. He has huge inventory in stock and is seriously trying hard to get rid of it before the end of the month, as new Urban Cruiser Hyryder is set to be Toyota's only Compact SUV from its launch.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 22:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much. Only reason I am considering ZXI+ is 360 degree camera. Not behind alloy wheels or LEDs. I would have accepted gleefully if MSIL offered 360 degree camera in place of sunroof in ZXI.
Did you check if it is possible to have 360 degree camera installed in ZXI as additional accessory?
I am, however, considering ZXI+ for 6 airbags. Now I got another option in Grand Vitara Zeta with 6 airbags and without the sunroof. If Oct 1 deadline makes all cars with 6 airbags, I suppose VXI will work for me too.
Old 13th August 2022, 00:20   #45
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Did you check if it is possible to have 360 degree camera installed in ZXI as additional accessory?
No, the dealer said that safety features will not be provided as accessories.
VIZ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks