Tata Punch 2 0.43%
Citroen C3 14 3.01%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 1.94%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others

Voted Nexon, both here and with my wallet.

It’s been 4 years and 50K KMS with my Nexon Diesel AMT and the car has delivered much more than anticipated. Despite being a high GC car, it is a very involving ride.. it can gain and carry speed very competently and the build is solid !!
charanreddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:22   #17

I am a newbie so I could not vote. My pick will be the Citroen C3. At this price rather than buying some lifted hatchbacks, i prefer the C3 because of its great pair of engines, the quirky cute styling and the sorted suspension. Also, all the other cars listed will cross 10L rupees for the top variants, whereas I can get top spec (not exactly specced well) Citroen C3 for sub 10L. If Diesel is required, the Sonet AT will be the perfect choice.
uddhavsanyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:24   #18
BHPian

Voted for Sonet, I'm not an SUV guy unless you're talking about the ones off road or offer supercar performance but if I had to get one for family reasons I'm getting the Sonet Diesel AT, 115hp Diesel engine is powerful and traditional 6 speed TC automatic means no DCT reliability issues to worry about nor any CVT or AMT to zap the fun out of driving.

Hopefully MSIL launches the 5 door Jimny/Gypsy with the rumored 127hp engine in India soon so we enthusiasts don't have to choose between a off roader, 5 seater family SUV and a powerful engine, we can have all that in one car.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 23rd July 2022 at 12:26.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Voted for Kiger. In its turbo avatar, 4 star safety and 4 air bags and excellent price, makes it the best choice of VFM.

If Sonet has 4 star, it would be the king of the segment

Mods, Honda WRV is listed in description, but not in the table and voting option.

Last edited by tirumalavoleti : 23rd July 2022 at 12:33.
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:30   #20
BHPian

Nexon.

Petrol, diesel, auto, manual, EV, butch looks, high ground clearance, spacious and comfortable seats, decent boot, lots of features, solid build, turbo engines, tall seating position, excellent ride and handling, suspension to eat bad roads .

Last edited by Nalin1 : 23rd July 2022 at 12:32.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:53   #21
BHPian

Voted for the Kia Sonet.

I have actually voted it with my wallet as we got the Sonet HTX D AT a few weeks back. There is nothing that beats the Sonet as a complete package; and I know there’ll be the arguments on safety. But then it hasn’t been crash tested yet, so judging on the Seltos / Carens ratings wouldn’t be kinda fair IMO.

The most important reason for us getting the Sonet is simple, the D AT. The car is an absolute hoot to drive and the gearbox just sweetens the deal. We had a very specific requirement though ; a Diesel & a ‘good’ automatic. Needless to say about the fit / finish etc. as I believe even some of the competitors are upto the mark.

The only chink in the armour here is the space, especially at the rear.

P. S.: Not sure if the Punch & the C3 fall into this category, as they are a segment lower IMHO.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars have become very expensive in this Sub-4m SUV segment, at 16.5Lakh OTR the Brezza and Sonet are quite expensive for the size!

I would go the pre-owned route and pick up a less run Octavia, yes the DQ200 reliability is a question mark. But I’ll get much more space and performance for the same price…

2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others-ef0fef85fb804a4b8a5bfe8ef42be0de.jpeg

2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others-6eaada261db14390af478306b3288ec5.jpeg

2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others-2cf365f339be47e7931ba234d7cc0801.jpeg

If an used choice is not an option then I would for the Brezza/Urban Cruiser.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd July 2022 at 13:18.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nexon or Brezza any day. But the Nexon will always be the first priority because Tata has really improved the quality of their products over the last 2-3 years. While booking the Altroz DCA, just for comparison, we sat in the display Nexon and we were really impressed with the interior space and the feel-good factor. Plus it's decently loaded with features and a very nice-sounding Harman system.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Voted for XUV300. I myself didn’t think I’d vote for it considering it’s dated already. However, its engine, especially the petrol that I drove of my friends’ was purely for an enthusiast. If it gets a good cosmetic upgrade both interior & exterior, trust me it will just be back to its toes on the sales chart.

What surprises me from the voting is, people still prefer Brezza as their 1st choice & Nexon takes the cake next. I didn’t vote for Nexon, because I don’t have first hand experience with it despite it being the best in the segment. I didn’t vote for Brezza because it’s engine option and the pricing now is atrocious!

Cars that I feel will still rule the segment now is clear - Brezza, Nexon & Sonet.
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:44   #25
BHPian

Not even a single car in this segment that doesn't have at least one big miss and ironically, it's arguably the most VFM segment with some cut-throat competition. Kia Sonet Diesel AT would have been my top choice easily- but I will never vote for a Kia or Hyundai until they fix their safety issues. I would never buy their 3-rated cars although I drool over them - I hope to do my micro little bit to reduce their sales and force them to bring on higher safety standards . Safety kings Nexon and XUV300 would have made it if they had a good AT. Magnite would have been the top choice if it had at least 4 airbags and Brezza if it had a better engine or if its Auto version was available for at least 2 lakhs cheaper. So with the Ride comfort, Safety, Space, and a very serviceable CVT, the Renault Kiger has my vote.
VinsWagen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:53   #26
BHPian

Even though I very much like the Kia Sonet, I have voted for Maruti Brezza. The exterior design and the new interiors are better than other options in my opinion. It also has a comfortable rear seat and good fuel mileage.

As the car is from Maruti stable, it will have the most fuss-free ownership among cars considered for the poll.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd July 2022 at 17:32. Reason: Fixed typos.
grosserimperial is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Not even a single car in this segment that doesn't have at least one big miss and ironically, it's arguably the most VFM segment with some cut-throat competition.
Brezza misses out on a good engine. I personally feel that the Nexon design is overdone but that aside it is the best of the current lot. If one can accept the safety issue i found the Venue to offer good space and has a neat interior. I wonder if the companies are just keeping the rates high in spite of the raw material cost increase to offset the downturn in other segments.
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:24   #28
BHPian

Voted for the C3.

Have always picked cars for the engine and mechanicals. The C3 sounds like the most fun car in the lot, even without the AT.

Have been trying to convince wifey to get a nice small car, and wish she would bite the bullet on the C3.
KungFuPanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:35   #29
BHPian

Voted for Citroen C3. Going by the reviews it has got many things right - ride, handling, powerful turbo petrol + slick gearbox, spacious cabin, comfy seats, etc. And it looks great too. A perfect car for both city and highway for a family of 4.

C3 will make it tough for the competition if Citroen can introduce a higher manual turbo variant for ~9L, and an auto turbo for ~10L, by including all the essential features of a modern car.
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:01   #30
KPR
BANNED

WRV diesel for me. It gets all that are needed plus excellent diesel mileage and sunroof, all at around 13L on road. Why not WRV especially after 4 Star safety rating for Jazz. I'm sure one can get more than 50K discount during this festive season.

Last edited by KPR : 23rd July 2022 at 20:04.
KPR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed