Other (please specify in your post) 9 1.94%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 00:50   #136
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
The Polo is such a fun car with an excellent build, fast acceleration, and safety as well, they don't make many like the Polo anymore
A sad reality indeed, believe me with each passing day and with each passing test drive I am kicking myself for not going for Highline variant when I had the chance to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
with car prices skyrocketing, the ever-increasing demand for SUVs, new launches are bound to get even more expensive, so be prepared to shell out more, the later you postpone your purchase, as car prices are being revised every quarter or so.
I had this thought as well hence, I did TD few cars and I have my thoughts on them.
  1. Nexon AMT :- The car feels sturdy and is feature packed. However, the AMT experience is something that soured me on Nexon. Maybe years of TC and DSG experience has spoiled me some but I could feel the "gear shifts" in the lower gears. It does get smoother once you are past the third gear but it's very much well pronounced in Eco and City mode & in Sports mode it's not as well pronounced but yes it does exists. I can wait for the DCA variant of Nexon that is set to launch soon but I hope the "digital steering" is limited to the higher variants as option and isn't common throughout variants as I don't trust TATA with tech. If the 'AMT Problem' is sorted then Nexon is the car to go for.
  2. Sonet TGDI DCT :- I really liked it. Interiors feel good and steering feel was buttery smooth yet doesn't feel all over the place. The suspension is mature and I feel is much more sorted than Seltos. 205 mm of ground clearance also helps clear over the top speed breakers and potholes infested roads. 'HTX' variant is on Money.The 7 speed DCT shifts gear with finesse and I took this TD just after Nexon AMT which made me further appreciate the DCT. Car picks up pace quickly however the lower end torque seems weak. Sonet also seems appropriately sized albeit a bit cramped compared to others in the list. The sales executive was overly enthusiastic about the Bose Sound System but to be honest I found it to be good enough, there are other cars with better stock setup. The only thing that's stopping me from pulling the trigger on Sonet is the safety rating dilemma. I feel that even though I am looking for city car and can maybe compromise on safety rating but the traffic and driving mannerisms of commuters in Pune these days is nothing short of scary, I feel it's much more important to have a safer car in the city also I am not sure if I would like to replace one car with less rear space with another.
  3. i20 N line :- Oh how am I disappointed. don't get me wrong this is a good car but I feel after driving polo over the years I didn't find N line to be as great as it's hyped to be. For eg. on Mumbai - Bangalore highway where I took the TD the NVH wasn't as good as it is in my Polo or Harrier. I did check the tyre pressure and it was 33 Psi in all 4 tyres. The steering is good and much better than other Hyundai's of the past but it isn't as confidence inspiring as Polo. Polo's steering wheel has a heft to it and it just darts in the direction you want it to go. Quick lane changes are also more confidence inspiring in polo than I20 N line. The Polo overall feels like a solid car. Driving and build quality aspect aside I feel i20 is a better car than polo in other aspects. Space is much more in i20, you can easily carry 4 people where as in polo it get's cramped. The tech on offer is far superior to what was offered in polo. AC performance of i20 is definitely better than 1.0 TSI Polo. However, I am not sure if I am willing to spend 14 big ones on i20 N line given the fact that it didn't impress me where it matters the most, driving capabilities.

I am to TD Brezza tomorrow and will post my update post taking the TD.

So far I haven't been able to find that one car which meets all my needs and can be a suitable replacement. As few members advised I think I will have to shift to a higher segment but not sure if that's the practical thing to do.

Cheers !

Last edited by BleueNinja : 9th June 2023 at 00:52.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 06:03   #137
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
A sad reality indeed, believe me with each passing day and with each passing test drive I am kicking myself for not going for Highline variant when I had the chance to do so.

So far I haven't been able to find that one car which meets all my needs and can be a suitable replacement. As few members advised I think I will have to shift to a higher segment but not sure if that's the practical thing to do.

Cheers !
If you are planning on increasing your budget, then a few more options do come up and the best of the lot would be:

1. Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG
Skoda is offering huge discounts on March 2023 (BS6 Phase 1) leftover stock of Ambition, Style, and Monte Carlo DSG and if you are able to strike a perfect balance between features and price, I think it should be a good deal. Moreover Loyalty Discount is applicable for all Skoda, VW, Audi, and Porsche Car Owners buying New Skoda Car.

2. Upcoming Kia Seltos Facelift
A worthy option to consider for all the tech, features, and new 1.5 DCT gearbox, however since it's only a facelift, there won't likely be any improvements in safety ratings. You could consider the current gen HTX IVT Seltos too, and it comes with great offers and discounts as well if you are willing to live with an older generation model albeit with 3-star safety but with 6 airbags and all requisite active and passive safety features.

The VW Taigun DSG can also be considered but it's currently available only in the topmost trim, but I hear they are planning to launch it in lower trims soon. The Hyundai Creta IVT is also a worthy contender but with similar cons as the Seltos but with a much softer ride, moreover offers and discounts on the Creta are hard to come by too.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 11:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
If you are planning on increasing your budget, then a few more options do come up and the best of the lot would be:

What is your opinion on Thar RWD petrol AT. It's sub 4m in length and safe. It's also coming in our budget when we opt for BH number plate. We don't necessarily need 4 seater as we have a 5 seater as our primary car plus wife seemed to like it in test drive. It's just the practicality aspect she is concerned with because the switch would be from a hatchback to BOF SUV.
Old 9th June 2023, 18:36   #139
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
What is your opinion on Thar RWD petrol AT. It's sub 4m in length and safe. It's also coming in our budget when we opt for BH number plate. We don't necessarily need 4 seater as we have a 5 seater as our primary car plus wife seemed to like it in test drive. It's just the practicality aspect she is concerned with because the switch would be from a hatchback to BOF SUV.
The Thar is a pretty big car, although under 4 meters in length, It has a width of 1820 mm which however doesn't translate to interior space, A height of 1844 mm, and a wheelbase of just 2450 mm. Moreover, it's a fuel guzzler and is not the most practical vehicle either, lacking boot space, and is basically a 4-seater with restricted rear legroom. Moreover, the on-road dynamics aren't great as compared to the conventional FWD crossovers.

However, considering it's the second car in your garage, it could be considered if you are willing to live with the aforementioned cons.

Another alternative in the same segment would be the new Maruti Suzuki Jimny Zeta AT costing similar money to the Thar RWD, It comes with 4-doors, a compact footprint, and All Grip too, so if you want to take it off-roading, you can do that as well. Moreover, the boot is bigger than the Thar's. Its compact dimensions are a boon in the city, although not the best for the highway. An alternative worth considering, and with the number of cancellations, you could get one without a long wait too. Here in my state, a few dealerships have started reaching out to customers citing ready availability.

Last edited by bijims : 9th June 2023 at 18:37.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 13:48   #140
BHPian

Which C-SUV to buy? Nexon vs Brezza

Hello everyone, I am looking for your opinions on what car to go for to replace my 2011 Punto.
Currently looking at the CSUV range.

Requirements are reliablity, good looks, decent interiors and safety.

Various options were considered and the shortlist is narrowed down to Tata Nexon and Suzuki Brezza.

Tata Nexon :
I like the interiors and the safety.
Looks are good at the front, but looks like a hatchback in profile and from the back.
Currently like this the most but it seems the facelift is due soon. Sales advisor flatly declining any facelift even though it's all over the news and won't give a good deal.
Facelift is supposed to have an increase in prices and delay in delivery.
Is it better to get the Nexon right now? XZA+ model that seems to fit the bill is currently available without wait, but no significant discounts.

Brezza: Like the SUVish profile more. Definitely better looking.
But costs more and the interiors not as good as Nexon and we already have an Urban Cruiser at home.
Is this option worth considering?

Ruled out:
Venue, Sonet : Not sure about the safety
XUV300: Ruled out by parents due to poor fuel economy reported by salesperson.
Taigun, Kushaq: Price is next segment.

What is the best approach here?

An alternate option was to shuffle the Urban Cruiser to me and replace it with a bigger car like the Hyryder but waiting periods are upto an year and so was ruled out.

Thanking you for your inputs.
Old 27th August 2023, 21:41   #141
BHPian

Re: Which C-SUV to buy? Nexon vs Brezza

CSUV is a big space now a days so its important you have a clear budget in mind.

Assuming you are going to get a petrol -> manual transmission then the you can start with

1. Venue or Sonet 1.2L (both are good but Sonet ticks more boxes)
If you can stretch your budget then check base variants below which are far superior
2. Creta or Seltos 1.5L or Brezza 1.5L (refined engine with 20BHP more power) and better ride quality.

Test drive Creta/Seltos and Brezza on same day. It will be easier to decide.

I would avoid:
1. Grand Vitara or Hyryder (non hybrid) since it has the same 1.5L engine Brezza has with a higher price point. You are not getting anything new unless going for fully hybrid.
2. Nexon - This is a champion car in terms of sales figure for TATA however the 1.2l engine is not refined as its peers which is a big deal for me.

SAFTEY: Definitely one of the primary factors to be considered. But the scoring mechanism driving the stars based on parameters (e.g. third seat belt in rear row) might not be even relevant to you. E.g. Alto has a two star rating and has sold 1 lakh units by July'23. But the most accidents I see on road is due to high speed or drink and drive with luxury cars.

TATA is definitely making safer cars and inspiring others to do so but lack in other places like engine refinement, quality issues and aftersales service which I feed is critical as well.

Happy hunting
Old 28th August 2023, 00:04   #142
BHPian

Re: Which C-SUV to buy? Nexon vs Brezza

I wouldn’t touch CRETA/SELTOS with a 10-ft Stick, if Safety was a relevant factor. Same goes for Venue/Sonet.
Ride quality, engine power, interior: they are good, likely ahead of these Brezza/Nexon. But that’s where the buck ends. Since you already have an Urban Cruiser in your garage, I would look at Nexon as a viable option. Fresh line-up is on the way too.
If Bling is not your primary goal, I would also consider Elevate V/VX (a bit stretch on what I anticipate is a budget of 10-12 Lacs). It is a worthwhile replacement to your (hopefully) reliable Punto.
Also, why not consider the Fronx 1.0 Turbo MT or XUV300?

Last edited by SixPistons : 28th August 2023 at 00:06.
Old 29th August 2023, 12:40   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post

Assuming you are going to get a petrol -> manual transmission then the you can start with

Test drive Creta/Seltos and Brezza on same day. It will be easier to decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
If Bling is not your primary goal, I would also consider Elevate V/VX (a bit stretch on what I anticipate is a budget of 10-12 Lacs). It is a worthwhile replacement to your (hopefully) reliable Punto.
Also, why not consider the Fronx 1.0 Turbo MT or XUV300?
Yes, I am looking at petrol manuals.

I am not planning to go to the higher segment as I don't need more size, which is why these were not considered.
The only car I would think of is the Kia Seltos because it looks great; but the bad safety history is keeping me away. Has that improved?

Elevate - It's a new launch, will strech budget and so far every review seems to be not impressive.

Fronx- Not considered as on Baleno platform, seems expensive for what it is.

XuV300 - Was ruled out by parents as sales advisor told us the economy is 9-10 kmpl which they found unacceptable.

Is it worth waiting for Nexon facelift since there seem to be no discounts on the current version?
The news suggests that the facelift going to be significantly more expensive, should I look at Brezza instead?
The fact that we already have a Urban Cruiser is making me reluctant to get practically the same car again.

Most Viewed