Toyota Urban Cruiser 13 4.44%
Mahindra XUV300 14 4.78%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 0.34%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 21:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 vs Tata Punch vs Nissan Magnite vs Renault Kiger vs Others

For MT, it would definitely be the XUV300 simply for the driving dynamics. The Nexon would be a close second. If it is the AT, then the Venue / Sonet
Old 17th August 2022, 15:00   #17
BHPian

For the looks, safety, handling, ride and engine combo, in one vehicle, I choose Citroen C3. I feel, too many vehicles are there in the group which are not essentially similar iwith respect to each other. Nexon is full 4 metre in length while C3, Punch are a size smaller. Prices also vary considerably. With the above constraints taking everything into account, I choose Citroen C3.

Regards
Old 17th August 2022, 19:14   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'd skip that entire poll list & go for the Altroz Diesel instead! I know for sure. If it was on sale back in 2019 - I'd have bought that over the Nexon for sure.
That's some conviction!
I'm curious why you would choose the Altroz over Nexon diesel/poll list?
I'm under the impression that Nexon is more premium and placed higher than the Altroz in the TATA lineup.
Old 25th September 2022, 01:01   #19

My first car - conundrum! Ford Ecosport (2015) vs Nissan Magnite (2022) - guidance requested.

Dear All,*

Before I begin my post, allow me to preface this note by saying how I enjoy reading posts on this community, the passion and devotion for automobiles. It's just inspiring*and beautiful to read through. I truly commend the forum community for being supportive to each other and for the leaders / moderators for creating and maintaining such a fantastic safe, healthy and engaging community. Hats off guys!*

Now onto my issue for which I seek guidance from the many vastly more experienced members here than me.*

I'm in the process of buying my first car. For one reason or the other I have not been able to do so thus far, but now at the prime age of 37 I am a few days away from getting my driving licence. Since I am still getting familiar with the road, I decided to opt for a 2nd hand car so that I could gain some experience over*the next 6 months - 1 year before upgrading. I have a budget of approx 15Lac in mind. However, instead of going all out I was looking to first start by buying a 2nd hand car between 5-6Lacs and upgrading later, once i feel more confident and experienced on the road. I want a manual car as i want to learn the right way.
I am 6ft tall and work keeps me in Delhi. My needs are very simple. I was looking for a safe and sturdy car for family basic usage*within the city, not planning to go on any long rides, safety*being a key factor. After testing a few cars within my budget range from various 2nd hand car companies, I fell in love with a 2015 Ford Ecosport Diesel TDCI. It had 79k Km but it just "felt great" I got the car for 5.4Lac. I paid for the car in full upfront. On the very first day after it was delivered, there was heavy rainfall and there appeared to be a small but clear water leakage issue. Also the car company messed up and offered*me a rear parking camera in the features on the website, but it wasn't*present in the car. A few experienced driver friends *tested the car and agreed that it felt good, but I was disturbed by the leakage issue and missing features, so I sent the car back to be checked. *

The car company was very helpful I must say and their staff dealing with me were all seemingly professional, patient and helpful. I am actually impressed. I also test drove a 2014 Petrol Ford Ecosport for 4.9Lac but i just didn't*feel connected to the car. So I stuck to my original choice, even though it was another 40-45k higher for me. To the credit of the car company, they agreed to honor the features mistakenly advertised and agreed they would place a rear view camera + screen in the car for no extra charge. Their mechanic also agreed there was a leakage issue and would fix it.*

So ...here comes the twist... yesterday, I was about to give my consent to go ahead with the changes in my Ecosport when suddenly last night, a 2022 Nissan Magnite with just 1500km driven went live on their site for approx 50k more than what i was paying for the 2015 Ecosport clocking 80,000km. The first buyer of the Magnite had also loaded the car with features like Android screen with navigation, car camera, music, youtube etc...Curious to see what a 2022 car would feel like, I booked the Magnite XE base version for a test drive today.*

I liked the drive. It was smooth and responsive, the outside look is impressive and the inside though seemed a little less roomy than Ford but not by much...*
Everyone i know (family and few friends) are suggesting that the obvious choice is to go with a 2022 virtually brand new Magnite rather than an 80,000km 7 year old Eco Sport... but my heart still has a soft spot for the Ford Ecosport (sigh!) even though my mind agrees that the Magnite makes more sense. Everyone is also warning me about Ford not being in India and after sale service issues.... The rebel in me wants to say Boo to everyone and go with the 2015 Ford. But the practical voice in me is forcing me to stop and seek advice and seriously consider the*2022*Magnite. Especially since the car is for family use.*

I have a couple of days to decide either way.*

Please guide me, good people of this vibrant community!*

*It's my first car. I will use a driver / trainer for the first 2-3 months to coach me, while I brush up on my driving** my priority is generic city use for a family. I live walking distance from my office. So minimal daily use. *Shopping / dropping my toddler to school etc (driving just for fun and pleasure i can work towards having in future)**city travel 95% - i don't*anticipate going on long drives anytime soon.

Thank you for reading through!*

With warmth and appreciation,
Old 16th February 2023, 16:23   #20
IFB
BANNED

Dear BHPians,

I am a new driver and learned to drive only a few months ago. With a budget of 14 lakhs OTR, I intend to purchase an SUV.

The key requirements are:
Petrol only
Automatic
Mileage: at least 15 km/l.
ADAS features (if available)
It is easier to drive in city traffic as well as on highways.
VFM

Please suggest the model with a variant that you think would be suitable.

Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:48   #21

Replacement for a Chevy Beat

Hello Team-bhp,

I have been an avid follower of this forum & this is going to be my first post here. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of the Team Bhp family.

I am an IT professional based out of a small town in Punjab & and my job requires me to travel to Chandigarh / Mohali (80 Km to & fro). Apart from the daily duties I have a tendency to use the car for highway runs of about 500 Km (up and down) over the weekends & the car is used on highways/expressways.

I am in the market looking for a replacement for my 10-year-old Chevrolet Beat (LS Diesel). The car has clocked 145000 km and has served me well over the last decade. It is a well-maintained car & is absolutely mechanically intact but the exterior has started to show its age. I would actually like to retain this car for local runs & am looking for a new car to serve the duties as a primary runner.

The new car would be required to serve a family of five and I am looking for a feature-rich safe car. It will be driven almost all the time by myself and most of the time (apart from the Weekend runs) I will be the single occupant in the car The other car in the family is Dezire Vdi (Used by my father). In terms of fuel economy, both the cars, Beat and Dezire have been pocket-friendly, which is also one aspect that I will be looking up to in the new car. Also If I can, I would love to have an automatic.

My budget for the new car is around 10 - 11 lacs. The cars that I have considered or have test-driven are:

1. Citroen C3 Turbo (Test Driven)
2. Fronx Zeta Plus Variant (Test driven Alpha Plus AMT)
3. Hyundai Exter SX-O Connect
4. Tata Punch
5. Baleno Alpha Variant
6. Brezza VXI

The questions that are clouding my mind are as follows:

1. Does it make any sense to go for CNG as all the above cars (except Citroen C3) have CNG variants?
If I go for the CNG variants I miss out on a couple of features like cruise control. Alloy wheels also do not make the list with the CNG variants. Although alloys can be added later. I actually prefer to keep my car as original as it can be and do not want it to be touched in the after-market.

2. Will it make any sense to consider Diesel Engines?
We have had a history of diesel cars in the family. It started with Indigo, followed by Indigo Ecs, Amaze, Dezire etc. I am used to driving torquey diesel engines with amazing fuel economies. In my budget, there might not be many options but the few that can be are:

1. Sonet Diesel HTE (comes with IMT)
2. Venue Diesel S Plus
3. Bolre Neo N8

3. Does it make sense to stretch your budget and consider the base model of the next segment of cars rather than choosing the top variant of the segment that is within your budget?

Now, Let me re-arrange the list of cars considered or test-driven:

1. Citroen C3 - Loved the way the car drives and well within the budget. Lacks a few features + no service center nearby. Also C3 aircross is around the corner. Shall I wait for the price reveal of C3 Aircross?

2. Fronx - The variant that fits into my budget is Zeta Plus. I test drove an Alpha Plus AMT. I did not like the AMT. Apart from that EVerything about the Fronx was a typical Maruti. Refreshing because of the way it looks. The Zeta Plus misses out on Cruise Control

3. Baleno Alpha - I have not test-driven it but the dealership is offering discounts on it and the price is coming about to be almost the same as the Fronx Zeta Plus. Baleno Alpha is fully loaded. Shall I consider this?

4. Hyundai Exter SX-O Connect - I have not test-driven it yet But love the package that it has to offer. This is a car that is right up there.

5. Tata Punch - I have not test-driven it. Wary of the Issues with the Tata cars & their Service. Only a team-bhp recommendation can make me walk into a Tata Dealership.

6. Brezza VXI or Exter SX-O??? Need your inputs on this.

7. Grand Vitara / Toyota Hyryder Base Models - Obviously I will have to stretch up my budget a bit. Shall I consider?

Do let me know of your thoughts and recommendations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks