Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What should I do with my Endeavour
Keep it, the engine displacement matters 129 46.74%
Sell it, you get a better engine after 4+ years 147 53.26%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 17:54   #31

re: Should I keep a Ford Endeavour 3.2L or let it go?

Hi,
You should consider selling it since firstly it would give you a better price now and secondly when you get back after 4plus years , it will not be in top shape or reliability since almost sitting idle for these many years. If you would want to sell it then, it’ll not get you a good price. You can pm me and share the asking price if you want.
Sanetrucker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:20   #32

This may sound absurd but neither keep nor sell.

Lease it to me in pune, we can arrive at terms like maintenance, insurance, rent & deposits. You get it back after 4 years once you’re back, I am in, if the vehicle is from Maharashtra. I own and maintain another ford so the maintenance part should not be a hassle.

Just my 2-Cents
warbug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:02   #33
BHPian

I would have put sell ad first and then put a poll in Team-BHP, just to check!
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:06   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for sell.

Right now, used car prices are good and Endeavour has not fully factored in the price drop due to Ford's exit. When you come back the vehicle will be harder to maintain as Ford's service commitment period will be over. You may have to look for independent garages to maintain the car with no guarantee on parts quality and service expertise.

Deposit the proceeds, net of buying a small Maruti in a good debt fund or corporate FD and you would see 40- 50% appreciation in 4 years. This will hedge you against price increases to buy a new car on your return.

Endeavour is not the most comfortable vehicle for elders, they will probably find it much easier to handle a Maruti hatchback it a used Honda Amaze auto.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:02   #35
BHPian

Voted for Sell,

My work keeps me out at sea for at least 6 months in a year. I leave my car with my parents/ wife when I am out. They run it for the bare minimum time to keep the battery charged, about 200 kilometres within the 6 months.

In 6 months - the care ages. It really ages. As soon as I get back, the car visits the service centre and the detailers to bring it back to it's actual age.

In 4 years, if the car is not used regularly, it will deteriorate into a very old car. The moment you get back and start using it, the upgrade bug will bite.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 20:23   #36

Hey Anumod, 3.2 Endeavour is indeed a gem and to let go of it would be a sad thing to do !

Practically speaking, Sell would a better option as the seconds market for Endeavour is at a premium currently. Also, being a tall vehicle, not sure how comfortable your parents would be (getting in-out) to use it that frequently.

Moreover if a BHPian is selling, one can (mostly) be rest assured about the upkeep of the vehicle.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2022 at 22:19. Reason: Endy - Endeavour
Aj_Pod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 22:24   #37
BHPian

Parents and the car will age in four years. Getting them a small automatic for city use or an Innova with a driver is a better deal. Sell the car.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 07:34   #38
BHPian

Keep it for a year and once you are settled down in your new place and you are sure that you are not coming back any soon, that's the time to sell. Sign the transfer papers before you go.

Four years later whatever you are worrying about today wouldn't even be relevant. The car industry would have moved on, market would have moved on and your wants an likes would have changed.

Car is a fast depreciating asset. In car form the value might halve in four years while in cash form, it would easily double. Say, if you sell it today for 20L investing in an MF would make it 40L by the time you are back - and you can buy a spanking new car. If you keep it the car will be worth less than 10L when you return.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th August 2022 at 09:03. Reason: Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 08:32   #39
BHPian

Re: Should I keep a Ford Endeavour 3.2L or let it go?

Thank you for all your valuable advice. And sorry for not updating the thread in a timely manner too. I might have not responded all the valuable suggestions and some personal messages too. I had very less time to plan and move to US. (It was less than a month). With work schedules and all the personal works, it was a crazy time.
Now coming to this point, I went with majority, I sold the car. The car was in company name (car lease), so a colleague took the car as a lease transfer. After I transfer it to him, I got some mouthwatering offers too. (Someone offered me up to 42 lakhs, just to let you all know the demand for the car).

Having all said that I will miss this car, for long time. The latest instance to it, once I came to US, I was given a Toyota Highlander V6 as the temporary car by the company. That is when I realized the supremacy of Endeavour. The highlander doesn't even give a good pickup (Even though it is a 3.5 Liter engine) and the NVH levels are pathetic (I and my wife were not able to hear each other, at a decent speed. The road noise was fully coming to the cabin). (All are baseline with Endeavour)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks