Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 15:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 23-lakh Skoda Kushaq vs 41-lakh VW Tiguan | Is it a fair comparison?

Back in 2018, we were in a similar dilemma. Mind was saying to go get that Creta Diesel AT, but the heart wanted more so whilst we saw the Creta, we also checked out the Tiguan, Kodiaq, Tucson, X1; and ended up getting home the Tiguan.

4 years & 35K happy kms later, I wouldn't ever think of going back.
In your case, between the Taigun / Kushaq the big benefits for the additional outlay:

1. Better build quality : The Tiguan being a CKD is definitely better built. I haven't heard half the rattles that even the recent face-lift Kodiaq owners are complaining about despite the fact that the car has traversed all types of surfaces : majority of the time in the pothole ravaged city of Mumbai. The way the car has held up just gives me confidence to hold on to it for longer.

2. Better performance & driving experience : The 2.0TSi is a gem, mated to a suspension that will flatten out highways!

3. Better reliability : None of the dry-clutch DSG gremlins

4. Practicality : growing children, boot full of storage, AWD, etc.

The additional outlay for the Tiguan was worth it as the car has not outgrown our needs and thus we see ourselves keeping it for that much longer!

That being said, given the current prices - I would probably look at the Tucson Diesel Base trim that comes with all the required bells and whistles (biggest miss being AWD compared to Tiguan IMO) which would be cheaper than the Tiguan to buy and run while offering a great overall experience as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks