Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 10:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Need a replacement for my VW Polo GT TSI - Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
If you can stretch your budget and get into the 25-30 L budget then the Octavia TSI is an option but then this is a whole new segment that you will have to start evaluating.
I thought of Octavia before entering this buying dilemma. But that is clearly out of my budget. Also, replacing Polo for poor service network and replacing it with Octavia won't solve the problem.
Old 4th September 2022, 11:07   #32
BHPian

Thank you respected BHPians for your well thought suggestions. After spending many sleepless nights pondering over the replies to this thread, I came to a conclusion that Sonet diesel AT is the most preferred option. But, the main reason I am replacing my GT TSI is due to poor service network coverage of VW in Tier 2 and 3 cities ( where I am/will be posted) and the tension due to potential failure of DQ 200 gear box. Kia is also not having that wise service network in these areas. Also, a hatchback would do the job as I am already having a full sized SUV in my garage.
So, I have made a logical compromise with safety, driving pleasure, dynamics vs. Service network availability and ease of maintenance.
I have decided to go with i20 n line N8 DCT in Thunder Blue color.
DrivingNirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:48   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
I have decided to go with i20 n line N8 DCT in Thunder Blue color.
Like you mentioned you are in T2/T3 cities, i would advise not to go in for the Korean Twins DCT gearbox. It is relatively new for our country and is still quite notorious, though less than the DQ200.

For the city/cities that you live in or frequently commute to, the only logical AT Tranny that makes sense is Torque Converter; else manual.
singh.b86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:06   #34
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If you are indeed going for the Hyundai i20 DCT, which I personally feel is a good choice, I would recommend that you get the maximum extended warranty.
Hyundai provides up to 7 years of extended warranty, get it and you are good to go even if any issues arise, it is better to be safe than sorry, the upfront cost is worth it in my opinion and you would have the peace of mind that you are covered for at least 7 years.
Enjoy your ride and happy miles!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Hyundai provides up to 7 years of extended warranty, get it and you are good to go even if any issues arise,
Yes, I will go for the 7 years of extended warranty.
Old 26th June 2023, 01:44   #36
BHPian

Fellow bhpians,

I'm also on the lookout for a worthy upgrade for my polo gt tsi (2016). I have shortlisted Trigun gt plus; however, the missing features and the interior quality are a bit of a letdown.

My budget is 27 lakhs OTR.

Kushaq's design isn't to my liking.

Jeep Compass diesel AT is out of my budget.

Please suggest any good alternatives or your recommendation.
Old 26th June 2023, 05:09   #37
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa3326 View Post
Fellow bhpians,

I'm also on the lookout for a worthy upgrade for my polo gt tsi (2016). I have shortlisted Trigun gt plus; however, the missing features and the interior quality are a bit of a letdown.

I would say if you are fine with the mediocre safety rating, the upcoming Kia Seltos GT-Line with 1.5 Turbo Petrol DCT could be a good option for you, with all the bells and whistles including ADAS, and it should cost under 27 lakhs OTR too, considering the current one doesn't cost more than 24 lakhs OTR, Kerala. The launch is just a few days away, the 4th of July and dealerships have started accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount of Rs. 25,000. Do check it out once it arrives at the showrooms.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 08:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa3326 View Post
Fellow bhpians,

Look for a low mileage Polo GTI or German Luxury Cars. These will only be the "worthy" upgrade to a Polo GT TSI. Newer cars will be a compromise unless you stretch your budget and go for Jeep. Best of luck and do let us know which car you chose.
Old 26th June 2023, 12:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I would say if you are fine with the mediocre safety rating, the upcoming Kia Seltos GT-Line with 1.5 Turbo Petrol DCT could be a good option for you, with all the bells and whistles including ADAS, and it should cost under 27 lakhs OTR too, considering the current one doesn't cost more than 24 lakhs OTR, Kerala. The launch is just a few days away, the 4th of July and dealerships have started accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount of Rs. 25,000. Do check it out once it arrives at the showrooms.
The Kia Seltos looks great and it offers a plethora of features; however, safety is a concern for me. So, I won't be opting for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Look for a low mileage Polo GTI or German Luxury Cars. These will only be the "worthy" upgrade to a Polo GT TSI. Newer cars will be a compromise unless you stretch your budget and go for Jeep. Best of luck and do let us know which car you chose.
A well maintained GTI with low kms on the odo is extremely hard to find and it'd be gone in no time once it appears in the market. Otherwise, that would have been a worthy upgrade.

I did consider t-roc as well, I wasn't planning to upgrade when t-roc was launched. Otherwise, I would have bought it. I did drive a pre-owned t-roc that was available in the market. Everything seemed upmarket for me, the only things that I didn't like was the cramped rear legroom and the suspension was a bit more stiffer compared to my gt tsi. So, I'm looking for something that's fun to drive (better than my gt tsi) and something that doesn't jump around in small potholes considering the road conditions in Kerala.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks