Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 20:36   #1

What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?

Looking at the exorbitant prices on used ford endeavours in the market, especially the BS6 10 speed ones, do you think it is worth buying a car from a manufacturer which isn't here in india for 30+ Lakh rupees? How do you think the value of these vehicles will hold up in the upcoming years?
Peet Stop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?

Although I'm a huge fan of the 2nd-gen Endeavour, I wouldn't recommend buying a used one for 30+ big ones. 3 million rupees can get you some great SUVs / MPVs from manufacturers that will stay around. There are enough Endeavours on the road to ensure part & service support for a couple of years, but I do foresee challenges after 3 - 5 years. The resale will also drop off a cliff around that timeframe. God help you if something as complex as that 10-speed AT has an issue.

Too many good cars (new & used) around from OEMs who have a solid footing in India. Look at them instead (Fortuner, Carnival, Kodiaq, XUV700, new Tucson, Alturas etc.).

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th August 2022 at 12:57.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peet Stop View Post
Looking at the exorbitant prices on used ford endeavours in the market, especially the BS6 10 speed ones, do you think it is worth buying a car from a manufacturer which isn't here in india for 30+ Lakh rupees?
As much as I love the Endeavour, it is simply not worth its while buying one at the kind of asking prices prevailing in the used car market currently. At the end of the day, not only is the product discontinued but also the parent company has left the country. A pre-owned Endeavour would be a great buy 4-5 years down the line when ramifications of Ford leaving the country would be more explicit, resulting in asking prices settling down to more realistic levels, something similar to what is seen for Mitsubishi Pajero SFX/Sport.
cool_dube is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I will not recommend touching a pre owned Endeavour today. Between regulatory uncertainty on diesels, it’s complex mechanicals and electronics and the parent company itself shutting down, it is too big a risk at these prices. What will you do if there is some issue with the drivetrain or the gearbox? The asking prices for cars like this is a bubble that is due for bursting.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:13   #5
BHPian

Not sure what is the root cause behind such a big inflation of figures in the pre-owned market but I can assure you that 30 lakhs for an Endeavour is not worth it and like any other car the value will drop in the coming years, especially considering the fact that Ford in no longer in India.

For 30 lakhs as GTO suggested, you can get a much better new or pre-owned vehicle and I would take that option too!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:37   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

30L is way too steep, even if it is a BS6.
I'd say wait it out a bit and you'll see the price crash.

Or if you absolutely cannot wait, you can go for BS4 3.2L or a 2017-18 Fortuner 4x4.
Both 3.2 and 2.8 are nice engines and will plaster a smile on your face when you put your foot down. Can't say the same for the 2.0.
vredesbyrd is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:43   #7
BHPian

Although, Endeavour is a awesome SUV but my big no for it now. Simple reason is Ford’s exit from India. Endeavour has approved its reliability and earned big fan following (including me) all over these years but spending 30+ big ones on a SUV who’s manufacture no longer sell cars in India, I’m sorry but I’ll stay away. Better to look for Fortuner by spending some extra money if you want a used 1. If you don’t need a 4x4/AWD equipped vehicle, get a new Innova. Even a new Safari, Carnival will work out better than a used Endeavour now.
Bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:44   #8
BHPian

Though I have 2 Ford's at home, I'd not suggest the Endeavor at the moment because of its complex electronic nature and Ford has shut shop. EcoSport is at least more accessible in terms of mechanical parts and serviceability whereas only a handful of garages outside of Ford can handle Endeavor.

You can get used Bimmer(X3, X5, X6)/Audi(Q5)/Mercedes SUVs for this price. Even Skoda Kodiaq is a good contender. On the other end you can get a Crysta or a used Fortuner or a new XUV700.

Good luck!

Last edited by jithin23 : 28th August 2022 at 11:45.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

What will be the forum's advice to existing Endeavour owners? I have one bought in 2018 December; about 32K on odo. Should I sell? It was a dream car for me and I still haven't grown tired of driving it; but I'm also pragmatic.
Old 28th August 2022, 15:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What will be the forum's advice to existing Endeavour owners? I have one bought in 2018 December; about 32K on odo. Should I sell? It was a dream car for me and I still haven't grown tired of driving it; but I'm also pragmatic.
It depends, if you are too concerned about resale value, this is the best time to sell. But if you want to keep it, as one of us mentioned here, the resale trajectory will be similar to the Pajero Sport. Don't sell it in next 2-3 years, you won't get good value for 60k run 6-7 years old car. Instead sell it after it crosses 8-9 years or before it crosses 100k kms (after crossing 1 lakh kms mark resale goes down drastically, doesn't apply to Toyota though). You may get 14-15 lakhs or half the value of today's price, considering inflation.

All in all try to use it as much as possible, take it everywhere, enjoy it to the hilt, tick all your boxes of all India travel, if you wish to. A low mileage 8-10 years old discontinued car will hardly fetch better resale value. Bottom line, the more you use, the faster you sell, better the resale value.
zulfi hansi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 15:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
First, I love the Endy. IMO, it is a better car than the Toyota and anything out there currently in that price range claiming to be a full blown SUV. If you like driving the car, keep driving it. Looking at the car's current popularity, it is safe to assume that for the next 4-5 years, there should not be an issue with parts availability.

On the other hand, if you want to sell it, I feel that there is no better time than now to sell an Endy. The used car market for an Endeavour that has done 30000 km is super hot. If your car is well maintained, you can expect extremely good rates for your car - which may not be the case 6 months or a year from now. I know of people purchasing Endeavours at 32L+ for a non 4X4 variant. If you want to sell, decide on a rate that you want to sell at, use OLX and quote 2L higher for negotiations. You will be surprised at the number of people who show interest in the car.
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 19:33   #12

Thank you guys, your reply brought me out of the buying mania I was caught up in. I wanted to buy an Endeavour for a few years now and I wasn't sure about buying a 40+ lakh car in the middle of a pandemic, when the future of our markets were seemingly choppy, but after Ford announced their exit, I was mad I didn't go for it and got caught up into buying an almost new Endeavour. I caught "the bug" I think.

Usually I would have thought out the problems I would face down the road, like when I bought my 2017 VW Jetta in 2018 for almost half it's original price, I made sure to buy the 5 year 125,000 Kms extended warranty which saved me more than the 1.5 lakhs it cost me. I did my homework before i bought the jetta back then but somehow I got tunnel vision this time with the endeavour, Scary.

In hindsight me getting caught up into this was a good thing. Why? Because it led me to create my first thread on
Team BHP after being a lurker for so long and the thread made it to the homepage + getting replies from GTO ( I almost used an emoji here ) and other awesome members is the cherry on top.
Peet Stop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:00   #13
BHPian

Well I have 30 lakhs, give me a SUV which can replace my 3.2L Endeavour.
What I mean to say that while we are saying a big no to buying a pre-worshipped Endeavour for 30 lakhs but we are not suggesting options which can give similar benefit in the price range.
The resale value of Endeavour has gone up due to scarcity of options, long waiting period and practically no discount.
Also there are many companies which are staring at fate similar to Ford so don’t bank on them. Down the line I see only Indian companies except Hyundai and Suzuki remaining dominant player in mass market. Thanks to unfavourable policies and high fuel standards.

Last edited by Wanderers : 30th August 2022 at 22:05.
Old 2nd September 2022, 01:19   #14
BHPian

Hi Peet Stop

I was in a similar dilemma after selling my A6 recently, but contrary to everyone’s opinion here. I did buy a 2019 3.2 Endeavour. It took me 5-6 months of search across the country to find the right car. Well to give it you straight, it's a lovely car and there is practically no car that matches the drivability and feel off the car. Also there are no good body on frame butch SUV available in the same price band.

Fortuner’s ride is really harsh and it costs well above half a crore rupees. Alturas is a good package but strictly average car to drive. My suggestion would be to follow your heart and buy the Endeavour, not the 2.0 but the 3.2. It’s heart over head kind of decision.

Like we always say here on T-BHP “Love cars live cars”. Ford service is still top notch. Spend the 30 large ones and enjoy the car for a long time. I personally feel the resale would remain decent as the car would become really rare due to non availability.

Attaching some images of my car for eye Candy.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?-683152e682f34af5989fa575cc6dbf88.jpeg  

What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?-f862d91b24ae42f9a357cac04a5bf791.jpeg  

What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?-d61ccf17e36d4f99a92b9d12a2258dc5.jpeg  

What do you think about buying a used Ford Endeavour in 2022?-4d9ea9cf3ed24e8fbbd5486c88bf2e0b.jpeg  

Last edited by musclecar : 2nd September 2022 at 01:32.
musclecar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:07   #15

Ola fellow auto freaks!
This is my first post.
Im looking forward to by a new car. Im not particular about it being a 7 or 5-seater. Seven seaters are helpful when family or friends ride along or extra luggage space is required. The primary use is within the city with monthly highway drives. Already own a 2015 Ciaz Zxi, 2019 i20 Asta.(and hence more tilted towards a SUV).

I have an opportunity to by the following pre owned cars. A bit confused. And need guidance and inputs.

A. 2016 Endevour 2.2 L trend
19L demand

B. 2016 Endevour 3.2 titanium
23L demand

C. 2017 Superb L&K (2nd owner)
14L demand

All seem to be in decent shape. Trying to get a showroom visit with these cars to get them tested/analyzed.
Unfortunately, im comfortable in spending 16-17L right now and the suv becomes over and above the budget.

1. What may be the better out of the lot in this situation.
2. Is the 2.2 Endeavour underpowered?
3. Worth buying the Endeavour now? I have read the above comments, but at this price point?)
3. Is it costly to maintain the 5+ year old superb?

Thanks for all your help
Cheers!!

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th June 2023 at 09:46. Reason: Proof read before posting.
Manumaniac is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks