Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 18:33   #1
BHPian

Keep or sell my BMW X1 xDrive M-Sport? Which to buy if I sell?

Dear BHPians,
I have enjoyed my BMW X1 X Drive 20d M Sport for 5 years. I have recently bought a new BMW 530d M sport. As my X1is 5 years old and done just over 30K km I was looking to replace it. I am in a dilemma as the car is in mint condition and had X Drive (which is no longer available) I was looking to go for an X3 or X4 ? I am getting good value for it from BMW KUN dealer. Any other SUV you folks suggest?
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.
Bets regards
XDriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 11:01   #2
BHPian

re: Keep or sell my BMW X1 xDrive M-Sport? Which to buy if I sell?

Since you have the 530d M at home, why could you not wait for the new X1 if it is an option
Old 6th September 2022, 10:28   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Keep or sell my BMW X1 xDrive M-Sport? Which to buy if I sell?

The market is crazy right now, but unless you are getting an irresistible resale price, I would suggest holding onto your X1. It's just 5-years old and has merely 30,000 km on it. Internationally, these cars run 100,000 - 200,000 km before owners look at replacements. And for your speed or pleasure fix, you already have a new 530d M-Sport.

Would recommend retaining the X1. It's got AWD too which is a USP.

I see from your intro thread that the X1 is your daily driver. When it's time to replace, don't get another BMW as too many things will feel largely similar to your 530d. I would consider a luxury crossover from other premium marques. In fact, since you also have a Seltos turbo-petrol, you should add something different to your garage. Like a Kia EV6 / Hyundai Ioniq5, Volvo XC40 Recharge or one of the many 50 - 90 lakh EVs coming soon to Indian shores. Nothing beats a fast EV for daily driving duties and nothing beats a 3-car garage with the variety of a turbo-petrol, turbo-diesel & electric power.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The market is crazy right now, but unless you are getting an irresistible resale price, I would suggest holding onto your X1. It's just 5-years old and has merely 30,000 km on it. Internationally, these cars run 100,000 - 200,000 km before owners look at replacements. And for your speed or pleasure fix, you already have a new 530d M-Sport.

Would recommend retaining the X1. It's got AWD too which is a USP.

I see from your intro thread that the X1 is your daily driver. When it's time to replace, don't get another BMW as too many things will feel largely similar to your 530d. I would consider a luxury crossover from other premium marques. In fact, since you also have a Seltos turbo-petrol, you should add something different to your garage. Like a Kia EV6 / Hyundai Ioniq5, Volvo XC40 Recharge or one of the many 50 - 90 lakh EVs coming soon to Indian shores. Nothing beats a fast EV for daily driving duties and nothing beats a 3-car garage with the variety of a turbo-petrol, turbo-diesel & electric power.
Thank you GTO. Very helpful suggestions indeed. Yes I will look at EVs keenly. I will retain the X1 for some moretime and will test those EVs in future as they become available. I checked out the i4 in person. Good car but low ground clearance is a major issue. And that front end was not very pleasant to look at
XDriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:36   #5
BHPian

Hey @Xdriver, just curious though I may not be able to afford it at the current period. I am looking actively for a used 3 or x1 and am based out of Hyderabad. Could you help answer my following questions?

1) Can you help me understand how the ownership experience has been in Hyderabad? Maintenance, reliability issues etc?

2) Since you had the thought, how were you planning to sell the car? Deal route vs classifieds?

3) An approximate value of the car you had in mind?

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2022, 22:49   #6
BHPian

Hi Ishallownabmw,
To answer you question,
I have been overall very happy with the dealer and workshop experience of KUN BMW Hyd. Car is very reliable and with reasonable maintenance costs.
I just tried with the dealer as I was not sure of selling.
I was expecting around 28-29L.
Cheers
XDriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 02:10   #7
BHPian

I agree with @GTO completely on this one. If the car is well maintained, keep it. The monsoons in Hyderabad are tough. We on a daily basis are hearing stories about BMW, Merc, Audi, being flooded (Sedans, SUV). Better a SUV than a sedan. We aren't protected by consumer laws. Think twice before purchasing a Sedan. I presently own a 2012 320D as a third owner and am "SHIT" scared to take it out during Hyderabad rains. The pleasure doesn't balance the fear only during monsoons. " ONLY MONSOONS" you have a machine capable of handing the monsoons and giving you pleasure. Ask for a premium. There is a shortage of AWD, and BMW diesels. You're the kingmaker here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks