Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu V-Cross 4x4 | Manual or Automatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_tourer View Post
Yes, this is true that the current version VCross is the old model compared to the International market. I too booked Hilux on 1st day of booking but had to cancel after price reveal. Toyota is really playing the game monoploy.

I am still researching the hardtop for the cargo bed. It is really frustrating to check on different options that too overpriced.
Count this as a blessing. With how things are going for big Diesels around the world and the uncertainties it has created in the market I am convinced that Toyota is not as half serious about the Hilux as they were when they launched it and so there is no news about it now. So in the long term with lesser number of Hiluxes sold than the VCross you could imagine how the parts (that are not shared with Fortuner) availability and pricing would be.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 18:20   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Count this as a blessing. With how things are going for big Diesels around the world and the uncertainties it has created in the market I am convinced that Toyota is not as half serious about the Hilux as they were when they launched it and so there is no news about it now. So in the long term with lesser number of Hiluxes sold than the VCross you could imagine how the parts (that are not shared with Fortuner) availability and pricing would be.
Yes, keeping all these things in mind I am not able to make the decision on spending 35-36 Lakh on VCross. Hilux launch didn't work in India as they expected and hyped.

5 door Gurkha or Thar would make a better choice if I can make myself wait till next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Now, to your question, here are some suggestions.
Thank you Shankar for your suggestions. You have just read all my thoughts which I have been going through for the last few months. It is really a matter of heart vs mind. My heart says "to go for it" while my mind reminds me to be sensible in my decision and not spend money on non-practical day2day vehicle.

I think I should wait for 5-door Thar till next year which would be more practical for our family and travel time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Like the Gypsy, the pick-ups can be a fad. Agreed there is a certain aura around these, but these are not for everyone. And you will still require a small second car for city use. Think, think, think - and re-think before you put in your money.
Thank you Condor for your suggestions. I am now relieved after all your suggestions that I should look for some better and more practical option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you are a couple or alone mostly, consider a Thar with a soft top and see if you can use the rear portion for your stuff by removing the rear seats. I haven't seen anything like that, but it should be doable to make Thar with side-facing seats or have the arrangement to remove/ fix rear seats quickly as required.
Thank you Turbanator for your suggestions. I am really thinking again about my decision to buy VCross which is not a day-2-day practical vehicle for 3 members. Current 3-door Thar does not work for us on the space front, waiting for 5 door Thar makes more sense now. I have understood again "When in doubt, discuss with others."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
If you go for the AT your left leg would thank you no end, that depends on whether this is going to be your only car or do you have other cars in your garage. But a more than 5 mtrs long around 2 mtrs wide car with a heavy steering can be cumbersome in city traffic coupled with a MT will make it a literal "chore" in traffic. That said Creta and V Cross are as different as 'chalk' and 'cheese'. Pickups don't sell in India for a reason, choose wisely.
Thank you Durango Dude! I have decided to rethink on my option for buying VCross.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2022 at 19:21. Reason: Merged back to back posts; quoted text trimmed
Old 20th February 2023, 16:06   #18

Re: Isuzu V-Cross 4x4 | Manual or Automatic?

Finally, I have booked Scorpio-N after all your suggestions and feedback. Isuzu Vcross was still in my mind but deep in my heart I knew that it wouldn't be a practical choice.
Had to take a burn of Rs.10K of canceling charges for listening to heart😁

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks