Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:35   #1
Mav
BHPian

Finalised Safari Dicor - few queries

I am few days away from buying my Tata Safari Dicor and have been following this forum past one month. Its been good to see so many Safari lovers here

I got a list (biggish) of queries -

a) I am getting cash discount of 15000 on Dicor LX model, however I re-negotiated it to roof mounted A/C. Is it a good deal? What are the current discounts on safari dicor in NCR region?

b) LX does not have rear defogger and wiper as standard accessory and one of the guy from dealership told me that it is very rare that you get rear defogger installation correct as an after market fitments. Even if I get the defogger done from the dealership, according to him, the glass is very difficult to re-fit again on the back door. Can anyone throw some light on this? Also dealership does not provide any warranty on the OEM defogger fitted to a LX model.

c) I am planning to get Michelin Synchrone 4X4 255/65/R16. Can any one suggest some good shop in and around Noida to exchange OEM tyres and one which can give good deal? Also it will be great if any one gives me some idea of the tyre price (Synchrones - OEM's).

d)I need few suggestions on the Alloys also.

waiting for your replies ....
Old 4th July 2007, 06:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of Threads on the Dicor.. Go through them for the various deals that members have got while buying the safari..

1. Roof mounted AC alone costs 30G and you are getting additional 15G discount.. This is a good bargain.
2. The rear glass of Safari is indeed difficult to fit.. I guess it is Glued on.Its not like the standard front windsheilds.
3. As per the reports of Safari Owners.. Michelins are good.. Go for it..I guess members from Delhi will be able to help you on the shops.

Godfather
Old 4th July 2007, 09:26   #3
Mav
BHPian

@ Godfather - u think it wouldn't be wise to get a defogger added as rear glass might become a permanent niggle. IMO defogger is so very essential espcly in winters and rains in Delhi. How do u manage without one during rains and winters?
I might have to go for EX and spend xtra lac for such a small thing :(
Old 4th July 2007, 23:39   #4
Mav
BHPian

Any members from ncr please .... can some one guide me on tyre prices and best place to get them.
Thanx!
Old 5th July 2007, 00:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Synchrones are good tyres, I had experienced them on Steeroid's Safari recently & they do perform rather well. If you want to learn about their prices & exchange rates for your stock tyres you can call up "The Tyre Plaza" (located at Lajpat Nagar) at 29810203 and ask for Mr. Anoop. Tell him you're a friend of Ishan's & he would be able to help you out.

If you need any more help feel free to PM me.
Old 5th July 2007, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Hey Godfather. Not sure who gave you this information and no offenses but the Roof Mounted AC from TATA (OEM Fitment) costs Rs 17000 here. And if you ask them further they give you 5 to 10% discount. Considering this I guess though it is not much of a benefit in extra that our friend MAV is getting....
Old 5th July 2007, 11:46   #7
BHPian

And on another note, MAV. Agreed that LX does not have a rear defogger but it does have a REAR Wiper as standard fitment. I have an LX and it does have it. I guess Godfather also has LX and he should also have rear wiper in his beast....

My Advise: do not for rear defogger aftermarket fitment...its no good
Old 5th July 2007, 12:11   #8
Mav
BHPian

Thanks Rajeev for the info on defogger, I think its better not to meddle with rear glass. I asked the price of roof mounted A/C and was quoted 22500 but now I guess I should confirm this from the other dealers also.
btw ... I am also going for light gold dicor ... cant wait
Old 7th July 2007, 08:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hey Godfather. Not sure who gave you this information and no offenses but the Roof Mounted AC from TATA (OEM Fitment) costs Rs 17000 here.
This was the Quote given to me in Bangalore.. Hmmm Thats a huge price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
. I guess Godfather also has LX and he should also have rear wiper in his beast....

My Advise: do not for rear defogger aftermarket fitment...its no good
Yeah.. Rear wiper is standard on Safari.

Godfather
Old 7th July 2007, 09:25   #10
Mav
BHPian

In Noida roof mounted AC was quoted as 22500. Are not their any standard rates for OEM accessories across the country, maybe taxes differ. But here we are talking about variation of 17000-30000 (~50%). Does TATA have any online std equipment price list? Can dealer sell OEM accessory for more than the price list?

Most Viewed