Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 07:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel or 4x2 AT Petrol?

Why a Fortuner for a 65 years old? Sorry for the rude question but i believe your dad must be physiologically much younger but for how long? Toyota cars don’t age but we human beings do.
I believe fortuner is a terrible choice for 65 years old. If it’s a petrol vs diesel debate, why is a hybrid not being considered. I believe you must change the booking to Innova Hycross. It’s will keep everyone happy.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 23:01   #17
BHPian

As a lot of other members have suggested, I'd like you to atleast show the pictures of new Innova Hycross to your dad and try to make him understand that it has an equal butch SUV appearance and is much more comfortable as well.

Try to tell him that it has way more features and is latest in the market whereas the Fortuner would get outdated pretty soon. Give hin all the points in favour of Hycross but not by saying that you are old instead by telling that new gen Innova would be more preferred by youngsters also due to it having all the bells and whistles. (Especially talk about the Ottoman seats)

I really think that he'll understand if adviced this way! Thanks.
Dr.Car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 23:41   #18
BHPian

Owner of the thread is showing as banned so I doubt he can reply to any posts and can probably read only the comments.

Whatever your Dad wants let him get, ultimately its his money and decision to make. Either ways you will get a Fortuner to drive. Petrol is not bad just ask petrol owners.

However if you can get the booking changed then go for Diesel or go for some other car.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 01:38   #19

Sorry for getting personal (because this thread has become one), it seems there is some communication gap between you and your father. Do not dictate him what to do, but try to explain various aspects of this issue and then leave it up to him.

Also, it may be possible that he is buying this car for you (he is thinking strategically), but for him you are still a small child (mera bachcha), hence he is acting autharatively.
deepaksarch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 01:04   #20
BHPian

Sorry about the delay but we ended up buying the 4x4 AT in phantom brown colour about six months ago. The car is an absolute delight to drive although mom complains about the ride being a little fidgety on rough patches. Dad is quite happy with the car as he usually occupies the front seat and has no complains about the ride quality.My sister also feels that the ride qualtiy could have been a little more comfortable than what it is.

Me on the other hand is absolutely loving this car. The car looks sleek with just the right amount of chrome . The steering is on the heavier side but nothing you cannot handle and get used to. I got used to the steering in a couple of hours after taking delivery of the car . The car feels powerful to drive and although it is a big SUV, manouvering around the city doesn’t seem that much harder. Overtaking is just effortless both on city and highways . The engine does get loud when you floor it but I dont mind the sound because of the way the car pulls. There are enough information on the car on this forum so I dont need to repeat engine specifications, features, etc but will definitely give a Likes and Dislikes list.
2. Powerful engine
3. Great offroad capability(Have engaged4Lo on1-2 occasions)
4. Great Toyota Sales and aftesales services

Dislikes:
1. Could have more features(and no not talking about sunroof but instead ADAS, adaptive cruise control, etc)
2. Ride is a bit Jiggly on bad patches of road
3. sound quality from the infotainment system is mediocre at best (The JBL unit was dropped due to cost cutting
4. Spare wheel is smaller in size (again , cost cutting)
Attaching some pictures of the car.Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel or 4x2 AT Petrol?-c43c2da35ba740f1ada8081a5d4173be.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel or 4x2 AT Petrol?-img_1637.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel or 4x2 AT Petrol?-img_0822.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel or 4x2 AT Petrol?-70d1ec8d037943478f13d45f142a136e.jpeg  

Gorkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 20:04   #21
BHPian

At the risk of being trolled, I would vouch for Toyota Fortuner AT 4x2 petrol. Part of the reason is I am based out of Delhi and being a Fortuner fan, didn’t want to be in a situation where I may have to part with it in 10 years because that’s when the Fortuner matures and grows on you. I never felt any low power driving it in city or highways - I cruise between 50-60 kmph range in city limits owing to speed cams and have even done 120 kmph occasionally on highways ( and usually 100 kmph). I considered 4x4 a waste for my purposes - I would never have the heart to put my 40L vehicle through the grind where there are chances of damages. I would rather use myThar for that, which is relatively cheaper to repair in case of any damages. Insofar as getting into Fortuner is concerned, my mother is 70 years of short height and she never complained of being in any discomfort. I have ferried five people at cruising speed of 100 kmph and also through treacherous roads of Ramban during my Srinagar visit without feeling any loss of power, so the engine is powerful enough to go through whatever you put it through. For me, “suv means diesel” is a myth owing to our “kitna deti hai” bent of mind in my opinion. I simply see it in terms of a cost analysis based on usage+maintenance cost (higher for diesels in my opinion) vs the on road cost difference in petrol and diesel model. If the average running is high, diesel may be justifiable but for an average running, I am not sure if one actually even achieves break-even.

Having said that, one should always go by the heart in case of cars that’s what I feel as it’s probably going to stay with you for good number of years and your car is your soul (and that’s why we are on Team BHP). Congratulations for your Fortuner.it is a decision you will be proud of in the times to come! Happy mile crunching.
Car-riedAway is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks