Tata Safari 15 3.61%
MG Hector Plus 1 0.24%
Others (please specify in your post) 4 0.96%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 21:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross vs Mahindra XUV700 vs Kia Carnival vs Others

Voted for others. I have voted for the old innova crysta as it is officially still on sale. As compared to the price of others in the list, crysta feels more VFM even better than hycross in my opinion sans the new features
superchamp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 22:27   #17
BHPian

The Toyota Innova Hycross may have the reputation for reliability that comes with the Toyota badge, but when it comes to bang for your buck, the Mahindra XUV 700 takes the cake. This bad boy is priced significantly cheaper than the Innova and is a true value for money proposition. And when the Kia Carens facelift drops, I can guarantee that it'll be priced even higher than the Innova, making it unattainable for those on a budget of 30L. Honestly, I can't even consider other brands for various reasons. Right now, I have my sights set on the XUV700 AX7 diesel AT and I'm counting down the days until I can get my hands on it.
Old 12th January 2023, 01:20   #18
BHPian

Voted for the Hycross. It’s becoming clearer that spending big bucks for a large diesel is a risk , due to tighter norms, irrational legislations and super high prices. The safe thing is to go Hybrid where the city mileage is taken care of at not so high premium over the diesel.
Old 12th January 2023, 07:34   #19

Can’t vote.

My vote goes to Hycross.

When I am buying in this segment I would want usable 3rd row and sufficient boot space.

Kia carnival is from a segment as mentioned by others. If money was not a concern, then I would have voted for Carnival.
Old 12th January 2023, 09:43   #20
BHPian

Reliable, Comfortable, highvalue-resealable trouble free-serviceable, overall lovable and easily livable are the unbeatable traits of Toyota Innova Hycross.

The second place is our desi product XUV 700. Hope this product proves its worth to get my first vote next time.
Old 12th January 2023, 11:25   #21
BHPian

Voted for XUV 700

- Hycross is an amazing car with Toyota badge (top class reliability + ASS) and the best space / comfort. But it seems a little pricy compared to what it offers (Valid for all Toyota's in India)

- XUV 700 is an all round package, its a drive's car, its a family car, it has great engines, segment leading features and cabin experience, priced apt but randomly high waiting periods.

- Carnival - Insanely expensive and dated, I would any day prefer Hycross over this

- Safari - Generation below XUV 700 in all aspects (engine | interiors| NVH | Comfort)

But at the end i comes down to what you heart wants, I evaluated / test driven 3 out of 4 cars I mentioned above and finally booked Scorpio-N 4X4. As probably this will be last ICE car and I will never find a new RWD / 4X4 , body on frame SUV 10 years from now.
Asoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 08:57   #22
BHPian

Voted for Hycross. Booked ZX(O) on the first day. Proven hybrid, and other Toyota virtues. Also own a decade plus old Innova, which is running as in its teens, at 1.6L km. No failures, and clutch plate is also going strong. Running on second set of tyres, and 3rd battery.

XUV7OO is also a nice car with a great diesel engine and good drivability. Just that it's 5 adults only. Last row is suitable for small kids. And with all seats up, there is zero boot space. I don't care about fancy electronic features anyways, either in Hycross or XUV7OO. And XUV seemed to have too many features on touch panel. I found it dangerous to use.. even to play music, it was a hassle. Hope Hycross isn't overloaded with unnecessary technologies and bad innovations.

I'm ok with a premium for Hycross, based on my experience with Innova. When I bought my Innova, it was at least 4 Lakhs costlier than the competition, and it did prove its way more worth than the price differential we paid.

Last edited by samm : 13th January 2023 at 09:16. Reason: Updated additional points.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 11:31   #23
BHPian

Voted for Hycross.

Assumption: that we are talking about a 7/8 seater MUV

Reason: close competition between Carnival and Hycross. I feel usability and practicality of Hycross is better. Carnival would be amazing with respect to comfort, space and luxury but its usability on all kinds of roads could be a question given low ground clearance (ofcourse we are not talking about offroading here). Hycross would hopefully be more reliable as well. And it now comes with most creature comforts and features. And for these reasons I voted for Hycross.
Old 13th February 2023, 17:36   #24

XL6 vs Innova GX/VX

Hello Team-BHPians,
This is my first post and I am looking forward to your opinions.

I have owned a Honda Jazz since 2011 and it has served my family's needs pretty well. We are a family of 6 including my parents and kids. With the kids growing up, I wanted to upgrade to a 6+ seater. My expected usage is pretty low - about 4000 km per year out of which 50% is city driving and 50% is occasional long trips on highways.

Not considering:
- Carens, because of its not so favourable reviews.
- XUV700, because it costs almost as much as Hycross GX. Although XUV700 has many features, Hycross feels a class apart in terms of comfort and am lured by the reliability of a Toyota.

The only cars that I considered were Hycross and XL6.

XL6 pros:
- compact size makes it easy to manoeuvre in the city
- value for money given my low usage
XL6 cons:
- NCAP 3* makes it unsafe for those few highway trips.

Hycross pros:
- should be as safe as Crysta (5*)
- family loved the comfort during the Test Drive (compared to existing Jazz)
Hycross cons:
- much more expensive especially considering my low usage.

Given that price is not a concern for me and I intend to keep the car for 10-15 years, I was leaning towards Hycross.

Within Hycross, the only important feature that I found missing in GX was 6 air bags and front/rear parking sensors. I am fine with not having rest of the bells and whistles that come with a VX/ZX. The 6L price difference between GX and VX overrides any gains due to the fuel efficiency of hybrid engine given my low usage. Hence I was leaning towards GX.

As this is a pretty big purchase, I thought to seek fellow BHPians opinions before going ahead with the booking.
transformlives8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:39   #25
BHPian

Re: XL6 vs Innova GX/VX

Are you considering the Manual transmissions only or the Automatic version?
Considering long term usage and shooting traffic signal queues.
PistonCrown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:12   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
Are you considering the Manual transmissions only or the Automatic version?
Considering long term usage and shooting traffic signal queues.
I am fine with both (MT and AT) as long as its not an AMT. This not a deciding factor for me, but I do agree that AT takes out the stress from city driving.
transformlives8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

HyCross GX non hybrid is an ideal car for you with your low usage. You will appreciate the refinement and comfort, while your family will love the room on offer. With no battery pack under the front seats blocking your feet, the sheer amount of space is astonishingly good. It’s not going to be a hoot to drive, but will serve your family well for years. And, it’s an automatic by default

Another car you can consider is the Hyundai Alcazar. Similar formula as the Innova on a slightly smaller, more city friendly scale. It’s a good car. Both engines are of 2000cc and have similar power outputs.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 13th February 2023 at 20:30.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformlives8 View Post
The only cars that I considered were Hycross and XL6.

Given that price is not a concern for me and I intend to keep the car for 10-15 years, I was leaning towards Hycross.
Looking at your requirements, the XL6 will serve your purpose very well.

On the other hand, if price is not a concern for you, I would suggest go for Hycross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformlives8 View Post
Not considering:
- Carens, because of its not so favourable reviews.
Not sure which 'not so favorable' reviews you read, but you should definitely check out the Carens at least once before finalizing. You will get best of both XL6 and Hycross and even more with 6 airbags, all 4 disc-brakes etc. as standard in all variants.
Knightrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 21:08   #29
BHPian

I would never recommend XL6 or Ertiga, due to its build quality which is worse than the its own first version (of Ertiga I mean). I would go for one of the following:

a) Toyota Innova Hycross (if mileage is not concern) or Hycross Hybrid: Toyota Innova brings great quality in all aspects and the earlier Innovas have been enjoying good resale value (same or better than Maruti Suzuki Ertiga) and likely scenario that this Innova too will be in demand.

b) if Hycross is expensive then mid or lower variants of Mahindra / Tata offerings: I find Mahindra XUV700 having so many variants that some variant would fit your liking and would also fit your budget

c) if still I seek an offering within limited budget then Kia Carens or Hyundai Alcazar, I see many buying them instead of the big hatchbacks such as Seltos or Creta, simply because Carens or Alcazar can play dual role, as a small MPV for family travel and at times slightly larger hatchback for office commutes.
cs_rajesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 08:13   #30
BHPian

I currently have the same predicament. I have changed my Innova hycross booking to VX variant as I need a bench seat in the middle row.

I also have a XUV 700 diesel AX7 L auto booked.

Unable to decide. I have a long experience with Toyota and currently looking for a replacement for my 2014 Innova.

Unable to decide. I have not driven the Hycross yet, but was really impressed with the xuv700.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed