Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 13:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Should I sell my 2-year old Toyota Innova Crysta Diesel?

My opinion would be to sell if you are getting it at that price; I was also free and bored hence the below poll results from this thread till now classified 2 ways i.e. by membership levels and by location.

Should I sell my 2-year old Toyota Innova Crysta Diesel?-team-bhp.jpg
silvercloud is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 17:16   #32
BHPian

The answer lies in how much of a Innova fan you are.
There are many auto diesel 7 seaters in the market now which are definitely much better compared to the VX which you have.
But if you are the kind of person who feels "Innova is Innova" then you need to retain it.
Else there is no other logic to retain a noisy-5speed-wobbly-diesel-truck even when you are getting your money back.

PS: I have a Diesel manual Innova too. 2 trips on the new BLR-MYS e-way made me feel like dumping it mid way and hopping on a petrol sedan. The way she behaves at over 120kmph is just unacceptable for today's roads.
Old 27th February 2023, 18:53   #33
cka
BHPian

You are getting a wow price. Just go-ahead and sell it. Use the sale proceeds for investment + add some money earned outside India to budget and you will surely buy a new car of your dream/ fit the needs by end of year.. Why to keep holding to something that "better-half" don't want to be associated with (I assume this is due to cab image of Innova)
Old 3rd March 2023, 17:19   #34
BHPian

Greetings,
As mentioned by you that want to move to an automatic then it makes absolute sense to sell it now. You are getting a great price and after pre closure charges if any you are hardly losing anything. Use the this time to book a car so that the wait periods will take of itself when you are abroad. So that when you are back you can decide the car that you want and start your new car adventures again.
Regards
Old 5th April 2023, 01:30   #35
BHPian

Thank you all for the suggestions and views.

I have decided to retain the Crysta for at least the next 5 years. The reason for this decision is - got bitten really hard by the Diesel, RWD, body-on-chassis construction, which is now almost a rarity barring Scorpio N and Fortuner.

The Pros - really comfortable tourer with high reliability and almost go-anywhere construction.

The only Con - I need to live with manual shifts for a few more years, which can be - a hit or miss, depending on the usage.

I have asked my better half to do the ritual of running the engine every fortnight. I guess this should be sufficient.

Thank you all once again

- Kannan
SKannan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 05:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good decision Kannan.

Think of it,
a) you won’t get a diesel anymore, that’s half as good as a crysta and
b) you’ve to book a car before you depart and you may still end up waiting post your return, thanks to the high wait times these days.

Most Viewed