Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 11:32   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 32 Times
XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

After selling my Alcazar 7str D MT last month, I am planning to return to 5str and ATs. Between these three cars which one would any of you suggest as a replacement for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

Mod's note - Please get acquainted with the relevant sections of the board before you open a new thread. This thread has now been moved to the relevant sub-section of "What Car?"
dars.han is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 21:08   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 213
Thanked: 488 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Some more info required, what is your driving pattern, how much you drive a month , is there a fuel preference , why you are planning to let go of Alcazar, and specific reason you are not considering Creta / Seltos , any thing to do with Hyundai ownership etc.

Recommendation with no background -
1) If you are looking for cost effective , low cost of ownership experience then go for Brezza

2) If you love driving a lot then go for Kushaq

These are just broad level inputs, this will change if you can share the details mentioned above
Asoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 15:03   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Hi, dars.han

As rightly mentioned by Asoon, there should be more details from you. But if you need broader inputs then:

Brezza - Mileage car at less cost. Even at less cost, it offers a displacement of 1.5L with a naturally aspirated petrol engine. It's a no-fuss car as a couple of my friends are owners of the new model of last year.

Kushaq - Dark horse by Skoda. Outdated cabin - and not as airy as XUV300. 1.5L engine is more value for the money.

XUV300 - I drive a recently purchased XUV300. I was also riding in the same boat sometime back when I had options of Kushaq, Brezza, Seltos & XUV300.

The spacious cabin, powerful engine, and overall performance make this car worth investing in. Gives the most commanding driving position compared to other cars listed.

It's the most expensive of the lost with W8 (O) petrol variant going at Rs. 14.84 on-road in Bangalore.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2023 at 21:38. Reason: Edited for better readability
trouvaille is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 06:19   #4
BHPian
 
bijims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Muscat
Posts: 237
Thanked: 691 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Considering the options listed, if you are alright with the tiny boot and AMT of the XUV300, you should go for it, moreover, the power and torque of the diesel are unmatched.

If you want an all-rounder car, no frills with good fuel efficiency, easy maintenance, and aren't seeking for performance, the Brezza would be a good choice.

However, if you want a more premium offering, then the Skoda Kushaq/ VW Taigun would be a good bet.

This is a general overview, more details on driving patterns, usage scenario,s etc are required to further close in on the best option.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 12:36   #5
Newbie
 
SKannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
After selling my Alcazar 7str D MT last month, I am planning to return to 5str and ATs. Between these three cars which one would any of you suggest as a replacement for a family of 5.
What is the reason for selling the Alcazar? Is the requirement for an automatic the only reason?

If you want a 5-str AT, I would suggest XUV300 AMT. you will love the space inside and the powerful diesel engine. Or look at Creta/Seltos automatics, which also offer good space and engine/gearbox combos.
SKannan is offline  
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:28   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 32
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
After selling my Alcazar 7str D MT last month, I am planning to return to 5str and ATs. Between these three cars which one would any of you suggest as a replacement for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

Mod's note - Please get acquainted with the relevant sections of the board before you open a new thread. This thread has now been moved to the relevant sub-section of "What Car?"
Kushaq has the best driving experience among the lot but pricier than Brezza and as said by others costlier to maintain though they give maintenance packages. Brezza has a 4 cylinder engine compared to the 3 cylinder in kushaq 1.0. so based on your driving requirements, budget and as they always do a test drive and determine.
Latebloomer is offline  
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:20   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 992
Thanked: 2,835 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
After selling my Alcazar 7str D MT last month, I am planning to return to 5str and ATs. Between these three cars which one would any of you suggest as a replacement for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance!
Atleast specify your requirements and expectations from the car. Without it, you will get very vague responses and no actual help.

As per my requirements, none of these 3 cars satisfy it. So I would suggest none.
07CR is offline  
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:42   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,279
Thanked: 1,870 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Well the requirements haven't been specified, but since you say "Family car for 5", I have tried to derive the requirements for you myself:

1. It should be spacious to seat 5 (obviously!)

2. It should have ease of ingress and egress (For the elderly parents perhaps ?)

3. It should be reliable and be able to get "serviced" even at remotest places.

4. It should be fuel efficient (Ok I added this myself but anything other than an EV has to be fuel efficient today given the scorching fuel costs).

5. Your location says "Bangalore", so I guess you will be better off with an AT.

Considering the above requirements, I would say:

Priority 1: Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid CVT.

Priority 2: Grand Vitara Mild Hybrid AT.

Side option 1: Skoda Kushaq/VW Taigun

Side option 2: Mahindra XUV 400 (If you are open to EVs).
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:24   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

My usage is close to 300 kms on weekdays plus around 100 kms on weekends. Reasons for selling Alcazar:
- not at all worth the money spent on a mid variant D MT for a seven seater
- very lethargic drive feel
- felt extremely unsafe on long drives
- body roll in the second row is unmanageable
- had a very bad experience during one of the drives with the tyre bursting during the same. Was lucky enough to find someone to help

Reasons if buying automatic and these specific cars
- both my wife and I can drive
- easy to handle current traffic trends
- did not wish to exceed the budget of 18L
- fan of diesel engines hence XUV 300
dars.han is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 23:28   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
What is the reason for selling the Alcazar? Is the requirement for an automatic the only reason?

If you want a 5-str AT, I would suggest XUV300 AMT. you will love the space inside and the powerful diesel engine. Or look at Creta/Seltos automatics, which also offer good space and engine/gearbox combos.
Posted the reason just at the end of this thread.
dars.han is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 20:23   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
shancz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 4,461 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
My usage is close to 300 kms on weekdays plus around 100 kms on weekends.

- both my wife and I can drive
- easy to handle current traffic trends
- did not wish to exceed the budget of 18L
- fan of diesel engines hence XUV 300
From your shortlist :
MT : XUV300 > Kushaq 1.0 > Brezza
AT : Kushaq 1.0 > Brezza

- Brezza has been kept as a last option because I don't think you'll be happy with the performance on offer, considering your issue with the Alcazar.
- Won't recommend the XUV300 AMT because it doesn't belong in a 10+ lakh car, have heard of issues with it and considering you want to sell off your Alcazar due to the reasons you've listed, the AMT will see you back to looking for a new car in not very distant future, IMHO.

I understand your predicament, diesel vehicles are getting rarer and will continue to do so as more stringent emission norms keep coming and performance oriented SUVs just cost a lot to buy and maintain, like the Kushaq/Taigun 1.5 TSi DSG.
What I feel is that if the Kushaq 1.0 doesn't meet your performance needs then increase your budget to include the regular SUVs like the Harrier, Compass, XUV700 etc. That might open up some good options.

Good Luck

Last edited by shancz : 14th March 2023 at 20:23. Reason: spacing
shancz is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 20:59   #12
Newbie
 
Safedriver2023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Vellore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 19 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

It seems you are driving around 1500 to 2000 kms a month. Kushaq 1.5 at will cost 22 plus on road with a mileage of 12 to 13 max in City. May go lesser too. I have a different suggestion which is feasible if you can arrange a charging point. I will recommend you to test drive the xuv400 and decide. You can have a KA state waiver of road tax too i think.
Summary
Peace of mind - Brezza (no diesel option)
Driver satisfaction - KUSHAQ
Better mileage and compromise on gearshift comfort - Xuv300 AMT
Others - xuv400
Safedriver2023 is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 22:14   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 18 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Be aware of Kushaq unexpected engine issues, also the plastic quality not up to the mark. XUV 300 is a well established product with amazing power in diesel variants
JG@Nomad is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 23:13   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: GJ05
Posts: 156
Thanked: 223 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
My usage is close to 300 kms on weekdays plus around 100 kms on weekends.
- did not wish to exceed the budget of 18L
- fan of diesel engines hence XUV 300
Have been using the Brezza 2022 ZXI+ AT since the last six months and can say that do give it a TD as mine is giving a FE of 15-16kmpl in city with full traffic and on highways 21-22 kmpl. Also it can comfortably seat 5 and will be easy for both of you to drive. Also will be in your budget of 18L. Yes compared to the power of XUV 300 it might not match but have many times driven on the expressway @100 kmph and no issues.
ACMerchant is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 23:19   #15
BHPian
 
yesyeswe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 681
Thanked: 1,966 Times
Re: XUV300 D AMT or Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT or Brezza P AT - which one to buy?

Go and test drive all the vehicles which you have listed and have a feel for yourself, here everyone is gonna give you their personal opinion and choices, we may try to be unbiased but we all have our preferences.

Some factors to consider are:
Performance of the engine with the gearbox.
Interior feel, space and quality.
Build quality and outside looks.
Music system, features and radio UI.
Fuel economy and maintenance cost
Safety record and crash ratings.

This list can still go on, some of the above things might or might not matter to you, so test drive the cars and then decide.
yesyeswe is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks