Team-BHP - Graduating from car to SUV..need help.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Graduating from car to SUV..need help. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/26322-graduating-car-suv-need-help-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 510616)
Am not gonna preach you to buy swift d since i have one or anything, but to state facts i have done around 7000 kms of which almost 4000 kms of south indian highway (best to the worst) and i havent faced an issue so far (touches wood).

The fact that I'm scared about is what happens when you run into bad roads. The swift has not that great ground clearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 510616)
Having an SUV doesnt earn much respect on an highway, it actually helps in city with smaller cars, cabs and autorics, then again a pain cos of the size.

:confused: I don't get it. I thought it does

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 513380)
The fact that I'm scared about is what happens when you run into bad roads. The swift has not that great ground clearance.

Ground clearance is not bad, and suspension setup is stiff. Have't heard owners complaining much about Swift's GC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 513380)
:confused: I don't get it. I thought it does

I guess he was saying SUV doesn't get much respect from trucks, volvo's and other such biggies on the highways.

Whereas in the city, you could always bully other small cars around you.

Safari Rulebook - NEVER BUY ME SECOND HAND, COZ I AM SO LOVABLE & MACHO AT THE SAME TIME THAT THE BLOKE SELLING ME WILL HAVE A TRUE REASON OF GETTING RID OF ME. YOU WANT ME, BUY ME FIRST HAND AND I WILL TREAT YOU LIKE LOVE. PERIOD.

Dude, do not even think of buying a 2nd hand safari, it will make yr life hell with its problems. It is an excellent car / SUV, most comfortable SUV ever !! But buy it only if it is new. You will have to be REALLY lucky if you get a 2nd hand safari in a good condition and the person selling it will have to be a fool. Cheers !!!

My advise - if budget is not for a new safari, go for a Swift !! Classy & Hot Car !!

try to go in for a scorpio that would be for city and highway

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorkats (Post 506911)
.no way will they treat you like a 'driver'.

I hate to say this but he's probably faced it because he has an Indica....call center cab association (no disrespect intended).

Vkochar, that was hilariousrl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by barathan (Post 506691)
Hi There,
budget is around 7.5 to 8L. My options are
1. Ford Fiesta (Diesel) -
2. Mahindra Scorpio
3. Tata Safari.

But i love to buy Tata safari but i am really worried about its Resale value and Tatas After sales service, because i am currently owning a Tata Indica and the after sales service sucks :((. TATA People treat you like a driver and takes very long time for servicing. Guys please advice me on getting a good car. What are the constraints i need to see if i want to buy a second hand Endavour. Please Help !!.

My suggestion would be go for the Safari Dicor Lx. may be u will have to shell out another 10 - 20k max.
Regarding Endavour, its a good vehicle, but no idea about the second hand market. Mileage around 10. very good interms of handling and breaking. Power a bit less when compared to safari dicor or scorpio.
Scorpio is good if you have to do with more of city driving. But also u need to live without few features when compared to safari dicor.
Compare the feature between Safari Lx and Scorpio version which you can get for the same price.

hi fiery enzyme, if you want an SUV, try increasing ur budget for a couple of lakhs and go in for new dicor else stick to Swift, unless u know someone selling his SUV and which you know for sure does'nt have any problems. But the truth is its hard to find someone like that. Also, the old TCIC does'nt have the power to keep you happy.

I would like to advocate for Bolero in case if you don't plan to go for adding 2 more lakhs to your budget. If that is possible the recommendation would be for a safari Dicor Lx (supported by strong reasons!).

Why not safari-TCIC: Its really an underpowered vehicle and think about the mileage as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 513959)
Vkochar, that was hilariousrl:

Thank you Sumanji !! BTW How is yr Safari treating you ?

I am seriously considering buying one !! Getting the middle variant for 8.5 on road Gurgaon Reg. ( Gurgaon Dhingra offering only 10k discount ).lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 514651)
Getting the middle variant for 8.5 on road Gurgaon Reg. ( Gurgaon Dhingra offering only 10k discount ).lol:

r u getting the ex verson for 8.5, did tata cut the prices again or what?
vkochar, just contact other dealers as well. Just ask for the price and don't bother about looking at the vehicle. walk straight to the sales guy and ask him about the price and also tell him that u are just comparing the prices between the dealers. then c, all of them will fight to grab your deal and u will end up with a better discount. One simple reason for this is, nobody will sell you by making losses and they won't even loose you, unless there is some margin how much ever less it might be...

Quote:

Originally Posted by babureddy (Post 516009)
vkochar, just contact other dealers as well. Just ask for the price and don't bother about looking at the vehicle. walk straight to the sales guy and ask him about the price and also tell him that u are just comparing the prices between the dealers. then c, all of them will fight to grab your deal and u will end up with a better discount. One simple reason for this is, nobody will sell you by making losses and they won't even loose you, unless there is some margin how much ever less it might be...

Yeah I think so, EX is the middle variant , right ? I suppose !!

Will check here in Agra as well as to how much they are charging for the Safari and what discount are they offering !! thanks for the advise. cheers !!

I went through this SUV decision dilemma for nearly 6 months. I considered everything from Gypsy, Fusion, Bolero, Scorpio, Gama, Gurkha, Sumo... and finally decided on Safari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babureddy (Post 516009)

We Karnataka chaps should never compare car prices with Delhi chaps, we pay 15% more I think. It only gives heart burn.:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by binoy_tharakan (Post 514169)
Why not safari-TCIC: Its really an underpowered vehicle and think about the mileage as well.

Compared to Bolero, that's not bad. But you will get the great Safari ride comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 513429)
Ground clearance is not bad, and suspension setup is stiff. Have't heard owners complaining much about Swift's GC.

Fusion has real bad ride on bad roads I hear.

Buddy as per your requirement go for the Bolero. I have seen its capabilities over some of the most rugged terrain and believe you me that in capable hands this machine can go anywhere. With your budget and easy maintainence it is the vehicle for you. Its not a true SUV but a rugged reliable vehicle. With swift though no issues like GC will crop up but am sure over wild muddy terrain Bolero will be more of an asset anyday.

I found the bolero's driving position far more comfortable than that of a scorpio. The Gear knob is also weidly placed in the scorpio - if youa re going for a bolero - pay that little extra and get a 4WD. It will make it a LOT more fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 517104)
We Karnataka chaps should never compare car prices with Delhi chaps, we pay 15% more I think. It only gives heart burn.:mad:

10% RT for vehicles above 5 lakhs and below 10 lakhs, 12% RT for vehicles above 10lakhs + registration charges.

In punjab its 2% RT and in Delhi its apprx 5%(depends upon vehicle weight) + some conjestion charges, if I am not mistaken.

But yes, it does give a heartburn :Frustrati