Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 12:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, Toyota has dropped Fortuner plans. If you search for Fortuner thread, you will find that information.

Outlander is expected probably early next year.
Old 4th September 2007, 18:56   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
IIRC, Toyota has dropped Fortuner plans. If you search for Fortuner thread, you will find that information.

Outlander is expected probably early next year.
Its really a bad news for me. My first choice is Outlander so lets wait for that otherwise I will go for Pajero.

Thanks Honda dude
Old 4th September 2007, 19:08   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs_frienddelhi View Post
Its really a bad news for me. My first choice is Outlander so lets wait for that otherwise I will go for Pajero.
If you can wait ,you will 've one more option, the Chevrolet would launch the Captiva in jan 08 ..you can see the details of this SUV in the latest Autocar India issue .
Old 4th September 2007, 19:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs_frienddelhi View Post

Thanks Honda dude
also wait for the chevy captiva. it should be out the end of the year and will have a 140bhp diesel.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:14   #35

Dear Friends,

I can wait for another few months not more then 6-7 months) just to get some more options in SUV segment.

Among Tiguan, Outlantlander, Fortuner, Captiva pls suggest me which one is the Best...... My requirements are Fun to drive, Good seating comfort for long drives (Driver as well as rear seats also), minimum 5 seater and reasonable FE and offcourse Macho looks.

Thanks for suggestions
Old 5th September 2007, 01:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

if you can wait for 6-7 months then the best car according to your requirements would be the tiguan.
Old 5th September 2007, 09:39   #37

Can anyone help me when these SUV's (Tiguan, Outlander and Captiva) are going to be launched? I think Fortuner wont come soon.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:56   #38
Team-BHP Support

i think your best bet would be the captiva or the tiguan. i see the captiva coming before the tiguan.
Old 5th September 2007, 19:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Not a fan of CRV but i think CRV fits your requirements alot so opt for it you wont be dissapointed, its a Honda after all.
how could anybody justify this look

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...20102797-E.jpg
Old 10th September 2007, 13:26   #40

Hello Friends,

Any guess about Mitsubishi's Outlander launch ? Pls reply if anyone has any idea about it.
Old 12th September 2007, 18:08   #41

Dude, tiguan will be launched a little later by end of next year or might even take a little longger time. Captiva is the newest that would be launched quite soon by end of this year or by jan-2008. check out the new edition of Autocar magazine and you'll have a very good idea. captiva is just the copy of CRV, but CRV looks better.
tiguan might exceed your budget. outlander might also exceed a little higher than your budget, but trust me outlander will have a very low fuel efficiency and also, outlander is not a very popular SUV sold around the world, so you might not be confident about it in a long run or its engine.
fortuner is dropped by toyota. they have no plans soon to lauch fortuner in india and so there's no point waiting for it.

as a matter of fact, even i'm in search of buying an SUV in couple of months and after this thread, i dropped my idea of endeavour and have decided on CRV. anybody with a better advice?
Old 5th October 2007, 21:13   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodarul View Post
Dude, tiguan will be launched a little later by end of next year or might even take a little longger time. Captiva is the newest that would be launched quite soon by end of this year or by jan-2008. check out the new edition of Autocar magazine and you'll have a very good idea. captiva is just the copy of CRV, but CRV looks better.
tiguan might exceed your budget. outlander might also exceed a little higher than your budget, but trust me outlander will have a very low fuel efficiency and also, outlander is not a very popular SUV sold around the world, so you might not be confident about it in a long run or its engine.
fortuner is dropped by toyota. they have no plans soon to lauch fortuner in india and so there's no point waiting for it.

as a matter of fact, even i'm in search of buying an SUV in couple of months and after this thread, i dropped my idea of endeavour and have decided on CRV. anybody with a better advice?

Budget is not a big issue. I am looking for some nice SUV for long term use and my preferences in order are:
1.Outlander- For looks, interiors and diesel
2.Pajero - For tried and tested product, Fun to drive. -tive: outdated interiors and 3 people cant sit in middle row.
3.Tigian For Looks and VW

Please suggest whether its worthy to wait for Outlander and Tiguan or should I go for Pajero or is there any other option also in the price range of 20 lacs approx ? I can wait for couple of months also.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2007, 10:39   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think its best to wait for the SUVs to be launched, and then have a "What Car" discussion on them. Until then, it will be pure speculation.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks