Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 21:54   #46
BHPian

Sir, please go ahead with CJ3b, because firstly its has SWB and secondly availability of parts.

regards,
Vishal
Old 1st October 2010, 11:20   #47

Very interesting thread, I assume the choice between the two vehicle is due to the allotment policy of the Indian army for class V surplus vehicle to ex servicemen. Anyway which vehicle did you finally go in for? and is the restoration started/complete. some more info plz.

Regards
Chandeep
Old 1st June 2011, 15:52   #48

Re: Jonga 4x4 or M&M Jeep CJ3B 4x4

Jonga will not the right option. If you dont want to add your perils....just go for MM 550.
Old 29th September 2011, 03:23   #49
BHPian

I have mm550, its very practical. I have a jonga too, its about pride.
Old 24th May 2013, 13:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

There is a Jonga with my cousins in my village as well. My visits to my farms are much shorter these days often less than two days so I have not got down in detail about asking for the health of this Jonga.

This was purchased from Army disposal in Panagarh. In Tilaiya ( Bihar ) there is a whole lot of these Jongas that ply as taxis in that region.

This one was purchased from the taxi operators for a sum of Rs. 12,000 in 1990.

Then they installed a diesel engine in it, from a Tata 1210 truck. My cousins said it is a very good engine so I too brought one and ran a 30KVA generator with it, I had got the dynamo made in Agra and the arrangement worked well. Apart from Kirloskar there were not many heavier duty generators then and this one used to run my AC units even if there was a power cut all night.

This Jonga was repainted a few times, engine serviced a few times, I heard it pulled a tractor trolley as well on a few ocassions like transporting chairs for a family marriage!

But last when I saw it about a month ago, one of the village know alls who is a kind of consultant for all things mechanical from Peter Pump to borewell to generators, was seen squatting in a Lungi and pouring brake fluid in the brake lines. I did not bother to stop and enquire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks