Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio 2.6? Or 2.2?

I took a test drive last week, Scoprio 2.6 Slx, and to my supraise, I am really not impressed with the driving seat position. I am 6'2'' tall, But as a tall SUV it should not have such issue. when I tilt the steering postion down, its on my lap and I couldn't move or steer it properly. Its a shock to me!. I thought this SUV should give the driving comfort to a tall person.

Is there any way to push the seating position back, a little more, any third party people to do it?

Also is it worth a wait for crde 2.2 engine, I heard it could be a better engine, and the weight of the car would be considerably low with better milage.

Experts please advice.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

look at the innova also. im 6'3" and i can drive it comfortably.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can also have a look at the safari, it will be more comfortable for your height.

If you want to drive in your scorpio this year, go for the current engine else wait till beginning next year. The same is true for safari 2.2 also.

The performance of the 2.2L engine too early to predict, we will have to wait till its launched and new scapegoats post their ownership reports.

Last edited by dadu : 5th September 2007 at 15:28.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:26   #4
BHPian

Hey dadu, I thought both these beasts will be out around diwali.

Infact there was a Safari ad talking about 50% discount on insurance, today. A scheme that will be valid till 20th Sept. And I thought it is a way of clearing existing stock.

I guess you know better from your contacts.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:35   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My best friend dropped the Scorpio for exactly the same reason...he is 6"0 and couldnt fit comfortably in the drivers seat.

I am sure there are after-market remedies for this, but it will compromise the already-compromised middle row legroom.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

There has been a lot of speculation for sure but no bonafide launch date. If its not Sep, I have a feeling it will rollover to 2008.

I am quite cynical about these two launches, I myself dont trust my words :(

The existing machines are tried, tested and proven, no point buying a blackhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Hey dadu, I thought both these beasts will be out around diwali.

Infact there was a Safari ad talking about 50% discount on insurance, today. A scheme that will be valid till 20th Sept. And I thought it is a way of clearing existing stock.

I guess you know better from your contacts.

Last edited by dadu : 5th September 2007 at 16:54.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You can also have a look at the safari, it will be more comfortable for your height.
i have the same issue with the safari.
i am only 6 feet and the steering wheel hits my knees even when the seat is pulled back the farthest.
the tilt steering cant be used either unless a person sits as if he's straddling a horse.
Old 5th September 2007, 18:20   #8

you checked with Safari?
Old 5th September 2007, 18:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Benny, you should seriously consider the Innova, unless the looks put you off completely. Other than that issue (in the eyes of some) the Innova is BY FAR the superior product and will outlast a Scorpio or a Safari by a long shot. AFter all, it's from the house of Toyota.
You would be looking at a Scorpio or a Safari ONLY if you wanted a 4WD.
That is the most honest advice I can give you being the owner of a 4WD Scorpio with which I am quite happy thankyou. (I'm 5 ft 7ins).
Old 5th September 2007, 21:58   #10
BHPian

OT:
A few months back i was hanging out at my friends car accessories shop when a guy came in to check some stuff out. And this guy was like 6ft6inches or more. And i was like expecting him to be driving an SUV of some sort but guess what?! he was drivin the new Honda City. He was like its good space for him!
Old 6th September 2007, 08:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

But in all likelihood, leaving no space for the backseat in way of the driver's seat.

Most Viewed