Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2007, 12:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ravi - Innova has a habit of premature tyre wear. Tyres dont last more then 20000kms on the Innova.
i have a g2 innova and its on the second pair of tires and has done 98000 till yesterday

i don't agree the tires last more than 45000 km
Old 30th September 2007, 14:54   #17
BHPian

Akshay123 - I have already asked for the sun film on windshield, parking sensors and halogen lights. I wasn't sure about the film, but said yes anyway. Good to hear from you they are useful. I also asked for the sound damper (cardboard sheets inside doors ?) that cost 5000 Rs. Not sure it they work, just as an experiment. I'm also getting the Muffler cutter, turning signals on mirrors, leather seats, fabric mats, and a 9" screen with sony DVD player.

I will make sure they give me Bridgestone tyres, thanks for the tip, Akshay & Ravi.

Hondadude/Samurai - I don't go offroading at all - the toughest one has been the road to matheran that even the Petra did with total ease. So I don't care about 4WD - just a spacious and comfortable people carrier that can handle bombay roads & traffic. I will certainly do a TD on Pajero early this week, but unless its noticeably more comfortable than Innova to sit in, I will probably stick with Innova.
Old 30th September 2007, 16:37   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you can afford a CR-V, do yourself a favour and test drive the Pajero. That is the cheapest real SUV available in the market.
Hello,

No doubt, Pajero is king of SUV's. Test drive it also friend

Cheers
Old 30th September 2007, 22:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post
Akshay123 - I have already asked for the sun film on windshield, parking sensors and halogen lights. I wasn't sure about the film, but said yes anyway. Good to hear from you they are useful. I also asked for the sound damper (cardboard sheets inside doors ?) that cost 5000 Rs. Not sure it they work, just as an experiment. I'm also getting the Muffler cutter, turning signals on mirrors, leather seats, fabric mats, and a 9" screen with sony DVD player.

I will make sure they give me Bridgestone tyres, thanks for the tip, Akshay & Ravi.
i think 5k is a bit too much for cardboard. the innova has pretty good insulation anyway. try and get the speakers changed since anyway they are going to open the doors to put the cardboard in. make them paint the parking sensors to the body colour (im regretting i didnt do this). and i hope the mirrors with the turn signals that your getting are TGA and not the cheap ones with the blue leds?
Old 1st October 2007, 10:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hondadude/Samurai - I don't go offroading at all - the toughest one has been the road to matheran that even the Petra did with total ease. So I don't care about 4WD - just a spacious and comfortable people carrier that can handle bombay roads & traffic. I will certainly do a TD on Pajero early this week, but unless its noticeably more comfortable than Innova to sit in, I will probably stick with Innova.
In that case, its best to stick with Innova. It seems to be a perfect fit for your needs. The only reason I even recommended Pajero was because you tested other SUVs and I thought you were looking for one.
Old 1st October 2007, 19:42   #21
BHPian

OK, I made the payment today, delivery is next wednesday. I made some changes in the accessories list. Please give me your opinions.

1) Decided not to put reverse sensors for now as Shinrai Toyota only had black or champgne gold color sensors, that too not original Toyota. It seems TKC is not shipping them anymore. They said painting them in body color will make the sensor read 'zero' distance always. I want to know from forum readers if it is possible to get silver color reverse sensors. Also, is it possible to have front/side parking sensors that can be turned on/off to help my wife park in tight spots is she ever has to drive ? Are cameras worth while ? esp since I will have a large screen blocking rear view mirror ? Where can I buy them from ?

2) I wanted a 12" video screen but they had only 9" or 15". Also, they were selling me at full rate even as they will take away the installed panasonic set. So I'm planning to read the ICE threads on TBHP for good options in mumbai to swap factory fitted system for a new set of players, speakers and 12" Video.

3) Shinrai refused to put 'illuminated scuff plates' saying they are a lot of trouble and goes bad in rain etc. Anyone seen them in real life ? do they look good ?

4) Also, after delivery I'm planning to change stock tyres to Michellin Energy MXV8 - as they seem to be the most comfortable and quietest ones recommended by forum members.

thanks,
CF
Old 1st October 2007, 20:41   #22
Team-BHP Support

you can get parking sensors for the front. totally they would be six sensors. you can also get a camera with sensors. this would be the best option.

dont buy any ice from shinrai. they dont know much about ice or the accessories and they sell them at very high rates. see bharat car radio in worli for ice. theyve done ice for my last 3 cars and have done a good job.

shinrai probably dosent have the scruff plates in stock so they are making up excuses.

change the tyres to xmv8. i think both v16 has those and mugen_power has xm1s.
Old 1st October 2007, 21:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good Choice. Buying accessories from outside makes lot of sense. MAke sure you consult good known car shop, Innova is 2+ yrs old vehicle you can find any accessory you need from outside shop.

When I have fit accessories cost is just 30,000 same would cost more than 50,000 rs if I had fit them through dealership.

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:15   #24
BHPian

How does one find out whether the dealer is selling you the demo vehicle, if you did not do the test drive at that dealer and thus have never seen it ? I'm sure it would be child's play to zero the odometer.

CF
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:28   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How does one find out whether the dealer is selling you the demo vehicle, if you did not do the test drive at that dealer and thus have never seen it ? I'm sure it would be child's play to zero the odometer.

CF
not really. i dont think shinrai would do that. an youll be able to make out easily. the first sign is the beige being dirty.
Old 12th October 2007, 23:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Easiest SUV for the city drive.

Which is the easiest car for City drive amoung the Safari, Scorpio and Innova (MUV)?

Thanks.
Old 13th October 2007, 10:15   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Which is the easiest car for City drive amoung the Safari, Scorpio and Innova (MUV)?

Thanks.
id have to say the innova. almost like a car to drive besides the gear shift.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:33   #28
BHPian

Hi friends. I have the similar dilemma. No doubts have used Scorpio, Safari and Innova on extensice long drives( for company trips)
Innova - diesel- Delhi to Jullundar and back 2) Delhi to Dehradun & back, Scoprio- Mumbai - Pune ( 3 trips) thorughexpress highway and in city all types of roads and Safari - 1 trip Mumbai -Goa-Mumbai. As far as drive is concerned, Innova no doubt beats other two in refinement and comfort game but scoprio in the hand of a good driver has its own fun. Safari pure comfort, road presence and wow factor and great on highway compared to city drive ( though cant comment about the characteristics of new 2.2 VTT). One more thing- reversing and taking U turns, Scorpio is very good. In Innova - on that highway near Meerut, at times was feeling naked and bulging body panels gave lot of scary moments for fear of scratch and yes another thing, felt as if oncoming vehicles coming straight in my face! I didnt like that feeling. Now I am still confused when need tochange upgrade from CRDi Viva- lovely cruiser. I am considering Verna CRDi, Civic AT, Hyundai Santro / PA AT, Scorpio, Safari and Innova and I need to pick up two in any combination. Elseso far a good option is Laura AT but then will not be able to buy safari. Most economical option is Safari EX (2.2) and Santro/PA AT( for city commute), Innova - no cause- have no dealer in New Mumbai and dont want that service stn driver to take it on a 80-100 kms trip each time I need to take it for servicing. Scorpio not an option since, it will surely come with 2.2 engine soon and dont want to lose on resale value.But yes , I loved the feel of scorpio too much and hence, wanted to get the feel before deciding - but its still no news on likely launch.
Good that at least you have been able to take a quick decision. Enjoy your drive and have fun!
Old 13th October 2007, 12:49   #29
BHPian

I've taken delivery of the Innova. Very good hassle free experience with Shinrai. The sound deadner is a bit of a con (some sponge and thick tape) but Shinari never pushed it, I specifically asked them to try it just to see.

Earlier, the sales person had came to my house to pick up the order. Friendly chap but forgot the order form - so I had to type one up and take a print out. He got some costs wrong so they are refunding 22,000 Rs to me. Also he tried to get me to give him 5000 Rs as a self/cash cheque without receipt. I refused, but later figured he might have split it with me 50:50 if I had asked . Also, while leaving I had to give him 100 Rs to go home because he forgot to take money and his bus pass !!!

Innova drove very well (except for clunky gears) with very little noise levels and nice handling. However, by the time I reached home (50 kms) there is already some rattling sound from the front passenger side near the windshield. I'm quite annoyed by that and hope to get it fixed when I go in for the 100 kms/1 month checkup.
Old 13th October 2007, 18:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Please post pictures and details of Innova and accessories once you buy and fit

All the best!

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks