Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

You are speaking more of out perception methinks. The Petrol Safari has been around for quite a while & is quite a stonker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Do consider two things:
a. A touring vehicle has to be servicable anywhere. I doubt most tata mechs have ever seen a petrol safari, forget repair
b. No offence, but mechanically perfect and used Tata safari doesn't quite fit in the same sentence.
Heard of at least TWO Petrol 4x4 Safaris that have done Leh & have done it real good. We have a member Ram2004 who has a Petrol 4x4 & has done this dream run -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...?highlight=Leh

The other one I heard about was for a handicapped guy, IIRC Bunny Punia had posted the link...........

Last edited by suman : 23rd December 2008 at 13:50.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
... Then I stumbled upon a petrol safari which has 4wd, airbags and ABS (it belongs to a friend).

Here are the details

1. Done 36,000 KM
2. ABS/ Airbags
3. 4WD
4. Mechanically perfect

...available for 3 lakh bucks ... Considering that I'll be using the safari on rare occassions, does it make sense to go in for a petrol version? Is there anything that I am missing?

Also, how good would be a petrol safari for off roading, incase I do decide to use it for that as compared to a diesel safari?
If you are sure about your friend, then this does look to be a good deal. But you have not mentioned the year of make of this Safari.

For 3laks, and with your mentioned running, I would say this is a right fit for your requirement.

And I do not think that you will have any issue with this even if you decide to take it off-road.

The ONLY concern that you should really have is :
1. When driving into a fuel bunk, to make sure PETROL is being poured into the vehicle.
2. Making sure that the TASS fellow knows that your vehicle is petrol and hence make the necessary service needs!

EDIT: Seems like the question has been answered well.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 23rd December 2008 at 14:44.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:37   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Toyota's petrol powerplant is way ahead compared to Tata's. IMO, the interiors of Innova are better off than Safari. Go for Innova eyes closed.

I actually dont agree with this, unless you've driven the petrol version of the Safari.

It knocks a lot of punch than the sedate Innova. Moreover the Safari interiors are also neat.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have travelled in both the cars According to me:

Petrol Innova: Dream to travel in, I simply love its smoothness. Beautifull interior, attractive dashboard. Its worth to buy as used one because of bad resale value.

Petrol Safari: Dream to travel in, I simply love its smoothness too. 5STAR ride quality/comfort. Bad fit and finish, dashboard not attractive. Best rear seat. might be difficult to service/repair because of very less sale.

Driving both Petrol brothers have very good pickup. Innova we feel like we drive car while Safari its different good feeling.

About Diesel Innova/Safari I found well maintained ones are smooth but not matchable with Petrol ones. Old ones/not properly maintained ones make more noice/vibrations.

Prices: TOP End 2005 Petrol Innova can be found around 5.5 lacs with 40,000km. 2006 around 6 lacs with 25,000km. 2007,2008 around 7 lacs maximum. Similar Petrol Safari around 1.5 lacs less.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd December 2008 at 15:21.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:19   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I actually dont agree with this, unless you've driven the petrol version of the Safari.

It knocks a lot of punch than the sedate Innova. Moreover the Safari interiors are also neat.
well i havent driven a petrol safari but i think the petrol innova was far from sedate. it does 0-100 in 12.3. i agree the safaris interiors are neat but theyre built like crap. the safari is 132ps right? also forgot to mention the safari petrol sounds like a diesel from the outside. i thought it was a diesel until i saw the 2l badge above the front wheel.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd December 2008 at 15:23.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:26   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well i havent driven a petrol safari but i think the petrol innova was far from sedate. it does 0-100 in 12.3. i agree the safaris interiors are neat but theyre built like crap. the safari is 132ps right? also forgot to mention the safari petrol sounds like a diesel from the outside. i thought it was a diesel until i saw the 2l badge above the front wheel.
132 PS right. Much better compared to Innova petrol.

You better test drive soon, it'll change your views soon.

Crap interiors? You are comparing a truck to a car my dear
Old 24th December 2008, 09:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
...We have a member Ram2004 who has a Petrol 4x4 & ...
and also another member , Muralidharan, who also has a Petrol Safari 4x4 : you can PM them for more info. Both of them are I think quite satisifed with the petrol Safari 4x4.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
132 PS right. Much better compared to Innova petrol.

You better test drive soon, it'll change your views soon.

Crap interiors? You are comparing a truck to a car my dear
actually the innova is 136ps and im pretty sure its quicker but i will try and get a drive in the safari.

well the interiors are built terrible, i dont think you can argue that?

Most Viewed