Team-BHP - Picking up a used Pajero
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Picking up a used Pajero (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/29864-picking-up-used-pajero.html)

I came across a used Mitsubishi Pajero 2000 model.What price can be paid for a year 2000 pajero in decent condition ?Would like to know more about the service and repair costs of a Pajero.Also like to know whether it is possible to source cheaper parts in the open market.Does used pajeros have any known problems or niggles?please:

Pajeros would go for anywhere between 14 - 17, depending on the condition. They are extremely robust machines and problems are rare, if kept well. Their popularity ensures that spares are not a problem either.

Call up a local Mitsubishi dealer to check on prices.

GTO, are u talking about the 2000 model which go for 14-17 or the later models ?

OT: Even the brand new Pajero coming out of HM-Mitshubishi factory looks like used ones !!

Thanks G.T.O am planning to visit the service center to get spare parts prices .Meanwhile if anybody has the spares price list please post it.Also have'nt checked the car yet.Planning to go and take a look at it A.S.A.P

Probably G.T.O must have meant the later models....Ya it looks a little old.But i somehow like it's butch and functional looks and anyways am not planning to spend that much money as it would be a used one 7 years old.I am not putting up the price here cos i have not talked to the owner directly and havent seen the vehicle.I was passed this information from a friend of mine in kerala.And the price he was quoting sounded like a steal.Will post more information as soon as i come to know about it.

Good luck with the buying process! Hope it works out in your favor!

a 2000 model, so being an import please check on the shipping documents, bil of entry, bill of lading, road tax paid, e.t.c
Paperwork of any imported vehicle is as important as the conditionit is in.
Also, most Pajros in te country are 93-98 ones.
While at the Pajero, try and find yourself one with the 2800 cc exceed powerplant, most 2.5 litr ones also carry 2800 decals, so careful at this.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 591219)
a 2000 model, so being an import please check on the shipping documents, bil of entry, bill of lading, road tax paid, e.t.c
While at the Pajero, try and find yourself one with the 2800 cc exceed powerplant, most 2.5 litr ones also carry 2800 decals, so careful at this.

manson.

Manson that was some very useful info.Thanks for that.Will check up the documents with someone who knows about imported vehicle documentation.Also will keep in mind the 2.8 L vs 2.5 L .Will check up the vehicle condition with the Mitsubishi service center.And the cost quoted is actually making me think twice bout it as it is below market price.Will post update as soon as i get more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 591219)

manson.

agree:

since you mentioned that the car is below the market value you should also check if the car is not an accident repaired car. if it is a turbo then the turbo is functional and not that it needs replacement.
you should either take the car to get checked up at the mitsubishi workshop or take a mechanic from there to see the car. it would cost you little but atleast you know your safe. the papers of the car can be checked by you itself as everything is mentioned on it. date of manufacture, date of entry and duty paid. everything is stamped so you would not require a special person to check it for you. this is very important as if you do decide to buy the car you would not be able to transfer it to your name and there would be an additional levy of a fine with the duty amount that would have to be paid by you.
my cousin has suffered and i would not want anyone else to suffer.
hope things work in your favour

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 591585)
agree:

since you mentioned that the car is below the market value you should also check if the car is not an accident repaired car. if it is a turbo then the turbo is functional and not that it needs replacement.
you should either take the car to get checked up at the mitsubishi workshop or take a mechanic from there to see the car. it would cost you little but atleast you know your safe. the papers of the car can be checked by you itself as everything is mentioned on it. date of manufacture, date of entry and duty paid. everything is stamped so you would not require a special person to check it for you. this is very important as if you do decide to buy the car you would not be able to transfer it to your name and there would be an additional levy of a fine with the duty amount that would have to be paid by you.
my cousin has suffered and i would not want anyone else to suffer.
hope things work in your favour

Yes speedy me 2 have the doubts whether it is an accident vehicle though cant comment unless i see it.Will take ur suggestion of taking a known mechanic from Mitsubishi service centre to inspect.Will take help of friends who own lancers in kerala to identify some good personal contacts in the service center.

@Freewheel Did you buy the Pajero ?

I'm looking for a SUV under 8L and seem to be coming across a lot of Pajs with about 70k on them. Wanted to know if you found a good deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepcdc (Post 3993699)
@Freewheel Did you buy the Pajero ?

I'm looking for a SUV under 8L and seem to be coming across a lot of Pajs with about 70k on them. Wanted to know if you found a good deal

Pajeros being diesels are typically driven a lot. So 70K kms seems to indicate tampered ODO meters for what would essentially be 7-9 year old vehicles.

I presume you are looking at Pajero SFX's of about year 2008 or so. Compared to the Older GLX do go for the SFX.

@acm you are absolutely right. I got one of them checked up by my trusted mechanic. He did find a lot of weird adjustments done.

Got a deal for an endeavor AT 2010 too. Would take a test drive and see if that works. It seems the ford guy has an impeccable record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepcdc (Post 4000630)
@acm you are absolutely right. I got one of them checked up by my trusted mechanic. He did find a lot of weird adjustments done.

Got a deal for an endeavor AT 2010 too. Would take a test drive and see if that works. It seems the ford guy has an impeccable record.

Sir did you finally pick the endeavour or pajero. I am also looking for a suv in used market but find pajeros overpriced compared to endeavour

I picked up a 2007 Pajero last year. And i'm loving it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepcdc (Post 4307897)

Congrats. 2007 was a year of both GLX and SFX, so which one was it and for the purpose of others on the look out at roughly what price. Do post snaps either here on a new thread of your own with a detailed report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor-whiskey (Post 4307154)
Sir did you finally pick the endeavour or pajero. I am also looking for a suv in used market but find pajeros overpriced compared to endeavour

Yep Endy are lower priced than Pajeros of the same year. Pajeros do feel more solid though it is actually easier to maintain an Endeavour in India due to support network of Ford being much better and parts being more easily available. That said I would not recommend either if older than 2007. Further the Pajero Sport was a superior vehicle to the previous generation Endeavour so generally would be priced higher in the resale market.

That said the Pajero Sport was only available either as a 4X2 AT or a 4X4 MT, while we could buy a 4X4 AT Endeavour so it would depend on the requirements. The previous generation Endeavour was quite uncomfortable beyond the front row.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepcdc (Post 4307897)

Sir if you could please share the cost of the vehicle along with some pictures please: