Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 17:10   #31
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice TD report there Rajiv yea i think if not for the stereo, they should have at least provided speakers in the doors. and another thing thats a sore spot is there are no electric ORVMs. apart from these, i'm not really cribbing about the absence of ABS and Air Bags cause it costs almost a lac less than the fiesta. to me, the ford fusion in the diesel guise looked like a really good deal.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

does the diesel also come with 195/60R15. I heard the diesel version had higher profile tyres. I heard thats one aspect that has improved the ride comfort of the diesel version. Anyways. Have you decided? All the best.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
does the diesel also come with 195/60R15. I heard the diesel version had higher profile tyres. I heard thats one aspect that has improved the ride comfort of the diesel version. Anyways. Have you decided? All the best.
Its 195/60R15 in diesel as well. and they look macho

While coming back to home, I went to Tata showroom, Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon, to check the Marina Dicor. But none was available. There was a petrol LX model standing, I had a look at the interiors, which is not very exciting, specially the AC vents are very very cheap quality.

I will get the test drive tomorrow, and will post the same
Old 17th October 2007, 19:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

i think indigo marina is the Car you should go for
and with the money you save(the price diff between the two cars) you can upgrade the interiors of the car to a certain extent aswell.
Old 18th October 2007, 22:27   #35
NIP
Senior - BHPian

went to metro ford to pick up my fusion today. everything was ok till i saw the vehicle. the bonnet lid shut line near the right headlight had some alignment issue...there was an unusually big gap. there were 2 other fusions for delivery and they looked perfectly ok. so made a big noise about it and they are gonna fix it and deliver to my house tomm.

they had the audacity to give me the PDI form with all the check boxes already checked and asked me to sign. then another chap comes up and says ' you take the car today and go to our service station tomm and we'll fix it for you' !! he got the #*!@!##$!! of his life ! why the eff should i take a brand new car to the service station on the second day !!? then he was like 'sorry for saying that sir...i'll get it fixed and deliver to your house tomm"...! lets see what happens tomm....
Old 19th October 2007, 09:21   #36
Team-BHP Support

NIP, if you have noticed many of the forum members have gotten their new Fords from Cauvery, which offers much better service as compared to Metro.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
went to metro ford to pick up my fusion today. everything was ok till i saw the vehicle. the bonnet lid shut line near the right headlight had some alignment issue...there was an unusually big gap. there were 2 other fusions for delivery and they looked perfectly ok. so made a big noise about it and they are gonna fix it and deliver to my house tomm.

they had the audacity to give me the PDI form with all the check boxes already checked and asked me to sign. then another chap comes up and says ' you take the car today and go to our service station tomm and we'll fix it for you' !! he got the #*!@!##$!! of his life ! why the eff should i take a brand new car to the service station on the second day !!? then he was like 'sorry for saying that sir...i'll get it fixed and deliver to your house tomm"...! lets see what happens tomm....
Let those B-A-S-T-A-R-D-S (yes i said that!!) know that they cant get away with all this crap. But in the first place why do we T-Bhp members still go to them for the purchase. This is why they feel they can get away with anything and everything. "Chalta Hai saab!!!"

NIMZ all the best. But please do ensure that you give her for service somewhere else. Will wait ofr your reviews.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Its 195/60R15 in diesel as well. and they look macho

While coming back to home, I went to Tata showroom, Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon, to check the Marina Dicor. But none was available. There was a petrol LX model standing, I had a look at the interiors, which is not very exciting, specially the AC vents are very very cheap quality.

I will get the test drive tomorrow, and will post the same
Any updates.? How did the test drive go.
Old 19th October 2007, 16:03   #39
BHPian

Dont buy Tata car if you can afford a Ford. Tata for pure economic sense and nothing else - too many niggles.. and if its similarly priced- go for ford.
Old 19th October 2007, 17:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
went to metro ford to pick up my fusion today. everything was ok till i saw the vehicle. the bonnet lid shut line near the right headlight had some alignment issue...there was an unusually big gap. there were 2 other fusions for delivery and they looked perfectly ok. so made a big noise about it and they are gonna fix it and deliver to my house tomm. .
Thats SAD, you must be feeling slapping that guy, I can understand the excitement that one have on the delivery day and at the end you get this..
Old 19th October 2007, 17:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Any updates.? How did the test drive go.
I guess Tata are not serious about selling any car other than safari 2.2. Last time, no Marina Dicor for TD, on asking when will the demo available, he said not sure, then to my surprise he said he will look in the service center for any Dicor, You get that, they are talking about a customer car. I am scared. Anyways I suppose to receive a call from them, but still no reply
Old 19th October 2007, 23:44   #42
NIP
Senior - BHPian

got the car today everythings ok....feels fantastic to drive the Fusion !! am off to coorg for a week from tomorrow. will come back and update with a first hand report (btw...driving my scorpio to coorg, not the fusion).
Old 20th October 2007, 09:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
got the car today everythings ok....feels fantastic to drive the Fusion !! am off to coorg for a week from tomorrow. will come back and update with a first hand report (btw...driving my scorpio to coorg, not the fusion).
THought we'd get a real drive experiece on the roads at coorg. All the best. Drive safe.
Old 21st October 2007, 14:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats NIP, I guess good that you are not pushing the car in runin period
Old 21st October 2007, 21:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

It looks like, the more I look at Fusion, the more it looks attractive. And the slow the Tata Dhingra Motors responding, the more I loose interest in Marina. But I will not leave it like that. I have planned to have TD from Him Motors, Delhi, I purchased my Indica from them.

BTW me, wife and daughter visited Harpreet Ford showroom here in Gurgaon. Sales Guy promised for TD of Petrol Fusion and one more look at TDCI. I am surprised to find that the power difference between Petrol and diesel is very less.

Economics are still not favorable for Fusion. After lots of calculations on road price is coming to 700560. After dropping Safari now, I am only budgeting for 6.5 on road.

And 7 lacs mean I can then look at Scorpio 6.99 offer also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks