Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 22:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
got the car today everythings ok....feels fantastic to drive the Fusion !! am off to coorg for a week from tomorrow. will come back and update with a first hand report (btw...driving my scorpio to coorg, not the fusion).
Congratulations once again like I said earlier thats one reaallly underrated vehicle. Lucky Daman ! Heheh

Oh and by the way dude you live in Coorg and visit Bangalore often right?

Old 22nd October 2007, 17:03   #47
BHPian

If mantainance costs are on your mind, forget the ford or else, the fusion is a good buy.
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
If mantainance costs are on your mind, forget the ford or else, the fusion is a good buy.
adheesh, why is it so?, 10K for 2 years of extended warranty, means no troubles for atleast three years, and there is TMP if suits to you.

Also I am getting 14K of corporate discount in the for of extended warranty and 4k of any accessories.

Please provide the information with facts. It does not makes any sense criticizing a product, just in one line

Last edited by rkbharat : 22nd October 2007 at 19:06.
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

rajiv, i've said this on many threads.
-A small reflector that you see on the rear bumper of the fusion (size of a small mobile phone) costs Rs.850/- each. Thats just a feeler of their parts pricing!!
- I've had to change my shock absorber assembly right after 10K and i remember reading something simmilar on other some thread.
The shocks had been making some noise right after completing something like 2K km but the service guys could hear it and rectify it only after i took my extended warranty at the end of 1 yr period!! THis clearly shows that they were waiting for the end of warranty to try to charge me for the shocks.

Just add the cost of extended warranty and TMP to the vehicle. What is the Price you are paying? Is it worth it? And then you need to deal with those people to convince them that there is something wrong and you are not just dreaming of hearing noises!!!!

Of corse i agree the vehicle is really capable. But do you need to pay that kind of money just to enjoy some arrogant behaviour by ford service guys. Common man My TATA service centre gives me more customer care that the fords!!!

If everything goes normal and you just need the regular services things are really good with ford. But if at all something goes wrong. THen i guess it would have been better to deal with TVS while they were spoiling the FIATS.!!!

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd October 2007 at 09:26.
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas, I am getting free extended warranty for 2 years, as corporate offer. I have not done any bargaining yet. Suppose if I manage to get free TMP. how does it looks now ?

BTW I am suprised to hear that you are getting better customer care from TATA than from FORD, after the fact that I own TATA Indica from 2002.

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd October 2007 at 09:53.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
gemithomas, I am getting free extended warranty for 2 years, as corporate offer. I have not done any bargaining yet. Suppose if I manage to get free TMP. how does it looks now ?

BTW I am suprised to hear that you are getting better customer care from TATA than from FORD, after the fact that I own TATA Indica from 2002.
I think the decision could be made simple.

What is the OTR price you would have to pay for the Marina and the Fusion. Also add the costs for ICE, Extended Warranty/TMP etc that are essentials and reduce all discounts that you could get.

If the difference is less than 65-75K i guess you could just go for the fusion. No point in thinking. A FOrd is a FOrd and a Tata is a TAta anyday.
But if the difference is more than that i guess you need to really evaluate this. Let me know the Actual amount that would flow out of your hands. Let decide based on that.

But first of all try getting the test drive on the marina. If you dont like it. The decision is made. Period. Right?

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd October 2007 at 13:07.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:45   #52
BHPian

Marina of Fusion

If you can afford the 10% higher buying cost and 40% higher maintenance cost, buy the more refined ford.

Else the VFM Marina it is
Old 25th October 2007, 13:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from sales person of Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon, that Marina Dicor is available for test drive. Though I showed him my anger for the delay, we have fixed the TD at 5:30 PM today. Will post the report

BTW, I just had a feedback of Fusion from a senior guy in my Org, and he is very happy with the car. he owns petrol and is also happy with service provided by Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. He purchased Skoda Octavia and kept Fusion as second car.

Last edited by rkbharat : 25th October 2007 at 13:20.
Old 27th October 2007, 22:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

TD of Marina

went to Dhingra motors today for TD of Marina Dicor today. Boot and seats looks good, but I was killed to observe that the quality of AC vents has gone down, even from my 6 yr old Indica. very very cheap and has gone more cheap. there are lots of space for storage, and very well arranged.

Ok regarding the drive, in 1st and second gear, below 2000 RPM, pickup is just better than non dicor or turbo. Its after 2K rpm, when I felt the power. But I am not really impressed with the power. It was no way near Fusion

sales guy did not allowed me to TD it oh highway, may be because was a delivery vehicle and not a TD car.

But anyway, as the first impression was not good, my mood was down for any further TD.

But the story does not end here. looking at the price I was more confused about the car.

Marina LX Dicor:
Showroom Price : 600805
Insurance: 17738
Reg : 9500
TRC : 650

On Road : 628693

Discount :

Dealer Discount and finance discount: 31000
Loyality Bonus : 10000
Corporate Dis : 4000

Total Discount : 45000

Final onroad : 583693

Loan amount : 4 Lacs

Down Payment: 183693

Now isn't that impressive and unbeatable...

Fusion is 7 lacs on road after all discounts : steap 1.2 lacs higher from Marina.

Last edited by rkbharat : 27th October 2007 at 22:21.
Old 30th October 2007, 17:54   #55
NIP
Senior - BHPian

rkbharath...the only deciding factor here is your budget. comparing marina to fusion is comparing apples to oranges. fusion is built to perfection and has a solid euro feel to it...not like the rackety bucket of bolts that the marina is. if i were you, the marina wouldn't be on my list at all...i'd rather look at a swift ddis or getz crdi. just my 2 bits...different strokes for different folks
Old 30th October 2007, 19:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hey NIP, how was the trip. hope to see the pics of your Fusion soon

BTW I do not think comparing Marina and Fusion is like comparing Oranges with Apple. Its like comparing Indian apple with Imported apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
if i were you, the marina wouldn't be on my list at all...i'd rather look at a swift ddis or getz crdi. just my 2 bits...different strokes for different folks
if you see my earlier posts, there is a solid reason for keeping marina in the list. remember I said, I need good boot space, but 5 people seating space is ok. Swift, Getz does not fit there. Both of them have very less boot space, even lesser than my Indica.

Last edited by rkbharat : 30th October 2007 at 19:31.
Old 30th October 2007, 21:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

so what is the decision bharat. any developments?
Old 30th October 2007, 21:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
so what is the decision bharat. any developments?
Marina is out of the list now, so its Fusion. Now I am on the bargaining mode. I have told Sales Guy that I am not in hurry, so you decide.

I am getting 14K of corporate discount. Out which I can go for 2 yrs TMP. Though I will ask him to add alloy or Music System and other stuff like, mud flap, carpets etc.
Old 30th October 2007, 22:20   #59
BHPian

RK you also did consider the Bad Service Support from Ford in NCR unless things have really changed and more dealerships for Ford are in market,earlier the Monopoly created Issues.. But then, the car is pretty good,should not be much of a problem for a long time.
Just curious, Would you have looked at the Base Innova or Base Safari ( Non Dicor) could have just touched your range.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 30th October 2007 at 22:21.
Old 30th October 2007, 23:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
RK you also did consider the Bad Service Support from Ford in NCR unless things have really changed and more dealerships for Ford are in market,earlier the Monopoly created Issues.. But then, the car is pretty good,should not be much of a problem for a long time.
Just curious, Would you have looked at the Base Innova or Base Safari ( Non Dicor) could have just touched your range.
wolfinstein... I have got some good feedback for Harpreet Ford Services...still no guarantee

Base Innova G1 is 7.54 Lakh Ex Shooroom. But it does not have lots of basic feature. Also as this will be my primary car and 60% I will be driving alone, I just don't think it will be good idea to drive such a big empty car.

For Safari, thats my dream car, no reason can be good against this car for me. But TDIC, is not worth, 3.0L LX Dicor is today launched at price of 6.89 Lacs. But I guess it does not make any sense to buy 3.0 @ 110bhp when we have 2.2L @ 140bhp very refined. This one is the first car I TD. But 2.2 Ex is costing 9.3Lacs on road. Bit to high. Lx is costing 8.3 Lacs on road. And EX is the best version to buy. I really do not want to go for any lower end model and compromise on basic features like, defogger, rear wiper, proper AC ventilation etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks