Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 12:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Please help!...Marina Dicor OR Ford Fusion TDCI 1.4

Hi All,

I am in a big time confusion now, with lots of bad news/opinion/feedback for QC of new Safari 2.2. I guess its not a very good idea to put my hand on 2.2 for any where near next 6 months, and aagaas wait will start for X2 after that, you know, its coming, its coming.. too much...

I have Indica 90K Km driven and I need a replacement badly. I do long drive once in 4 month, mostly in Himachal and Uttaranchal and Rajasthan.

At present , I am not looking for more seating space (1+4 is ok at present), but looking for more luggage space. As I have 5 month old daughter, traveling with us from now on.

I always liked Marina because its space, and in a bit different class. Fusion is also a good alternate

I think Fusion is good at interior, drive comfort, Ground Clearance but 6.6 Lacs Ex Show Room is too high. Though AD in yesterday's TOI says special offer for corporates.

For Marina, I am pretty much ok with rear shape, against the dislikes of other, interior is good, I have driven TD and it was good. I have no idea about he drive comfort for Dicor though, 6,00,807 Ex ShowRoom, is a good price.

I have to test drive both the vehicles yet.

I am getting 1.5 Lacs for my Indica, and if I add 50K more I will only have to arrange finance for 4.5 Lacs.

I am solid fan of Safari, but I am really confused for its 2.2 and I am not sure about any point postponing the purchase completely and stick to my old Indica for some more time.
Old 15th October 2007, 12:42   #2
BHPian

You need the economy of a diesel with a spacious boot at a good price, the obvious contender is the Tata Indigo (sedan/estate). For 80k to 1 lac more you get the Logan, which should suit your needs perfectly. If I'm not entirely mistaken, the Logan sells for around the same price as the Fusion D.

If price is so important a consideration and you have no complaints with Tata vehicles (being an extensive owner yourself) then go for the Indigo. If your budget can be stretched, I would recommend the Logan - it offers good quality, loads of space, a boot and excellent fuel economy, all with the benefits of a modern diesel engine.

PS: I too think the Fusion D is overpriced.
Old 15th October 2007, 12:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rajiv, I would not recommend a Marina - Indigo yes, but Marina my friend looks too much like a taxi / Odd Looker !!

Fusion on the other hand is quite good - worth the extra 60k. Gem of an engine.

Another very good option for you to consider is the Logan Diesel Mid Variant ( about 6 Lacs OTR ) - Very spacious and good room for 4 + 1.

Also you get good luggage space as the Boot is quite Big. Trust me, the car is very good. Also the FE of Logan is the highest in the country at the moment. One Car Magazine quoted it even higher than Swift Diesel / Fiesta.

TD one and decide. Of course the decision is yours entirely !!! Cheers !! Varun Kochar
Old 15th October 2007, 12:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks VKochar, reason for not recommending Marina is just looks, or something else like performance, drive comfort etc.

I agree with you Fusion is very good, and was always on my mind, from the first time it was launched 4 yrs back.

I am looking for more like a Station wagon kind of car, and Logan is not of that kind. I mean no Sedan.

I am in process of arranging TD for both, will post report here. Just waiting for other feedback so that I keep them in mind while going for TD.
Old 15th October 2007, 12:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well No reason in particular for Marina - To be honest I have never driven one before, but will assume it drives like the Indigo - which is a fine vehicle. So yes, Looks are the main point, BUT since you have said looks are digestable, so it should be fine.

Fusion I would think would be better as I have driven it a few days back.

Logan - Ok - so you mainly need a Station Wagon sort and not Sedan.

So I suppose you got 2 options which you have already mentioned. TD both and see which one suits.
Old 15th October 2007, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Marina is a good car and looks really nice in darker colours.

Check the TDI version as well. Not much different in performance from Dicor and you get it for 50K less. Also, bargain hard since marinas do not sell as well as indigos and there are good discounts going on.

As a car, teh only thing I dont like in the indigo/marina is the driving position and placement of pedals. If you ar ecomfortable with that ( u have driven an Indica for 90k so i am guessing that you are comfortable with teh driving position- then take a TD and decide.

between the fusion and the Marina, I would choose the Marina- the fusion is too con-fused IMHO and grossly overpriced, though a better engineered can than the marina.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 15th October 2007 at 13:20.
Old 15th October 2007, 13:11   #7
Team-BHP Support

You need a boot I guess. Fusion has a boot which is marginally bigger than that of a getz. So if you are looking to carry luggage + pram for your daughter, fusion does not fit the bill.
so ideally choose between the Indigo dicor and the Ford fiesta.
Ford is a better car than the indigo, but indigo is better VFM. So you have to choose what you want.

In this segment there is also the Logan, though in the sphere of quality I seriously doubt of a Renault Vehicle will be better than a Tata.
Old 15th October 2007, 13:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
so ideally choose between the Indigo dicor and the Ford fiesta.
Tanveer, I am looking for Station Wagon and not Sedan, as per personal liking I will go Marina any day instead of Indigo Sedan.

BTW do we get FIAT Adventure these days, or its phased out

Last edited by rkbharat : 15th October 2007 at 14:01.
Old 15th October 2007, 14:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv: This is what i understand

1. You NEED a good BOOT.
2. Price range should preferably be below 7L OTR
3. You are not a TATA hater (yes there are some who just hate TATA vehicles!!)
4. You need a Diesel.

Well. With this kind of needs i think you have made the right choice. I personally feel the Marina looks far better that the Indigo Sedan. The amount of space you get inside the vehicle is really good. The price too is pretty attractive. But i would also suggest that you test drive the TDi version too. I've heard its good enough for the Marina. You also have some extra money to save which you could invest in some good alloys or some ICE. The only negatives here would be that ou might not feel like sitting in a new car. I guess most of the fittings come from the Indica.

If you plan to stretch your budget. I'd say try the logan Diesel. Its a very practical car. Good ride. Really Good Space. And Tremendous F.E figures.

THe Fusion Diesel is too heavily priced for the kind of service they give you and the price of spare parts. You wont even get that exhilerating feel that you get on the petrol version. SO i dont see anything much to cry about this diesel big-hatch!!

On the other hand. If at all you are interested. This might be a time when you can grab one of those 3L Safaris from owners who are upgrading to the 2.2L. You could later on sell this one and get the 2.2L once the "Test Drives" are over!!!

All the best and drive safe
Old 15th October 2007, 14:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Rajiv: This is what i understand

1. You NEED a good BOOT.
2. Price range should preferably be below 7L OTR
3. You are not a TATA hater (yes there are some who just hate TATA vehicles!!)
4. You need a Diesel.
Right on the spot, I must say gemithomas. just two additions. No Sedan and No 2nd Hand car. so its like :

1. NEED a good BOOT.
2. Price range should preferably be below 7L OTR (For Station Wagon)
3. not a TATA hater (NOT AT ALL)
4. Need a Diesel.
5. No Sedan, only Station Wagon or Truck
6. No 2nd Hand.

May be I am going by heart, once 2.2 is out, I am finding it difficult to convince myself to buy an older version, new or 2nd hand.

Logan is a sedan, so not in my list, though its a good car
Old 15th October 2007, 14:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hold on a sec, brother - just an interesting koshun for you:
a. You go on long drives once in three-four months ie you don't need to stress your Indica's load capacity fully more often than that. Normally i'm sure you would manage with Indica currently, would you not?
b. I don't recall reading that anywhere, but if Indigo would come with the Fiat Multijet engine (Indica new version is coming, so indigo should also be upgraded) - or who knows even the swift sedan could come with multijet.

Just hang in there for a little while, you could have lots of intersting options your way pretty soon.
Old 15th October 2007, 14:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

The Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi is a good car under 80-100 Kmph.. But the need for power higher up is felt very much..

It touches 120 after sometime..but the plus is it is more fuel efficient..and NVH is good..

The Indigo Marina is a great car..and has better rough use ability than the Ford!
Old 15th October 2007, 14:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
a. You go on long drives once in three-four months ie you don't need to stress your Indica's load capacity fully more often than that. Normally i'm sure you would manage with Indica currently, would you not?
b. I don't recall reading that anywhere, but if Indigo would come with the Fiat Multijet engine (Indica new version is coming, so indigo should also be upgraded) - or who knows even the swift sedan could come with multijet.
Though my Indica is doing OK if not great, but at 90K KM I am finding it difficult to trust on long drives specially on Hills. But you are true that it happens in 3-4 months. so I can atleast wait for 5 month on this point

On the other hand, I am not sure what kind of maintenance work may creep up after 90K KM in my Indica.
Also the more I delay the decision, more difficult it will be to sell my current Indica at some decent price.

And last but not the least, I am too bored and tired of driving a diesel car which neither Tubor nor CRDI or Dicor. Guess I need the change...
Old 16th October 2007, 10:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

@rk : I have bought the Dicor Marina and you can search the thread out and see the details. IMHO Marina is a good VFM and is sturdy enough for hauling heavy luggage over great distances without much of a whimper. You can check the pics too in the gallery.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@rk : I have bought the Dicor Marina and you can search the thread out and see the details. IMHO Marina is a good VFM and is sturdy enough for hauling heavy luggage over great distances without much of a whimper. You can check the pics too in the gallery.
wanderernomad, I was expecting a reply from you, yours gallery and thread is the first I checked for Marina.. Couple of questions for your.

1. How is your experience driving in it on hills, wit 4+1 people on board.
2. How is Highway drive.
3. What is the fuel economy per ltr, both Delhi & Highway
4. Any mechanical/electrical issue as of yet.
5. Is it worth going for SX. following are extra in SX
Height adjustable driver`s seat
VCD Player with MP3: with Headrest mounted LCD screens
Engine Compartment Lamp
Gun Metal - New Pattern for Console & AC Fascia.
6. Do you find it fun driving on Highway, or feel dragging to overtake, like I do in my old Indica

Your inputs will be invaluable and will help in my direction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks