Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 16:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Just had a stupid question! Who is going to drive the vehicle? Dog or some oneelse. Please note that the car should be comfortable enough for both. Magnum is good but the size and actions of the dog may distract the driver and can cause serious injury to both. I would vote for the Innova with the 3rd row of seats removed to create more space for the Doggie.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:33   #47
BHPian

Innova

My vote : Innova

1. The dog will fit into any car; provided it is not moving..this is not the case
2. If the dog jumps around from front to back on the seats, the window buttons, etc...the spares of skoda will set you back
3. Safari and Scorpio are good, but the quality of plastics used inside are not of good quality, so...the spares again. Then there is Versa too..but quite narrow.
4. Innova has good space between the seats and the roof...so it would be comfortable for the dog as well for anyone else. When maintained well, the innova does not set a hole in the purse. Since you have this huge dog and are bothered about it so much, I am sure you would maintain the car well.

Time for you to decide...
Old 25th October 2007, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

how about ford fusion ?. Very good AC, Enough Rear boot to carry big dog, and you have 40-60 split seats in middle row, for more flexibility
Old 25th October 2007, 20:52   #49

Well i am all set to check out the Innova and Safari...Its just that i get this very 'taxi'ish feeling with the Innova :(

I am in love with the Skoda but i guess i really need to consider the feedback i have received.

Has anyone taken their dog/s on an intercity drive?? what kind of Dons and Don't shud we have in mind?
Old 25th October 2007, 20:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for aadix to post here. They have about 10 dogs at home. Forgot about travelling even when resting at home the big boys are thrown in to Safari when someone like me is visiting them (big dogs scare me )
Old 25th October 2007, 21:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
how about ford fusion ?. Very good AC, Enough Rear boot to carry big dog, and you have 40-60 split seats in middle row, for more flexibility
rkbharat, the fusion boot is not meant for a big dog. They need a bit more space to stretch out. Look at what lamborghini did - bought his dog an Octavia Combi!

You learn something new all the time on team-bhp. ''Doggles'' is the latest!

Angelo, do keep us posted on your car of choice and possibly even a test drive (read: dog drive)
Old 26th October 2007, 09:38   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Well i am all set to check out the Innova and Safari...Its just that i get this very 'taxi'ish feeling with the Innova :(

I am in love with the Skoda but i guess i really need to consider the feedback i have received.

Has anyone taken their dog/s on an intercity drive?? what kind of Dons and Don't shud we have in mind?
i would suggest the innova between the two simple because
1) it has ac vents even for the last row. your st bernard is gonna need them.
2) youve mentioned the car is gonna be self driven. i think you would find the innova easier to drive than the safari.

anyway lets see what you decide on after the test drives.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I know the Innova does feel very Taxi- ish especially if a Girl / Lady is driving it. I mean after all 80 % of the Innova's are Chauffer Driven.

BUT if you get a Black / Silver Innova with Tints and all, there is nothing more better than this car. Also the advantage of the rear AC Vents will be a boon for the pooch.

It is also surprisingly one of the easiest vehicles to drive. So ANgelo why don't you TD one and check it out yrself. Else you can always go for the Skoda.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:34   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey TSK, this is for dropping concrete block on Palio
A gentle warning from a Palio owner.
Well, I started a thread with a post similiar to TSK - i.e. a humourous
dig at Fiat Palio fanboi's & I ended up with a "Profile Infraction" - 5 points for "Creating useless and flaming threads" :-)
Old 29th October 2007, 12:34   #55

Hi there,

I checked out the Innova, Safari, Scorpio and Indigo Marina over the weekend.

Innova seemed to be good in terms of space and the middle and rear seats fold completely so it has good room for the dog. The Dashboard is pathetic! for a 11 lakh car its pits...

Safari was amazing..but too intimidating! I dunno if i will be able to drive it in a city like Hyd.

Indigo Marina is spacious but no rear vents for the AC.

Guys this is becoming a tough call..

Will take a decision by this weekend...
Old 29th October 2007, 13:03   #56
Team-BHP Support

Safari LX has rear AC wents and costs around 7.5 ex showroom. EX will cost around 9 and you get a roof AC too.
Plastic quality will be more horrendous than Innova.
As for driving, it is not that much bigger than the innova, just looks much bigger.
Old 29th October 2007, 13:17   #57
Team-BHP Support

Make sure you buy a car that doesn't have a spare wheel visible where the dog stands / sits. Or you've had it.
Old 29th October 2007, 13:26   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post

Pl start a new thread for that topic under Shifting Gears since it doesnt pertain to a car choice anymore to be discussed under What Car. I'll respond there with my inputs.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:28   #59
BHPian

If you find the Safari intimidating, the Innova would be a pain. You'll never know whats happening with the rear of your car.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:41   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
If you find the Safari intimidating, the Innova would be a pain. You'll never know whats happening with the rear of your car.
have you driven one to say that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks