Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2004, 11:44   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys...i had read about the new CRV on the bsmotoring website sometime back... well we need to get another SUV.. as we always buy all cars two ..i have already gotten an Endeavour so my dad wants to get another one now but if any of u guys know or can find out if the Diesel CRV is due to come out soon pls let me know as i would rather get that than another endeavour but if its not i will get another endeavour for sure so i also need to know if any of u guys have seen any new colors in the endeavour or any new model? Coz i am currently in new york studying so i dont know wats the scene in bombay tried going to the www.india.ford.com website but it doesnt open. I know that there is a Silver,Oyster and black colors avaible when i got my car in Jan. I dont want to get another silver for sure and my dad wouldnt want a black so i think we will get the Oyster as that looks pretty good too but if there is a good new color would rather get that.
10x for the help guys

Old 11th October 2004, 12:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

sahil
as of now no diesel crv is planned
honda may launcha manual version but i guess that would be it for now
the endevour colours have not changed and i guess oyster looks quite good
how about a review of the car
Old 11th October 2004, 12:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thnx for the quick response man... I had read about it on the bsmotoring website so i thought it would be out soon ..its suppose to be a diesel turbo very powerfull engine spec dont remember exactly,had a few changes on the exterior and interior look,tried finding the link but i couldnt..
About the endeavour review... i am just to lazy to put up a review for any of my cars man ... specially after seeing all the detailed reviews that u guys put up... Anyways i think my decision to get another endeavour say it all...that i am happy with the car otherwise i wouldnt go in for another one. Well just to sum up a few notes abt the car ...it give me an avg of around 8ish in the city with the a/c... turbo ticks in at 2200rpm and when it *does u can really feel the pump the engine gets ...i love that feel of the turbo... Those huge tyres blast up all the broken roads but when it comes to high speed breakers the rear last seat gets really bumps thats one part of the car i which was the different...a little wider seat like the qualis and bit raise and less bumps would be perfect,but anyways barely anyone sits at the back most of the time so its alright.The music system was bad the one u get in the ikon... i put in a pioneer system with cd changer ..and a roof top screen to watch movies. The air conditioning is top notch.Service has been good uptill now with wasan ford. And i left the best for last.... the top speed... i touch 180kmph thats toucch downn on the speedo! and the car was rock solid at that speed. Well there u go thats my small little lazy review on my endeavour *

Old 11th October 2004, 13:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you look at the Grand Vitara. There' s no Petrol engined SUV in India that can come close to this one in terms of performance. Dunno much about the handling, but it sure does look like it handles well.

The 4 speed auto CRV is pretty quick too. 100 comes up in 12.37 secs compared to the 10 odd secs for the M/T Vitara. So my guess is that if Honda launches a 5 speed M/T CRV, it could well be able to match the Vitara in terms of acceleration and moreover, the CRV is car like, in handling too.

Shan2nu

Old 11th October 2004, 13:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

even i havent heard of a diesel crv. but u cud look at the crv if ur only gonna use it for driving abt town and the city.

the endeavor looks good.....in any color maan and since ur happy with the earlier one and have no probs with service , u cud take another endeavor. but driving 2 giants in and abt town can get tiring , so maybe just for a change u can take a crv. can t go wrong with either of the cars
Old 11th October 2004, 13:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not looking for out and out performance... The endeavour is mostly driven by the driver... i generally use the accord ...sometimes the endeavour ... Not looking out for a petrol SUV ... Diesel all the way for me when it comes to an SUV coz that what is used most for long distance running...all the rest of the cars r petrol and give shit average so need something to balance it out i guess ... The vitara is a good car.. i have driven it ... a good frnd of mine has it but he still loves my endeavour hands down compared to his car... coz in an SUV performance is not the biggest factor...comfort,space,economy also play a vital role. The vitara is pretty quick but it can seat only 5 people and cost as much as an v6 accord...I would rather get the v6 ...vitara is totally not worth it.
Old 11th October 2004, 19:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Honda is coming up with a CRV Diesel having that CTDi engine or something like that... andi think its from the diesel Accord. Dont know about it being launched in India..lets hope!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks