Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2004, 10:50   #1
Team-BHP Support

CRV Vs Endeavour

Price will not be a criteria, Pros N Cons

Old 17th December 2004, 11:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you're not looking at not going off road and can do with a petrol engine, its the CRV which is more car like to drive. But if youre looking for a true beast with amazing off road capabilities with decent performance and a diesel engine it the Ford. The Ford has awesome road presence and no one will mess with you on the streets

My personal choice : The Endeavor

Dippy
Old 17th December 2004, 11:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

My choice: The Ford Endeavor

simply because its huge and like Dippy said Road Presence. Its got those huge tyres too and it is very good for off-roading and above all very very comfortable. Well thats what I felt during the Ford Test Drive. I love the Honda CRV too, but would stick to the Endeavor in comparison.
Old 17th December 2004, 11:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

I saw Endevours making mincemeat of roads which slowed my Vtec to 30km/h. CRV are town cars meant for bad citiy roads
Old 17th December 2004, 11:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

These cars are meant for different purposes and run on diff types of fuel. So, it would make no sense comparing them.

While the CR-V is like an Accord with space, the Ford is a SUV. It's not the perfect offroader but the best among the ones sold in India.

I'm no offroading fan, so the CR-V for me. With a 152bhp engine and a 0-100 time of 9.83 secs, it pretty much has everything i expect from it.

But, it still doesn't make sense havng this comparo.

Shan2nu
Old 17th December 2004, 11:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But, it still doesn't make sense havng this comparo.
Well, it does actually, because buyers for these vehicles would almost always compare the 2 when they are shopping around.

The Ford is larger, more imposing, and has loads of presence. And its cheaper as well. However its ride is not as good as the CRV's, and its basically a crude, body on frame design.

The CRV is great for the city, is very comfortable, is fast and is gonna be as reliable as any Honda out there. But, to call it an offroader is pushing it. As Shn2 best described it, an Accord with more space and flexibility.

For me, I prefer the Ford only because of its presence! In this segment, thats what matters to me I guess!

Rt
Old 17th December 2004, 11:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

my choice:none of these,but the forrester.
Old 17th December 2004, 11:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

since the thread is already started, it should've at least included a poll....
Old 17th December 2004, 13:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

Ford my pick, because i would prefer a proper SUV, with my lifestyle, its bumpy, its diesel its a slog at low revs but thats k coz i know how to use a oil burner.

Crv its a D segment car, wrong comparison?? sorry i disagree, i was talking from a regular urban indian who can afford the price and gets the feel good feeling of an SUV.
Well am not the buyer in this case, but my big bro, he fell in love the moment he rode CRV, why? its easy to use like a car lol..

Good engine, good ride, but dont think of taking out to a forest, habitat suited is urban jungle, as usual its.. how should i put it.. hmm delicate.. yeah it will pamper u with auto climate control, CD/Tape/Radio combo.. and guess what come Jan 1 it will be parked along with my Ikon lol.. at least we are getting the manual tranny

ps: sorry was in a hurry couldnt find the poll button lol

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2004 at 13:05.
Old 17th December 2004, 13:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, you cant compare a offroader with a softroader. It's like comparing the Scorpio with the NHC, Accent and Ikon, which is actually happening according to the Mahindra ads.

People should be more focused when they buy a car. First thing, you should decide whether you want an offroader, softroader, sedan, coupe, hatchback etc. After you've selected one category, then start looking out for you desired vehicle (within your budget range).

Shan2nu
Old 17th December 2004, 13:59   #11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

if u wanna drive smooth only on the roads here n have the luxury car feel then the crv(has the power too) but if ure the kinda guy whos looking seriously at space and power to offroad then the endeavour
Old 17th December 2004, 14:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Endeavour for me... i guess i am baist coz i own two of them and am very happy with both.
After getting the first one me and my family were sold on it....its sheer value for money... then when it came time when we needed a 2nd SUV i did give the CRV a thought but then again the Endeavour won against it ...coz for me the point of getting an SUV is for long distances, hence it should be diesel..cheaper to run and for those weekend get aways must have the last row setting which onces again the CRV lacks... Size,cheap to run r my criteria's for an SUV and hence endeavour wins hands down to the CRV
Old 17th December 2004, 16:48   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If I want a car, I'll just go and buy an accord instead of an SUV thats actually a car.

For me, its the Endeavour. Its based on a truck and not a sedan (Huge +++), its rugged (SUVs are a must for Indian broken highways), diesel and has tons more character. Its absolutely apt for what Indian driving conditions have to offer!

With the family expanding, I seriously need something that can accomodate more than 5 people.

GTO
Old 18th December 2004, 01:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

With the family expanding, I seriously need something that can accomodate more than 5 people.

GTO
Haha... i can see that one.

Jokes apart, the Endeavour is the better option out of the two. Besides size, the running costs and torque abilities of a diesel and the fact that it can take punishment better than the CR-V makes it an ideal buy.

The CR-V has become quite a good proposition now with 16 inch rims and more power, still it doesn't make the cut here. As Shan2nu pointed it out, its a more spacious Accord at best. And yes, the money that you save on the Endeavour alone should make you head to the Ford showroom right away.

Though not here, if i am to transport a family of four with offroading ability to boot while still being able to take corners with aplomb, i'd pick the Forrester. Eyes wide shut!

Revvmaster
Old 18th December 2004, 14:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

The ford off course .....an absolute beast !! loads of presence and good off roading capability too....

and yeah people here do compare cars based on prices and not what they need it for.....

but if u plan offroading once a year - forget the ford get the crv.

my choice - FORD ENDEAVOR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks