Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 11:28   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The website is correct. I have a 2 week old Diamond White Scorpio SLE 7 seater, and the features you've listed above are not present in it. However, IMO, all of them are of novelty value at best, except the Micro Hybrid feature. That's why SLE made more VFM sense to me.
+1 to that. The SLE with airbags today makes the most sensible buy in the entire range unless you want a four wheel drive. Also like it is mentioned, opt for insurance from someone outside and you will end up saving quite some amount.

In addition, do not opt for any coatings/polishes/covers etc unless they are given to you free of cost by the dealer. Even the ICE is better and cheaper when purchased outside.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:54   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
+1 to that. The SLE with airbags today makes the most sensible buy in the entire range unless you want a four wheel drive. Also like it is mentioned, opt for insurance from someone outside and you will end up saving quite some amount.

In addition, do not opt for any coatings/polishes/covers etc unless they are given to you free of cost by the dealer. Even the ICE is better and cheaper when purchased outside.
Thanks for clearing the confusion guys. I was arguing with my dad a while ago that these were not present in SLE but he insisted that the quotation given by dealer says it has them.
Well the budget was never a problem as we had initially planned to get a Innova but then Xylo & Scorpio was much better except the comfort & interiors of Innova.
So looks like the dealer is trying to take us for a ride with the false promises. Anyhow my dad is visiting the dealer by evening to confirm these details. Also is there any model called SLE+ , it mentioned in the quote given . I am not going to opt for coating/polishes etc even if they give it for free. I feel the vechicle is better off without them.
The insurance + registration(5K) will be done by us and not the dealer and I had informed them to take off these costs from the quote as they were not providing any offers when compared to Xylo . I am hopeful that the booking will be made today evening after a long decision period from Nov'09.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremethunder View Post
Also is there any model called SLE+ , it mentioned in the quote given.
Don't think so. SLE comes in just 1 form: SLE. The only variation in it is either a 7 seater configuration or a 8 seater configuration. SLE+ may be a homegrown version of the stock SLE, with some additional accessories fitted by the dealer.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 15th March 2010 at 12:15.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:58   #19

Quote:
Don't think so. SLE comes in just 1 form: SLE. The only variation in it is either a 7 seater configuration or a 8 seater configuration. SLE+ may be a homegrown version of the stock SLE, with some additional accessories fitted by the dealer.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram.

Spoke to the dealer and they say that SLE+ is nothing but VLX without air bags. So its all the marketing crap done by the dealers . I am hoping to have the VLX booked by evening . Will post the final price after negotiations if any by evening.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SLE - 859690+73775+244417 = 957882
VLX-HE - 988688+84095+27580 = 1100363

So I need help from you guys so as to find who is right either the Dealer or the Scorpio website ?
Quote:
Just as an aside: I saved almost 7.5k on the insurance by doing it independently, rather than opting for the dealer quote. You might think about that, if you're on a tight budget like I was.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Xtremethunder : The prices mentioned by you are some 50k+ lower than what M&M dealer mentioned in the booklet given to us here in Bangalore last weekend for the auto expo. Price mentioned for SLE it was around 10.3 Lac. But that was including ICE and floor matts and all. So minus that still the on road price will be around 10lac as per dealer here. Are they giving you any discount or does the price between Bangalore and Chennai differ so much?
Regarding features, yes completely agree. Me and my friend asked the dealer about difference between SLE and VLX and he just said micro hybrid and tyretronics but M&M site mentiones a lot more, just dealer ignornce i guess.
And 'comfortablynumb' the price diffrence for insurance you mentioned from dealer compared to those made direct is really huge. Thanks for that info, will check that out for sure.
I was on lookout for an used scorpio, but now having an idea of going out for a new one itself. I will be using if mostly for out of town trip and will be keeping with me for atleast 5-6 years, but the cost of SLE making me think twice. My budget was in 8- 8.5lakh
Old 17th March 2010, 11:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi Xtremethunder : I was on lookout for an used scorpio, but now having an idea of going out for a new one itself. I will be using if mostly for out of town trip and will be keeping with me for atleast 5-6 years, but the cost of SLE making me think twice. My budget was in 8- 8.5lakh
The M&M website says that the ex-showroom price for SLE in Hyd is Rs.874,598. It may be a little more than that in the latest price list; verify what it is by calling the M&M toll free number. Add RTO charges (reg'n + road tax + "miscellaneous"), extended warranty, insurance to that and you have your on road price. I don't think it should reach 10.5 lacs! Tell the dealer that you are not interested in any accessories etc. Get them done from outside; it'll be a lot cheaper. Of course, this is if you decide to go for a new SLE; else the LX variant is also a good bet, and will fit in your budget.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th March 2010, 11:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SLE - 859690+73775+244417 = 957882
VLX-HE - 988688+84095+27580 = 1100363
XtremeThunder,

Of the two places in your profile, from where are you taking the vehicle?

Quote:
Hi Xtremethunder : The prices mentioned by you are some 50k+ lower than what M&M dealer mentioned in the booklet given to us here in Bangalore last weekend for the auto expo...
We people in Bangalore are privileged to paying more for social causes in way of the highest road tax and a few more topping on that.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:02   #23

@mpksuhas : There were strictly no discounts/offers for Scropio be it SLE or VLX AT unlike the Xylo which comes with free insurance & extended warranty. I have the quotation with me from Shiva Automobiles at Trichy. It may differ slightly from chennai due to registration & handling fees but not high as 50K.

@HappyWheels : I am taking the delivery at Trichy.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:08   #24
BHPian

@xtremethunder: I bought a SLE last April and was in a similar dilemma. But if you carefully compare the specs of VLX and SLE, you will find that apart from the Airbags, the others features are just gimmicks. SO i went in for SLE. That gave me an option to install my own ICE as well. Mahindra's is just OK. And for the money saved, you can go in for Alloys also if you are into looks as well and will still save a lot of money.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@comfortablynumb : yes, thats what; was taken aback on seeing the pricing. Infact I have moved to Bangalore from Hyderabd couple of weeks back ( just now updated the location in TBHP) and here as per M&M website ex-showroom price of SLE is 851,346; also as you said LX also a good option only that it doesnt have ABS. Thats the only reason me was thinking of SLE

@Happywheels : Yes completely agree on paying more for social causes and ending up waiting in traffic jam.

@Xtremethunder : Ok, so you will be taking delivery of vehicle from Trichy. Could you please let know how much was the on road price there ?
Old 17th March 2010, 15:58   #26

Quote:
@Xtremethunder : Ok, so you will be taking delivery of vehicle from Trichy. Could you please let know how much was the on road price there ?
Yes, but not Xylo E8 not a Scorpio.
Scorpio was vetoed after the comfort/space offered by Xylo was much better. I went for Xylo because the vechicle would be predominantly used by my family .

Scorpio LX vs SLX-sle.jpg

SLE Price attached above. Let me know if you want prices for other models as well.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....also as you said LX also a good option only that it doesnt have ABS. Thats the only reason me was thinking of SLE..
More than ABS, the lack of rear washer and wiper in LX was a no-no for me. It comes in mighty handy not only in the rainy season, but on dusty roads as well.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th March 2010, 17:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

@All Prospective Scorpio Owners: While taking the quotation, please check it properly as the dealers add about 50k into the price as standard accessories. Now these standard accessories are anything but standard and includes something like 12.5k for bullbar, 2.5k for chrome , dual a/c , seat covers and what not. So just have a look before you place your order
Old 18th March 2010, 10:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@All Prospective Scorpio Owners: While taking the quotation, please check it properly as the dealers add about 50k into the price as standard accessories. Now these standard accessories are anything but standard and includes something like 12.5k for bullbar, 2.5k for chrome , dual a/c , seat covers and what not. So just have a look before you place your order
Yes, in the price list given in bangalore there were a break up for some 17k for 'standard accessories', around 13 for ICE and all. But even after subtracting all that somehow the price was still around 10lac range.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

@Xtremethunder : So you got a Xylo instead? Did you take the delivery of is there a waiting period ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks