Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:24   #1

Scorpio LX vs SLX

Hello,

I have almost finalized Scorpio as my next car. I know there have been a lot of discussions around Safari vs Scorpio, and I just cant seem to look away from Scorpio. Now I am struggling with the value delivered for the price of SLX vs LX which is priced atleast 1.7 lakhs lower. Also, (atleast in Hyderabad) I see a lot of SLXs compared to other variants, hence the question. How does the new LX compare with the SLX ? Are there any advantages of SLX other than the features (hand rest, fog lamps etc)?

Regards
-Naren
Old 3rd December 2007, 21:20   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenk View Post
Are there any advantages of SLX other than the features (hand rest, fog lamps etc)
Nothing except the Gizmos!!!!!!
Old 4th December 2007, 09:40   #3
BHPian

Hi,
Slx and i think even the DX comes with side claddings besides the gizmos like follow me etc etc...
Old 4th December 2007, 09:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

There are no differences other than the bells and whistles. Some of these you don't really want, believe me! Save your money and buy the LX.
Old 4th December 2007, 10:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
Slx and i think even the DX comes with side claddings besides the gizmos like follow me etc etc...
No DX does not comes with Side Cladding and follow me things...
Old 4th December 2007, 10:23   #6
BHPian

Not much difference. If you think you may want the side cladding down the line, I suggest you go for the DX. I read somewhere on this forum that fitting side claddings later is a no-no.

I for one, prefer the looks of the LX without the side-cladding. However considering the traffic in our cities, the extra-protection is definitely useful.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:00   #7

Thanks for the responses... very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
No DX does not comes with Side Cladding and follow me things...
DX does come with side cladding, not the other features.

Here are prices offered in Hyderabad:

SLX = 10,13,000 (Discount of 26000)
DX = 9,27,000 (Discount of 20000)
LX = 8,36,000 (No discounts)

All of these include "standard fitment" in the invoice price, which is anywhere between 26000 - 32000 depending on the model. Again, is there any requirement to go with the standard fitment ? Cant we get the MP3
player installed separately ?

Regards
-Naren
Old 4th December 2007, 11:41   #8
BHPian

LX and SLX

The SLX has a slew of features, some neat, some irritating.. Personally , I would have picked the LX, but for the fact that it is not available in an 8 seater, nor in beige interiors. Additionally the door panel has no storage space at all.

A good compromise is the DX that offers all the features that the LX is missing , albeit having to live with the cladding

Vijay
Old 4th December 2007, 13:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
but for the fact that it is not available in an 8 seater, nor in beige interiors.
That's entirely a matter of personal choice. I prefer the 7-seater config and believe me beige interiors are not at all a practical choice for our very dusty/dirty Mahaan Bharat!
Old 4th December 2007, 15:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Go for DX instaed of LX or SLX. As DX has almost all the features of SLX. Pricewise also not a huge diference.
Old 5th December 2007, 22:22   #11

Thanks for the responses, I am almost decided on the DX model.

Before I commit however, would M&M be stopping production on the 2.6L engine and how would that have an impact on this purchase. I am planning to keep this for 3 or 4 years.
Old 6th December 2007, 06:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenk View Post
Before I commit however, would M&M be stopping production on the 2.6L engine and how would that have an impact on this purchase. I am planning to keep this for 3 or 4 years.
I don't think that should be an area of concern at all.
There are far too many on the road already. Spares ought to be available for a long time, even if M&M stops production of the 2.6L, which I doubt.
Old 6th December 2007, 08:29   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
narenk : .. I am almost decided on the DX model.
@Narenk, since you have decided on the DX, suggest you wait a couple of weeks. There can be some discounts (typically offered in December). Book it such that you can register it Jan. That way you will have a 2008 model.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:56   #14

Scorpio SLE vs VLX

I am posting my quert in this thread as this is kinda similar to the question which I have in mind.
I wanted to buy a sedan but then it was vetoed by dad . So it was either Scorpio/Innova or Xylo. I decided upon either a Scorpio or Xylo after reading the pro's and cons from this forum. But then my family felt Xylo was much comfortable when compared to Scorpio w.r.t seating . So I made up mind to go for Xylo as my family will be the one using it and I will be visiting them only once in 6 months. We were about to pay the advance by today as the bank procedures were already completed beforehand. But out of the blue my parents decided to go for Scorpio yesterday night and I was informed the same just a while ago.
So finally its going to be a Scorpio in Diamond White but here comes the tricky part.

I was going through the features mentioned in the quotation provided by the dealer for SLE & VLX-HE (2WD with Airbags) and it looked almost the same except the Airbags . Also the price variation was almost 1.5 lakhs in the on road price.

SLE - 859690+73775+244417 = 957882
VLX-HE - 988688+84095+27580 = 1100363

But it was different story when I compared both the models in the mahindra website as there were many features not present in SLE when compared to VLX. To name a few as below.

Tyre-tronics
intellipark
2 DIN audio system with bluetooth, CD/MP3 player, USB & SD Card compatibility
Micro Hybrid Technology
Bluevision bulbs
Intelligent front wipers
Illuminated footboards
Cruise control and Audio control
Smart Window (Anti-pinch, Driver side design)

So I need help from you guys so as to find who is right either the Dealer or the Scorpio website ?
Old 15th March 2010, 11:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremethunder View Post
SLE - 859690+73775+244417 = 957882
VLX-HE - 988688+84095+27580 = 1100363

But it was different story when I compared both the models in the mahindra website as there were many features not present in SLE when compared to VLX. To name a few as below.

Tyre-tronics
intellipark
2 DIN audio system with bluetooth, CD/MP3 player, USB & SD Card compatibility
Micro Hybrid Technology
Bluevision bulbs
Intelligent front wipers
Illuminated footboards
Cruise control and Audio control
Smart Window (Anti-pinch, Driver side design)

So I need help from you guys so as to find who is right either the Dealer or the Scorpio website ?
The website is correct. I have a 2 week old Diamond White Scorpio SLE 7 seater, and the features you've listed above are not present in it. However, IMO, all of them are of novelty value at best, except the Micro Hybrid feature. That's why SLE made more VFM sense to me.

Just as an aside: I saved almost 7.5k on the insurance by doing it independently, rather than opting for the dealer quote. You might think about that, if you're on a tight budget like I was.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 15th March 2010 at 11:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks