Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 14:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get the Pete's kit.
Certainly thats a top priority, infact ill order for the Petes even before the car arrives, ie just after booking the car.

Quote:
Zak, BUSA must have calculated all the figures and everything even before finalising on the car!
LOL, infact part of the reason for zeroing in on a Innova is that its the only car out of the Safari/Tavera/Scorpio which has a Petes box available for it.

Colour i have zeroed in on Champagne Gold.

Quote:
Why is no one talking about the NEW TATA SUMO ?
The reason for not taking the Safari is its a Tata, so no Sumo. I wanted a diesel Hatch and the Indica was the only option but i didnot buy the car since it was a Tata and waited till other diesel car came which was the Swift.

Quote:
Opt for the high end version with 6 captain seats all around.
Does it come in 6 seat config. I thought only 7 and 8 seaters.

Quote:
Innova is having major discounts,right now.
Infact, a six figure discount if U put ur money on the table now.
Thats almost 1Lac discount. Considering a Innova comes for 11.5 OTR here that means a lakh off means 10.5 OTR. What are the points to bargain.

Quote:
think the steering might get a but heavy with 225s. thats what i had read somewhere on tbhp. stick to 205s and get better tyres.
Its ok if the steering becomes a little heavier but 225s is a must with the weight the car has.

Quote:
rather than this go for bilstein shocks. contact peter for more details. they are bolt on.

How much for them? Will they make the ride stiffer?

Quote:
get HIDs for about 6-8k.

Where and what colour?

Quote:
dont get the ones with the blue leds. they look very cheap. get the TGAs.
Quote:
What are the TGA ones and how much do they cost?

Thanks alot guys specially akshay for your inputs

P.S Which dealer in Bombay is the best, and what kind of discounts are they giving without bargaining.
Old 8th December 2007, 14:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

the bilsteins are for 38k and will improve the ride and handling.

tga is toyota genuine accessory. im not sure how much they cost.

for hids you can get projector headlights for 22k and then buy 6000k hids.
if you dont want the projector headlights get h4 hi/lo 6000k hids.
Old 8th December 2007, 14:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Akshay, if i am getting Blistein suspension and prjector lights then i might just strech and buy a endeavour.

6000k cost 6k?
Old 8th December 2007, 14:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks Akshay, if i am getting Blistein suspension and prjector lights then i might just strech and buy a endeavour.

6000k cost 6k?
between 6-8k. 6000k is the colour temperature.
Old 8th December 2007, 15:00   #20
BANNED

Buy whatever you want but not an Endeavour! :

It's a big vehicle but definitely not a comfortable one. Peep into the rearmost seats and You'll understand.

Last edited by speedzak : 8th December 2007 at 15:03.
Old 8th December 2007, 16:35   #21
BHPian

why do you need strut braces, blisten shocks and fat tyres on an innova?

i just dont get it, please explain. innova is a people carrier, not a Golf GTI. it does not need 225mm tyres for the output the engine is producing. you will just make is slower.

the shocks will make the ride quality worse, with slight improvement in handling, unless you plan to track the people carrier i dont think its necessary.

just my honest opinions, your free to do anything with your car
Old 8th December 2007, 16:45   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

i just dont get it, please explain. innova is a people carrier, not a Golf GTI. it does not need 225mm tyres for the output the engine is producing. you will just make is slower.
Please dont attempt to make the Innova a road-burning machine. At the most, get better rubber and a Petes box. Its a very well-balanced machine so dont fool around in it.
Old 8th December 2007, 16:54   #23
BANNED

Even I thought about it for a while. Then came to a conclusion that you may have done some research and decided on the strut braces.
I've always felt Innova to be a perfect handling MUV. It's big but rides like a car. Pete's box and a good filter will make it a good allrounder. Yes, that's my opinion.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

zak, gto, cheap_deal - the bilsteins im talking about are being sold by petes and are bolt on for the innova. they have been tested for a couple of months already and improve the ride and handling. so its not really fooling around with it or trial and error. but i wouldnt get the shcks for a new car, thats why im waiting for the shocks on my car to wear out before i get the bilsteins.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th December 2007 at 17:25.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

the shocks will make the ride quality worse, with slight improvement in handling, unless you plan to track the people carrier i dont think its necessary.
Quote:
Please dont attempt to make the Innova a road-burning machine. At the most, get better rubber and a Petes box. Its a very well-balanced machine so dont fool around in it.
Quote:
Even I thought about it for a while. Then came to a conclusion that you may have done some research and decided on the strut braces.
I've always felt Innova to be a perfect handling MUV. It's big but rides like a car. Pete's box and a good filter will make it a good allrounder. Yes, that's my opinion.
Thanks Akshay for the answer.

Quote:
if you can improve the innova why not?
Guys when people modify their road cars like OHC, Lancers, Swifts then why not a Innova. I would like to make the Innova as much good as i can. I am not dragging it, certainly not, nor am i gonna race it. But if Ford can make a car like the S Max then why cant Innova be made better.

I spoke to quite alot of dealers, all say that discount is 75000/- but i heard 6 figure. This was only on the phone. What are the methods to increase that discount.

Interest rate, i have been qouted at 14.5% which is too high. My Optra is at 8% interest rate with 100% finance from GM Finance.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
between 6-8k. 6000k is the colour temperature.
Akshay123456789......Infinity, Where can i get them for that much?
Old 8th December 2007, 19:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need a 6 seater car and i have been doing quite a bit of research.

I have heard there is a new Innova coming soon, when is it expected and what is the new thing in it.
AFAIK, the new Innova is not expected to be a new model, but perhaps a new and improved one with some features thrown in. Manufacturers usually freshen up the car midlife. Have also read that Innova in CNG could be launched around mid-Dec. If you wish to buy the Innova, could you wait or get more info before buying. Plus the year is also ending, and you may get a 2007 production model at a higher discount.

Cannot say much about the Tavera, except that is very noisy, has an image of a call centre cab (in Delhi at least), and sells only because it the amongst the cheapest call centre cab.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

1) How much FE does it return, realistically in City driving.

Over a distance of 26125 kms it gave an overall mileage of 12.21 kpl all with AC on. The lowest I got was 9.5kpl and other than a 19.62 and 16.72 kpl over a distance of 52kms (from showroom to my house, the first one on delivery and the second after a service), the highest mileage I have got is 14.3kpl.

2) How is the resale value. How much is a 2005 Innova being sold of for?

My Innova Diesel V bought on 26/06/2005 (9.96L ex showroom Cochin) was sold on 09/08/2007 for Rs 8.15 lakh.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
could you wait or get more info before buying. Plus the year is also ending, and you may get a 2007 production model at a higher discount.
Yeah i am trying. Since the year is ending i am expecting to get much better discounts. Lets see what i can get. I am in no hurry and can wait for a Jan model, but since i will get better discounts now so prefer a 2007 model.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i am trying. Since the year is ending i am expecting to get much better discounts. Lets see what i can get. I am in no hurry and can wait for a Jan model, but since i will get better discounts now so prefer a 2007 model.
I said that buy a `2007 production model' in Jan-Feb 2008, not in 12/2007. That should get you a higher discount (if you are willing to buy a 2007 production model).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks