Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 15:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is no debate here. The Innova is far superior to the Scorpio in just about every aspect. The only bad things about it are the looks. If you are happy with the looks of the Innova and don't need 4x4 capability then it is a no brainer, get an Innova. If you are willing to compromize on quality and features for the tough macho looks, then get a Scropio.

I just hate the Innova looks so I wait eagerly for the Fortuner.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:13   #17
BHPian

Is there any chance of a new Innova???

My friend is quite keen to buy it, but I do not want him to buy it now if Toyota is planning to come out with a new version.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Is there any chance of a new Innova???

My friend is quite keen to buy it, but I do not want him to buy it now if Toyota is planning to come out with a new version.
New Version will come by Dec 2008 with a price hike of 40k

Raj - A modded Innova will beat the hell out of a modded Scoprio from 0 - 100 and beyond. You can add a Petes box to the Innova, but not the Scoprio. The buyer of the Scorpio does the R&D for Mahindra, not the same case with Toyota's.
Old 8th January 2008, 01:56   #19
BHPian

Innova all the way. It has one of the best gasoline engines in the Indian market right now (136 bhp with VVT-i) and the build quality is amazing. I usually don't like Toyotas much but this one's an exception.
Old 8th January 2008, 03:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Low Speed

I will go contrary to the majority here. The Scorpio has 4x4 availability, it handles better at low speeds and in tight narrow streets, it affords better visibility to the driver. The Innova's sloping bonnet makes the front and left side hard to judge. The Innova's suspension makes it wallow a bit. The Scorpio's engine is a bit more peppy. The Scorpio is better on rough roads and in tight situations, the Innova is the superior highway vehicle. I would go Scorpio.
Old 8th January 2008, 08:50   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

For raw power off-road and on-road, and sheer driving pleasure of an 'SUV' - Scorpio. For chauffeur driven tarmac-only 'VAN' - Innova.

I agree with most over here about quality of the toyota, especially interiors, but I've been using (thrashing rather) the Scorpio for over 3 years without any issues and I love it ! Wouldn't dream of the Innova as an alternative. They belong in completely different segments.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:24   #22
BHPian

I agree with NIP that "For raw power off-road and on-road, and sheer driving pleasure of an 'SUV' - Scorpio. For chauffeur driven tarmac-only 'VAN' - Innova."
Old 8th January 2008, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Scorpio is rocking

Scorpio for yongsters Innova for family simple
Old 8th January 2008, 10:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
I agree with NIP that "For raw power off-road and on-road, and sheer driving pleasure of an 'SUV' - Scorpio. For chauffeur driven tarmac-only 'VAN' - Innova."
Scorpio as mentioned very rightly is for the passionate driver in you!.
Innova , is for a different segment.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:36   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post

umm no.. that would be the safari. the scorpio dosent compare to the two.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

question is on what grounds are you comparing the two - for its engine or its people moving capabilities?

in both cases the innova is the answer, however, if you want, like NIP says 4x4, then look at the scorpio.
Old 16th February 2011, 18:56   #27
BHPian

Re: scorpio or innova?

Innova any day!! I have one for last 3+ yrs & undoubtedly the best in this class. I have driven friends Scorpio - and the pleasure of driving & comfort will not even come closer to Innova's.

Beyond that the space you get - is amazing & 2 people can even sit comfortably at the 3rd row with the comfort of AC!

I have chased BMW's & Merc's on Bangalore - Chennai highway plenty of time.

So - in all, simply go for Innova!! However - if you are a off roadie - Innova isn't the right one. Go for Pajero or Bolero or Thar.
Old 16th February 2011, 19:33   #28
BHPian

Hi Mates, I just bought an Innova 3 months back. I am liking it. While I am not sure I would be able to chase any Merc/Bimmer with it, I am happy that it carries my family with supreme comfort. Like most people out here have said, both the Scorpio and Innova are two different vehicles which meet different demands. One has to decide according to specific requirements that one has, rather than seek a general discussion on the Scorpio Vs Innova debate.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:04   #29
BHPian

Scorpio , beyond doubt, if you log in to the 4X4 section of this website every day!. innova, if you are a daily visitor of 'Indian car scene'
Old 16th February 2011, 21:48   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

MODS the thread is very old and should be closed i think.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed