Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 10:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

Theres also a facelifted innova and finally a corolla diesel expected.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:47   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Take a spin in the Laura as well as the Sonata Embera diesel (with a 6 speed). Though it is not a diesel, the Civic is worth a drive atleast. I think it is a perfect upgrade from the Baleno.
Old 15th January 2008, 11:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Laura would be my choice in the price bracket.
Old 15th January 2008, 11:18   #19
Team-BHP Support

The Grand Vitara becomes a contender only if you badly need a SUV, otherwise look at cars.
Old 15th January 2008, 11:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
We actually owned an Octy for 4+ years, so yes, I do know about these costs first hand. And you're right, these are fairly high. But when you compare a Laura to its competitors in the 12-15 lac range, none of the cars are really cheap to maintain. So I guess that is something that comes with the territory...
Compared to the Laura and Octavia, the Accord is way cheaper to maintain and its in the same segment as the Octavia/Laura. Infact space wise the Accord is in a segment above, the Laura is a Civic segment car priced at Accord levels.
Old 15th January 2008, 12:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Compared to the Laura and Octavia, the Accord is way cheaper to maintain and its in the same segment as the Octavia/Laura.
True, the Accord is cheaper to maintain. Maybe we can wait for rangaraj to verify if maintenance costs are a big factor in his decision making process.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Test drive the Pajero , even if you do not plan to buy it. Even though the design is dated, It is a good vehicle in my opinion. Overproced by 4 lakhs , but which vehicle in that segment isnt?
The dated design adds to the charm in fact. I think Aditya will back me up on this one!
Old 15th January 2008, 14:28   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
The dated design adds to the charm in fact. I think Aditya will back me up on this one!
I think pajero is a classic,its made sturdy and can handle anything.This is a SUV that will last a decade or more unlike some other SUV which start rattling 50k kms and get half of their engine components changed under warranty.
Old 15th January 2008, 19:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys Pajero is very very dated, it uses such a anemic engine, its better off getting a Laura then. Plus HMs service is pathetic and spare prices of the Pajero is also on the higher side, though it doesnot compare to the Laura at all in terms of spare parts.

I would suggest The New Accord, but its going to cost around 19-20L
Old 15th January 2008, 20:26   #25
BHPian

Some feedback and additonal insights to my thoughts

Thanks guys.. My thoughts..

Post the baleno, i was looking for a vehicle with superior interiors, larger space, better GC, better build quality, good A.S.S, better safety features, and preferably diesel.

The last time i bought based on rational, and this time i want to enjoy myself in the midst of bumper-to-bumper city traffic (nearly one hour each way) and look forward to more long distance jaunts..

Vehicles considered thus far & why some of them dont fit the bill:
Mid size
- Civic (GC, visibility)
- Laura (A.S.S, price)
- Magnum (Did not like it)
- Corolla (Old!)
SUVs
- Tuscon (Old, poor interiors for the price - otherwise great vehicle - dont want to be the only guy buying it for the month across India ;-)..)
- GV (Considering, not driven it as yet.. )
- Endy (huge to drive in the city, bad mid/last seats)
- Pajero (like it even though it is old, priced too high)
- CRV (pricecy, and petrol drinker)
- Captiva (seems good, but could have been priced lower - wish it was not a CBU)
- Nissan - too pricey
Large cars
- Embera (Heard good reports, have not driven the diesel version - not too sure with the current numbers they are (not) selling, when they will drop prices)
- Accord (great car, like everything except the FE.. may keep a look out for a good deal before the new accord is launched, like this model's looks better)
- Camry, Nissan - too expensive

Yet to be announced:
mid size
- Linea (will have to wait and watch)
Large
- New accord (dont seem to like the looks, but going by the discussions, would be pricey)
- new lancer ?
SUV
- Mitsubishi Outlander (will be my first choice if they price it right - much better option than the older pajero)
- SantaFe (will be pricey)
Old 15th January 2008, 21:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Laura (A.S.S, price)
Unknown to you but your nearest Skoda service centre is 3 km down the road from where you live ? So is the Honda!!

Maybe you should look out for run out offers for the accord.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:00   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys Pajero is very very dated, it uses such a anemic engine, its better off getting a Laura then. Plus HMs service is pathetic and spare prices of the Pajero is also on the higher side, though it doesnot compare to the Laura at all in terms of spare parts.

I would suggest The New Accord, but its going to cost around 19-20L
The Anemic engine is more drivable than most of current SUV and several times more engine life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks