Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 21:04   #1

Sumo Victa Di or Bolero Plus

Hi Guys

I am looking for some help in deciding between two vehicles.

1> Sumo Victa DI Turbo EX ( BS 3 )
2> Bolero Plus ( AC + PS ). ( BS 3 )

The Sumo is costing 5.7 lacs and the Bolero Plus ( with AC + PS ) is costing 5.75 lacs.

Now the vehicles will be mostly driven by chauffer ( say 80 % ) and the remaining by my cousin. Also the vehicle will be used to haul people and goods from point A to point B. The vehicles will be used in city roads and well as rural roads. The vehicles need to go through water logged roads ( city roads ) during monsoons and should be able to withstand the chewed up roads in monsoon.

I TDed both vehicles. With better torque and bhp and smaller turning radius , I am in favour of the Sumo. But , since the vehicle would be driven mostly by a chauffer , driving comfort is not the top most consideration.

Reliability and low maintainance , however is.
No offence meant to TATA vehicles owners , but TATA vehicles love maintainance ( like Romeo loves Juliet ).

As for Bolero Plus , I have no idea about its maintainance demands.
Although the vehicle is bit harsh and crude and little less spacious than the Sumo, I think the spare parts are cheaper and the maintainance is not much needed as the Sumo . Bolero may give a better FE than Sumo.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Also , please suggest ,between these two vehicles ( and models ) only. Please do not suggest Grande , Scorpio , Tavera etc.

Thanks
Spinner Wheelz
Old 17th March 2008, 15:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Spinner

I am certain this thread will give you the answers.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks