Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 14:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Been following this thread since it is created and thought it has no rationale at all, as there is a disparity of almost 11 LAKHS. However, that stands corrected since sunishsamuel is considering used Pajeros also.

By reading your posts it is very evident that you are longing for the Pajero driver seat....

Honestly if I have 20L to dispense, I would still go for the Safari and invest the remaining in a portfolio. The Pajero is simply not worth of 20L.

After 5 years I will sell my Safari, my portfolio and post a new thread in the "what car?" section....
Being very honest with you, i agree with your statement. I have been longing for a pajero seat from 1993-1994 because that was the first time i saw a Pajero that too in Trivandrum. And that's why i am considering an used pajero since the new pajero is not the right choice at the moment. The only concern is about servicing and spares availability. I am talking about this from my experience. When i got my first mini SBK, a suzuki 400, i faced the same problem and might end up paying more for some spare part because i won't have time with me and without the spare the bike could not run.

And you are very practical, investing in a portfolio does make sense

Called up few guys who are selling pajero's in bangalore, everyone has auto transmission except for one in delhi but that car seems to have had a major accident and he is selling it for an incredibly low price. Cheaper than a second hand Honda City 1.3 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
The reason to bring in Scorpio is the 10 Lakh price range. And I think build quality, fit and finish etc matters a lot for a car. Pajero is much better than Safari in these area. And these aspects plays a major part in cost of a vehicle compared to stuffs like parking sensors, LCD display etc,.
The only problem with scorpio is the safety part. I mean, in terms of a frontal collision the car does not withstand impacts as a safari would do. But it has a very sweet engine and quality of stuff is good as well.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th March 2008 at 14:48. Reason: Please use Multi quote option
Old 25th March 2008, 18:24   #47
BHPian

Safari VX 4X4 - best VFM, great all rounder and makes better sense. How often you are able to drive a car of this size above 100 and on express highways -above 120? I guess rarely. Safari meets your needs very well and the peace of mind you have with a new vehicle covered under warranty for 150000 kms / 4 years is simply priceless compared to an used Pajero. In any case, you can still buy the same Pajero at much less price after a year or two! Start saving while you have fun with the new Safari. ( my two cents).
Old 28th March 2008, 22:48   #48
BANNED

I agree with what everyone has to say on this thread.

VFM Safari
VFMore Money-Pajero.

If you still insist on a Pajero pls go ahead and be left behind as the same pajero will be discontinued with the new one with the whole new shape and features.

Atleast Safari is still the same and yes with constant improvements.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Get a Prado if you got the money.
I have used this Prado to the hilt, and believe me a Pajero was much better in taking the rough patches.

However, the advantage with this vehicle was its' interiors, refinement and a faster pickup than a Pajero. But it used to bounce on rough patches when compared to its' counterpart.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Pajero Vs New Safari-img_2144.jpg  

Old 28th March 2008, 23:09   #50
BANNED

Have beaten the Prado with fully loaded (5+1 kid) Safari 3L Dicor on Chitradurga road.

Havent driven one but have heard its very much refined on the interiors.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:22   #51
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2008 at 12:41.
bglsrini is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2008, 11:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Safari + Portfilio Anyday.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Been following this thread since it is created and thought it has no rationale at all, as there is a disparity of almost 11 LAKHS. However, that stands corrected since sunishsamuel is considering used Pajeros also.

By reading your posts it is very evident that you are longing for the Pajero driver seat....

Honestly if I have 20L to dispense, I would still go for the Safari and invest the remaining in a portfolio. The Pajero is simply not worth of 20L.

After 5 years I will sell my Safari, my portfolio and post a new thread in the "what car?" section....
Hai,

My thoughts exactly.

As the choice is between Safari and Pajero (I'm not bringing in Scorpio, I believe in and drive one, 16K on the odo in 8 months and will also do Ladakh in August on it), I'd go for the Safari any day. I'd deck up the Safari with all the bells and whistles possible and may be spend 2L and invest 8 L on a portfolio. I am sure when I sell my Safari and the Portfilio in 2 years, there'd be more choices and I'd have enough money to buy something in the range of 20L+

On our highways, 120+ is not sustainable and safe, a Safari will cruise like a dream on the highway. If I want to do some serious off-roading, I'd keep a jeep or gypsey for the week-end.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
===========
Old 31st March 2008, 00:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

@sunishsamuel: What kind of prices have you been quoted for the used Pajeros? Would be helpful if you mentioned the kms run and age too.
Thanks!
Old 31st March 2008, 11:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai,

I'd deck up the Safari with all the bells and whistles possible and may be spend 2L and invest 8 L on a portfolio. I am sure when I sell my Safari and the Portfilio in 2 years, there'd be more choices and I'd have enough money to buy something in the range of 20L+

--Ramky
===========
You can buy a Bolero and invest 14 lakhs in portfolio.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

If you think that Safari spares are a problem and you can afford a pajero,
then you can buy 2 new safaris for the cost of one pajero. Use the other safari as a spare.

The safari is going through various stages of evolution and the pajero sold in India is on its way to dissolution(dissolved- read as no longer sold- in rest of the modern world).
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@sunishsamuel: What kind of prices have you been quoted for the used Pajeros? Would be helpful if you mentioned the kms run and age too.
Thanks!
1) 1996 Automatic Diesel odo shows 70K, imported - Rs. 9L negotiable
2) 1998 Manual Diesel odo not working for sometime it seems but readng is at 1.5L, accident vehicle with radiator changed to a cheap local one and severe rattling from the bonnet - Rs. 7L (and documents are not up to date !)
3) 2002 Indian version (supposedly) with Manual trans and odo showing 50k for 11L (everything clear but owner in half mind to sell or not to sell)
4) 1994 Pajero but with a "fancy number plate" for 10L because he paid some money for the number and it seems to have turned lucky for him. Its again automatic diesel, imported and ran for about 1L per odo.

Please help in finding average rates of a Pajero so I can go talk accordingly.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:32   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
3) 2002 Indian version (supposedly) with Manual trans and odo showing 50k for 11L (everything clear but owner in half mind to sell or not to sell)
This Paj would be my pick of the lot. Bargain hard, and drive her home. Its the newest and has an almost certain guarantee of service / parts from HM. 50K kilometers is nothing for a Pajero.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
1) 1996 Automatic Diesel odo shows 70K, imported - Rs. 9L negotiable
24) 1994 Pajero but with a "fancy number plate" for 10L because he paid some money for the number and it seems to have turned lucky for him. Its again automatic diesel, imported and ran for about 1L per odo.

Please help in finding average rates of a Pajero so I can go talk accordingly.
I saw an ad for a Pajero - 3 door - automatic- diesel 1996 - run approx. 60 k for 7.5 lakhs. try to find it on ebay. details are given below.

1996-1998 PAJERO 2DOOR SPORTS INTERCOOLER TURBO DIESEL MODEL FOR SALE MINT CONDITION,FULLY LOADEDCONTACT SELLER AMEET K THAKKER
Registered in Mumbai Single owner Mumbai car sparingly used car in excellent condition RUN ONLY 58000KMS with having the following accessories:
1.-POWER STEERING, MAG WHEELS PAJERO CLASS
2. Climate control Aircon
Imported Stereo 12 CD Player SYSTEMCDPLAYER, Complete Entertainment system latest woofer, Amplifier
3. Side Retraction Mirrors ,Tilted Steering
6. Boot and inner special rubber mats.
7. Cigarette lighter
8. Sunscreen film on glasses, stereo w/o remote ,Sproiler at back & SPECIAL UPOLTERY COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE till 2008 OCTOBER
.9) MUSIC SYSTEM, ONLY SPARIGLY USED WITH COMPLETE SERVICE HISTORY MAINTAINED WORKSHOP thane
Colour – MET BLUE SILVER

there is ph no. of the seller on the pic.. try this( mods please, forgive me if this is not as per the rules at TBHP).

eBay India: 1996-1998 MITSUBISHI PAJERO 2DOOR SPORTS TURBO DIESEL (item 300190594894 end time 13-Apr-2008 16:15:38 IST)
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
I have used this Prado to the hilt, and believe me a Pajero was much better in taking the rough patches.

However, the advantage with this vehicle was its' interiors, refinement and a faster pickup than a Pajero. But it used to bounce on rough patches when compared to its' counterpart.
Why do companies make SUV's so beautiful. :-)
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:53   #60
BHPian

Saw this already but this is the mini pajero not the five door one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks