Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 10:51   #61
BHPian

@gshanky: Congrats pal! Finally you zeroed down on the best (of the potential considerations)....what color it will be? Ask your dealer to get Bridgestone tires for your SLE.

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 16th April 2009, 10:52   #62
BHPian

@garry.brant

i just had to pay 2000 for the cost of 50% of the bumper and the rest ie paint and all were claimed the total bill was 15000 approx at Pasco Maruti
Old 16th April 2009, 11:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
i just had to pay 2000 for the cost of 50% of the bumper and the rest ie paint and all were claimed the total bill was 15000 approx at Pasco Maruti
Good decision if you have already made it. My experience with them has not been that good , I had national insurance for my palio and i have suffered a lot. Probably depends on car to car or person to person .
Old 16th April 2009, 18:48   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
@gshanky: Congrats pal! Finally you zeroed down on the best (of the potential considerations)....what color it will be? Ask your dealer to get Bridgestone tires for your SLE.

Cheers,
Deepak
Mist Silver - Looked at Rocky beige and Mist silver and zeroed in on mist silver. I'll keep it in mind about the Bridgestone tires. Should I ask it now or should I wait till the car arrives and then dealer can change it?
Old 16th April 2009, 18:51   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Mist Silver - Looked at Rocky beige and Mist silver and zeroed in on mist silver. I'll keep it in mind about the Bridgestone tires. Should I ask it now or should I wait till the car arrives and then dealer can change it?
Tell them in advance so that no problems while taking the delievery, aslo are getting it fully loaded , if yes then ask them if they could deduct the ICE price as stock ICE in Scorpio isnt the best and like all of us you want the best.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:58   #66
BHPian

@gshanky: Congrats on the new ride buddy!! Is it the new Scorpio Refresh or the old one?
Old 16th April 2009, 19:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
@gshanky: Congrats on the new ride buddy!! Is it the new Scorpio Refresh or the old one?
New look scorpio SLE. I am not sure if the older scorpio had SLE version..
Old 16th April 2009, 19:07   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Insurance amount is - Rs.32748
Road Tax - Rs.116071

Not sure if this is the best I can get. Any suggestions?
I got it for 21k from Bajaj Allianz. Call them directly on their toll free number and bargain hard. Thats what I did. TATA AIG offered me for 24k. And I was taking fresh insurance.

Another thing. The road tax in Bangalore as per the RTO website is 13% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle. Calculate that and what have you? Do you see a difference in amount with what you have quoted above?

Quote:
Yes, I am planning doing the insurance separately with an agent. The Scorpio is for my brother and parents who are in bangalore. My brother currently owns an omni and he is selling it and transferring/upgrading the insurance to scorpio. I am not sure if that would save me couple 10's of thousands. But if you could suggest something, please do.
If you do the registration and road tax yourself through an agent even directly at the RTO, then you get to save a good 10-15k for sure.

Last edited by Red Liner : 16th April 2009 at 19:10.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:08   #69
BHPian

Though it is a wishful thinking, it would be great to have team-bhp authorised Insurance agents and RTO agents who can get the job done with some discounts for team-bhp members. They get more business and we get discounts, seems like a win win solution. Haha
Old 16th April 2009, 19:16   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though it is a wishful thinking, it would be great to have team-bhp authorised Insurance agents and RTO agents who can get the job done with some discounts for team-bhp members. They get more business and we get discounts, seems like a win win solution. Haha
Thats why you have the automobile association (on St. marks road, Bangalore) where you can become a member and they will do all these things for you for a very tiny fee and everything will be street legal!

I should become a member too...maybe first thing next week.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thats why you have the automobile association (on St. marks road, Bangalore) where you can become a member and they will do all these things for you for a very tiny fee and everything will be street legal!

I should become a member too...maybe first thing next week.
Thanks bro I didn't know that. Will enquire it right away
Old 16th April 2009, 19:41   #72
BHPian

AASI does not say anything about helping with registration - Automobile Association of Southern India - AASI Services

And Karantaka LTT is 10% (New Page 1) and atleast the website does not say anything about other huge fees, so not sure why registration fee is Rs.116071
Old 16th April 2009, 19:45   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
AASI does not say anything about helping with registration - Automobile Association of Southern India - AASI Services

And Karantaka LTT is 10% (New Page 1) and atleast the website does not say anything about other huge fees, so not sure why registration fee is Rs.116071
Hey, the LTT information is fantastic news! I could have sworn that I read 13% for vehicles under 10L and 16% for vehicles exceeding 10L just a couple of days back!

And see this - Page 9: http://rto.kar.nic.in/TaxaAmen2008.pdf

Now which one is the most recent?!
Old 16th April 2009, 20:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey, the LTT information is fantastic news! I could have sworn that I read 13% for vehicles under 10L and 16% for vehicles exceeding 10L just a couple of days back!

And see this - Page 9: http://rto.kar.nic.in/TaxaAmen2008.pdf

Now which one is the most recent?!
Umm.. looks like mine is older (2004-05) - here is another comprehensive page - KARNATAKA MOTOR VEHICLES TAXATION ACT - 1957 (Take a look at - PART A5)
Old 16th April 2009, 20:41   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Umm.. looks like mine is older (2004-05) - here is another comprehensive page - KARNATAKA MOTOR VEHICLES TAXATION ACT - 1957 (Take a look at - PART A5)
Nah, this is old. The new or currently prevailing rates are 13%. It still does not match what you have in your hand.

Most Viewed