Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 19:27   #76
BHPian

Redliner-: Thanks. Thats great info. WOW.. it means a lot of savings if we take a little pain of doing things yourself (albeit through agents). These were things that I never gave any consideration to.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

The road tax in Karnataka or some other cities is way too high, (12-13%).
In NCR its quite cheap. (all at ex-showroom prices)

Delhi - 5%
Gurgaon - 1% (1.5% for vehicles above 10L)
Noida, Ghaziabad - 5 %

I guess, talking to RTO also on your own will help in lots of saving, there would be some agents outside the office contact them, they will get the work done on the same day.
Old 27th July 2009, 00:39   #78
BHPian

I am completely to be blamed for posting the car pictures so late, but, better late than never. Here they are.

As mentioned in previous posts in this thread, the car is for my parents and it has been a sweet couple of months without any incidents. Hope this pleasant experience continues.

This is scorpio SLE and does not have any special additions. However i am looking for a bull bar or something to attach to the front bumper for safety. All suggestions are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari or Tata Sumo Grande orrr... what?? EDIT: Finally it is a Mahindra Scorpio-sany0111_tbhp1.jpg  

Tata Safari or Tata Sumo Grande orrr... what?? EDIT: Finally it is a Mahindra Scorpio-sany0113_tbhp2.jpg  

Tata Safari or Tata Sumo Grande orrr... what?? EDIT: Finally it is a Mahindra Scorpio-sany0122_tbhp3.jpg  

Old 27th July 2009, 10:56   #79
BHPian

looks NICE. The chrome tooth still hasnt grown on me , what are your feelings about that? I do wish Mahindra would incorporate the indicators on the Side view mirrors too. Would look very snappy.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:00   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good decision. Nice looking Mist Silver.
And I think the new Scorp looks quite nice too - I like the Etched Scorpio on the rear door cladding.
all the best
Old 27th July 2009, 13:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

looks good, how comfortable it is to remove that FM antenna ? It seems quite a work to set it up or remove it.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
looks NICE. The chrome tooth still hasnt grown on me , what are your feelings about that? I do wish Mahindra would incorporate the indicators on the Side view mirrors too. Would look very snappy.
I am not a big fan of the new grille either, but I can live with it. Though I haven't read about it anywhere, I think the new grille is response to the lawsuit GM put on Mahindra about the old scorpio grille being similar to Hummer..

I like your idea of the indicators. Some day..
Old 31st July 2009, 09:59   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
looks good, how comfortable it is to remove that FM antenna ? It seems quite a work to set it up or remove it.
To be honest, I haven't tried it at all. Not sure if I will ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
good decision. Nice looking Mist Silver.
And I think the new Scorp looks quite nice too - I like the Etched Scorpio on the rear door cladding.
all the best
Thanks shankar. Of all the colors available for SLE, I narrowed it down to Mist Silver. May be I should name my scorpio - Mist Warrior, Hahahaha
Old 31st July 2009, 13:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

adding a bull bar wont add to the safety of the passengers!

it will make the impact of a collision more rigid incase of an accident and will cause harm to the passengers rather than giving them safety!

the chassis has been designed to absorb the impact and is a impact resistance structure, and you alter it by adding that bull bar!

bull bar will just protect the front bumper from scratchs or small dents!

also the bull bar is an extra weight on the chassis!

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

always read the manual and understand the construction of your vehicle before altering any of it! its for your own good and safety!

for example, if you put a bull bar on a bumper which has sensors to activate the airbags in case of a front collision, the impact will harm the passengers and the bull bar will delay the offset of the airbags!

i know some vehicles may not have airbags, but i m just giving you an example of the the bull bar being of no use as far as the safety if concerned!

i hope you got my point?

Last edited by Parm : 31st July 2009 at 13:28.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
This is scorpio SLE and does not have any special additions. However i am looking for a bull bar or something to attach to the front bumper for safety. All suggestions are welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
adding a bull bar wont add to the safety of the passengers!

it will make the impact of a collision more rigid incase of an accident and will cause harm to the passengers rather than giving them safety!
parm, maybe shanky meant the safety of the bumpers!
Old 31st July 2009, 17:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

i dont know why but i like the Beige color now a lot
anyways congrats on ur buy.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:17   #87
BHPian

In addition to what Parm wrote bull bars are a serious hazard to pedestrians and cyclists in case of collision and all responsible individuals should shun them.
Old 1st August 2009, 00:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
parm, maybe shanky meant the safety of the bumpers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
In addition to what Parm wrote bull bars are a serious hazard to pedestrians and cyclists in case of collision and all responsible individuals should shun them.
there you go shanky, the advice on the bullbar!
Old 1st August 2009, 05:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
there you go shanky, the advice on the bullbar!

Hmm... I said "bull bar or something for safety". And you could construe that as safety for everybody including the probable cyclist, pedestrian, folks in the car and finally the car itself.

I came across from another thread but forgot what it was. Someone mentioned to go for some kind of attachment to the front bumper which protects the front bumper from small bumps while parking, etc.

Any one knows what I am talking about?
Old 1st August 2009, 08:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Hmm... I said "bull bar or something for safety". And you could construe that as safety for everybody including the probable cyclist, pedestrian, folks in the car and finally the car itself.

I came across from another thread but forgot what it was. Someone mentioned to go for some kind of attachment to the front bumper which protects the front bumper from small bumps while parking, etc.

Any one knows what I am talking about?
shanky, its simple-

if you are concerned about the safety of your car's occupants or other road users, dont go for any bull bar. but, if you mostly drive within city limits & you want to protect your bumpers, you can opt for one.

now, my car has a guard, but that DOES NOT mean i do not care for safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks